PDA

View Full Version : S3 Performance???

miniman1
30-09-2009, 06:09 PM
Hi all, Just wondering if anyone knows of S3 Performance?? Im told they're in melbourne but cant find anything about contacting them as Im after a part they supposedly stock.

Any help would be great :D

BANDITROD
30-09-2009, 06:19 PM
ebay my good man they sell disc's and other shit on there

sharky
30-09-2009, 06:29 PM
Ebay ID.... s3performance

jeff@s3performance.com

Bought my Acewell dash from them.

Chase
30-09-2009, 06:53 PM
Got a few things from them, all been good, no hassles.

80s freak
30-09-2009, 08:38 PM
As above, had a few dealings with them always been great.

miniman1
01-10-2009, 01:27 AM
Yeah, thanx guys. Im after a cable i was told I can get from them, genuine is a f*#ken rip-off!!

ACTAngler
30-05-2010, 03:53 PM
Sorry to dig up old post. Has anyone bought wavy disc rotors off s3 (on Ebay or directly)? They look the same as the Chinese ones you can get on Ebay direct from Hong Kong (except a little more expensive as you would expect). I'd prefer to support the local bloke.

Gitzy
30-05-2010, 03:59 PM
Heaps better than chinese ones.. quality is excellent in my opinion.. I have a set of the chinese ones and the S3 performance ones and they shit all over the chinese ones quality wise.. this has come up before and i've said if your aiming for highest spec braking for track days etc prob not the way to go but for avg joe like me, perfect.. and great value for money..

http://i493.photobucket.com/albums/rr292/Gitzy84/DBFFGSF1295_sq.jpg

http://i493.photobucket.com/albums/rr292/Gitzy84/DBFFGSF1295_min.jpg

http://i493.photobucket.com/albums/rr292/Gitzy84/DBRSGSF1295_sq.jpg

http://i493.photobucket.com/albums/rr292/Gitzy84/DBRSGSF1295_min.jpg

http://i493.photobucket.com/albums/rr292/Gitzy84/Project%20Bandit/P29-07-09_153701.jpg

http://i493.photobucket.com/albums/rr292/Gitzy84/Project%20Bandit/P29-07-09_1540.jpg

http://i493.photobucket.com/albums/rr292/Gitzy84/Project%20Bandit/P29-07-09_1619.jpg

http://i493.photobucket.com/albums/rr292/Gitzy84/Project%20Bandit/P29-07-09_1630.jpg

BANDITROD
30-05-2010, 04:00 PM
i reckon timbo used those chinese disc and he reckons they are great and he rides the shit out of them

80s freak
30-05-2010, 04:47 PM
Got some chinese shit from ebay for a K7 750, arrived bent and un even thickness, Our machinist wouldn't machine them, he reckoned you'd have better luck machining cheese.

sharky
30-05-2010, 05:22 PM
S3 discs are Chinese discs...I phoned them and asked...I asked about warranty and he got very sheepish....I wanted to know what their policy was if they warped in a couple of months or went all rattly like Timbo's...no answer....

Gitzy
30-05-2010, 05:52 PM
Ahhh, that i didnt know Sharky.. if there chinesey they were better chinesy quality than my other chinesy ones if that makes sense.. but i spose theres a few different manufacturers in the mahooosive place that is china
for $290 for 2 front rotors delivered i was pretty happy.. i'd buy some buzzsaws off Ben or some galfers if i had the coin, but now such luck..

timbo
30-05-2010, 08:06 PM
Yes the ones i have are the Chinese ones and while they work just fine on one of my discs the spring washer on some of the rivets have broken so hence the rattle. Now this made me very concerned but after checking and rechecking the rivets they are still holding up just fine if not a bit rattly. Just looking at the s3 ones the quality of finish dose look a bit better than the ones that i have on my bike. I have also had no problem with them warping or being out of round.Hope this helps

sharky
30-05-2010, 08:22 PM
You just like to pretend its a ducati to get the girlies hot timbo...

timbo
30-05-2010, 08:55 PM
OK Russ you got me but i really want a Ducati Streetfighter 100% standard because they are the best bike in the world and i like to conform with society and not be an individual lol

sharky
30-05-2010, 09:25 PM
:D:D:D

80s freak
30-05-2010, 09:57 PM
I'm an individual too.

EXBEN
30-05-2010, 10:02 PM
I've supplied some S3 Disks for a few bikes & they seem good so far, the worst one was a rear that had the mounting holes slightly out of alignment compared to the arm bit, this didn't affect the mounting of them though & they work fine.

ACTAngler
31-05-2010, 12:42 AM
Thanks one and all. Sounds like the credit card is about to get some more exercise!

ACTAngler
01-06-2010, 12:28 AM
A quick email to Brendan from S3 Performance and he had organised a set of 3 rotors for me. Great service so far, hopefully the product is as good [^]

timbo
01-06-2010, 11:15 AM
Can you let us know what there like when you get them?

jeffs3
03-06-2010, 08:59 AM
quote:Originally posted by sharky

S3 discs are Chinese discs...I phoned them and asked...I asked about warranty and he got very sheepish....I wanted to know what their policy was if they warped in a couple of months or went all rattly like Timbo's...no answer....

Some of our discs are made in China, and some are made in Taiwan. All our disc are covered by a 24 month warranty against manufacturing defect. That means if there is a fitting issue or performance issue when you fit the discs, we'll fix it. If they warp or rattle after a couple of months, we'll fix them or replace them. If they have issues after 10,000km, the warranty issue is more grey, as we don't know if it was because the discs were damaged on an 'off', so it's harder to give a straight answer on warranty. If they waar out after 50,000km, that's to be expected.

We have been been around since 2004, and have been selling discs since late 2008. We've invested in the product tooling and machinery to ensure the quality, rather than just buy them from a copycat factory or trading house. We now have customers buying sets for their 2nd and 3rd bikes, and we haven't had anyone coming back with complaints about the quality or durability. We are here for the long term, and that means we look after our customers. That is the key difference between us and the Chinese copycats.

sharky
03-06-2010, 09:16 AM
Well why didn't you say that in the first place...that's a fair warranty...;):D

P.S. Drop into the intro section mate...let the world know who you are....

Gitzy
03-06-2010, 09:39 AM
Seriously I can vouch for these rotors for sure, and will be buying a second set very soon for my other bike..

ACTAngler
03-06-2010, 07:19 PM
Mine arrived yesterday and I can't fault the quality or workmanship straight out of the box. I'll hopefully get them fitted up and road tested over the weekend (if it doesn't bloody rain again like last weekend).

timbo
03-06-2010, 07:39 PM
Whats's that i hear? Next months lucky door prize :D;)[8D]

ACTAngler
03-06-2010, 09:00 PM
quote:Originally posted by timbo

Whats's that i hear? Next months lucky door prize :D;)[8D]

I was going to try and sell my old rotors, but hey, why not [:o)];)

robmac
03-06-2010, 09:53 PM
I've got a set of these discs on my Blade too. Can't comment on how good they are as I still haven't ridden it yet :(

ACTAngler
05-06-2010, 11:23 PM
Got the 3 discs fitted up this arvo and went for a quick spin. First impressions were very good. Loads more braking power than the old discs (which were down to their minimum thickness). Look heaps better too, just need to bring the rest of the bike up to scratch!

The brake pads I have at the moment are sintered metal. Hopefully they don't wear the discs too quickly.

jeffs3
07-06-2010, 10:11 AM
quote:Originally posted by ACTAngler

Got the 3 discs fitted up this arvo and went for a quick spin. First impressions were very good. Loads more braking power than the old discs (which were down to their minimum thickness). Look heaps better too, just need to bring the rest of the bike up to scratch!

The brake pads I have at the moment are sintered metal. Hopefully they don't wear the discs too quickly.

We have a lot of riders using sintered metal pads, and they seem to provide the best feel and stopping power. They WILL wear the discs faster, but if it stops your bike faster, that is a small price to pay for better performance and safety.

We have a few riders using our discs for track days and racing, and the feedback from riders who have tried a lot of different pads is that the Goldfrens are the best match so far.

robmac
07-06-2010, 02:01 PM
quote:Originally posted by jeffs3

We have a lot of riders using sintered metal pads, and they seem to provide the best feel and stopping power. They WILL wear the discs faster, but if it stops your bike faster, that is a small price to pay for better performance and safety.

We have a few riders using our discs for track days and racing, and the feedback from riders who have tried a lot of different pads is that the Goldfrens are the best match so far.

Jeff, do you know what cc bikes they are on and what compound of pad they are using? Did a search on goldfrens and there isn't much positive info on them and being so cheap it raises alarm bells. They are 1/3 of the price of ferodo's and whilst cheaper can be good I'm a little wary of being a tight arse with brakes ;)

ACTAngler
07-06-2010, 08:03 PM
I noticed with the 6-piston calipers fitted that the pads only sweep the disc to about 5mm from the edge, both front and rear...

jeffs3
08-06-2010, 09:38 AM
quote:Originally posted by robmac

Jeff, do you know what cc bikes they are on and what compound of pad they are using? Did a search on goldfrens and there isn't much positive info on them and being so cheap it raises alarm bells. They are 1/3 of the price of ferodo's and whilst cheaper can be good I'm a little wary of being a tight arse with brakes ;)

Sorry mate, I don't recall what bike he is riding. I'll try to keep track of what pads are being used on what bikes and post back here. For those of you on ASF using S3 rotors, what pads are you using?

jeffs3
08-06-2010, 09:54 AM

I noticed with the 6-piston calipers fitted that the pads only sweep the disc to about 5mm from the edge, both front and rear...

Are the pads in the 6 piston calipers a different size to the standard pads?

ACTAngler
09-06-2010, 01:28 AM

Are the pads in the 6 piston calipers a different size to the standard pads?

Dunno, they are 6-piston calipers off a (pretty sure) 1993 model 1100 that I picked up on Ebay, on my 1990 1100. I thought the rotors were the same size across the years with the GSXRs.

stu
16-06-2010, 09:35 PM
Ordered a pair of discs and they arrived today. They look the goods, no complaints there. Jeff was an easy guy to talk to and the service was good as well. I'll be using EBC double H pads, so we'll see how they go.

jeffs3
11-01-2011, 04:34 PM
quote:Originally posted by stu

Ordered a pair of discs and they arrived today. They look the goods, no complaints there. Jeff was an easy guy to talk to and the service was good as well. I'll be using EBC double H pads, so we'll see how they go.

Hey Stu, How did the double H pads go?

robmac
12-01-2011, 03:21 PM
Jeff, for info I found the discs really didn't like standard 2005 CBR1000RR pads. Found they left uneven deposits on the discs leaving me with a pulsing lever (whilst the pads had been used before I had cleaned them up pretty well and the pulsing started almost straight away. Cleaned them up again and they did the same thing). Cleaned the discs up again and am now using a pair of Galfer 1370 organic pads that seem to suit the discs alot better, back to having a strong consistent brake thankfully.

scotty
12-01-2011, 03:59 PM

(whilst the pads had been used before
That there will be your problem. unless you mean used before, on those discs, in them calipers...
bit like your chain(change with sprockets) only more so

pesh
12-01-2011, 04:16 PM
They look exactly the same as the ARASHI rotors with a different brand stamped on them .
Which most of the race guys run over here and highly rate

robmac
12-01-2011, 08:57 PM
quote:Originally posted by scotty

(whilst the pads had been used before
That there will be your problem. unless you mean used before, on those discs, in them calipers...
bit like your chain(change with sprockets) only more so
Curious to why you think it would have made a difference?
I've changed various combinations in the past of discs/pads in varying states of use (new and old) and had no problems. I've always cleaned the rotor surface with prepsol (or equiv) and if necessary wet and dry and given the pads a good scouring on rough concrete or similar and had no drama's.

Happy to be educated though if i've missed something ;)

80s freak
14-01-2011, 09:07 PM
Old pads will "settle in" on a new disc but it is while they do this that hot spots can occur on the disc itself. This can cause the pulsing or ultimately uneven wear on the disc. One way to help avoid this problem is to scratch up the disc surface with coarse emery paper. It is recommended that you do this even when just replacing sintered pads as it stops them or the disc "glazing" and will bed them in quicker. The scuff marks will dissappear quickly.

disassembled
03-02-2011, 09:44 PM
I'm running S3 discs on the front of my zx9. They look great, but seem to rust a little more than the OEM discs did. This seems happens on part of the non-friction area of the disc, so it's doesn't get scrubbed off like on the OEM discs. Apart from that i'm very happy with them.

Well... I'm not sure if it's just wave discs in general or mine (never had them before), but maybe they vibrate a little under hard braking. Not bad enough to be an issue though.