PDA

View Full Version : Willowbank bike shootout

Fish
02-10-2009, 04:52 PM
On at willowbank on the 24th. $50 admits rider and spectator, with test and tune after at no extra cost. Gates open at 1 racing from 1:15.

A good day to be had. I'll be there on the (finally) lowered bandit.:D

papa smurf
08-10-2009, 09:27 PM
That's right folks, the shootouts are alive & well & have a brand new sponsor.
Next one is October 24th, only 2 weeks away.

http://www.willowbank-raceway.com.au/eventdetails.aspx?qstEventID=72

Bob
12-10-2009, 03:24 PM
Dont knowif the TL will be running. Hope to be out there.

papa smurf
12-10-2009, 05:37 PM
Get your arse out there Bob.

There will also be riders briefings & tips for newbies along with track familiarisation & explanation of what's what for whoever wants it.

crazymofo
12-10-2009, 09:47 PM
after last ones complete farce im not too keen on it anymore. other then the fact i wanna see what i can do on the gsxr1000 ive just bought, i dont know weather i can be bothered fronting up with cash, sit around in the sun in full leathers waiting for a fucking ambulance to arrive and then have it all pulled early cos some turkey flips his bike on the return shoot.

i presume willowbank are running this now themselves, if so i hope they do a better job cos ive only attended one meet where it all went smoothly.

cheers.joe.

Fish
12-10-2009, 10:10 PM
I think you're just unlucky Joe. I've been to quite a few now and I've only ever been interupted once and that was by a freak rain storm. Come out for this one and see how you go, it'll be a good time. As you said the other day mate, that bloke that stuffed the last one was just a turkey.

Bob
13-10-2009, 06:05 AM
quote:Originally posted by papa smurf

Get your arse out there Bob.

There will also be riders briefings & tips for newbies along with track familiarisation & explanation of what's what for whoever wants it.

I will try, I have the TL going to someone to have the Front throttle body/injector looked at and tuned.

Bob
13-10-2009, 06:07 AM
And fish is GAY!!!!:D:D

Fish
13-10-2009, 04:41 PM
I'm not gay, but my boy friend Bob is... He loves the cock![:0][:X]

You just make sure that TL is good to go fancy pants.

papa smurf
13-10-2009, 07:03 PM
quote:Originally posted by crazymofo

after last ones complete farce im not too keen on it anymore. other then the fact i wanna see what i can do on the gsxr1000 ive just bought, i dont know weather i can be bothered fronting up with cash, sit around in the sun in full leathers waiting for a fucking ambulance to arrive and then have it all pulled early cos some turkey flips his bike on the return shoot.

i presume willowbank are running this now themselves, if so i hope they do a better job cos ive only attended one meet where it all went smoothly.

cheers.joe.

You know what Joe, i couldn't agree more.
BUT
It wasn't the track's fault that the ambo had ti divert to a road accident on it's way to the event.
I'm sure if it was you or your family in said accident you'd want it diverted.
I DO however have little regard for one of the previous sponsors who's reply when asked what the hold up was by a punter was "fucked if I know, they always do shit like this"
Why didn't he know? Oh, that's right, he was tooooo busy being a self important dickhead.

As far as the turkey that had the acco on the return road i'd rather not comment.
Lets just say that there are going to be people a lot more hands on & safety regs will be policed a LOT more strictly.

That said, come back out & have another crack & then tell me your opinions afterwards, i know certain people that would appreciate the feedback.

Bob
14-10-2009, 05:28 AM
quote:Originally posted by Fish

I'm not gay, but my boy friend Bob is... He loves the cock![:0][:X]

You just make sure that TL is good to go fancy pants.

Will do my bubble butt!!! :D

craig
19-10-2009, 02:41 PM
All the fancy talk aside, i'm keen. Just got an 01 GSXR 1000 from the auctions. Would love to give it a run.

papa smurf
19-10-2009, 05:01 PM
quote:Originally posted by craig

All the fancy talk aside, i'm keen. Just got an 01 GSXR 1000 from the auctions. Would love to give it a run.

So bring it out & have some fun.
Like i said, there will be track familiarisation & tips for anyone who hasn't been down the strip before.;)

craig
20-10-2009, 07:01 PM
Hay fish i'm taking a ute and trailer if anyone needs a bike or gear taken out. Leaving from logan village about 11.30 or 12;) May be staying for test n tune if wife takes cluby out.

Fish
22-10-2009, 11:03 PM
Hey thanks for the offer Craig, I'll be trailering anyway. Will be good to catch up with you again. The lowering links go on tomorrow morning, I can't wait to bust that P.B.

papa smurf
23-10-2009, 07:35 PM
We are driving out so that the mrs & i can take turns at punting the XR6 down the strip at the T&T afterwards.

Warning, it's going to be HOT

MONO
23-10-2009, 09:37 PM
Sorry guys won't be in brisy that weekend how ever will be there next weekend !!!!

papa smurf
25-10-2009, 09:05 AM
Pretty small turn out due to the heat & Indy & whatever else but still a great day.
Trialled a new concept called Bogey racing where you pick a dial in time & the track computer takes your reaction time along with how close you ran to your dial in to calculate your "package"

The winner of this was CRAIG from right here on ASF.
He managed it by cutting a .000 reaction tine & anly running 500th's off his dial in.
Due to the great light he cut he also got the best reaction time prize.
Both prizes were free entry to a test & tune so he's now got plenty of free track time to play with his new gixxer.

Well done mate.

Bob
26-10-2009, 11:03 AM
Well done Graig, awsome stuff, would have loved to be there, but other issues came up.

craig
26-10-2009, 06:16 PM
:D:D:DWell needless to say i had a good time. Not the quickest bike but just goes to show you don't need the quickest to have fun.:D:D:D

craig
26-10-2009, 06:24 PM
not bad value either. 18 runs $2.77 a run.;)