PDA

View Full Version : Read to the end

Shadowzone
30-09-2009, 12:23 PM
The last setence of this article cracked me up.

It's worth a read.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/sep/18/jedi-religion-tesco-hood-jones

Fight_fan
30-09-2009, 01:38 PM
HaHaHa Thats a ripper!

Jup
30-09-2009, 06:16 PM
quote:the grocery empire struck back

GOLD!

Iceman
30-09-2009, 06:20 PM
I reckon if he is thinking of legal action he has already drifted to the dark side.

DaveK5
01-10-2009, 05:28 PM
The comments are a crack.

"These aren't the hoods you're looking for.
Move Along."

JackTar
01-10-2009, 06:56 PM
Jedi, seriously what a bunch of fucking losers. It's a fucking movie you flog bags.

Fish
01-10-2009, 08:34 PM
Jedi, scientoligy. all the same really.

Cruisecontrol
01-10-2009, 08:40 PM
quote:Originally posted by JackTar

Jedi, seriously what a bunch of fucking losers. It's a fucking movie you flog bags.

All religions start with a stupid story that some people actually believe is real.

I wonder when the prequels to the bible will be released...

gibbo
01-10-2009, 09:39 PM
quote:Originally posted by Cruisecontrol

All religions start with a stupid story that some people actually believe is real.

There is no prequel, do you not understand the meaning genesis[?][:0]
The first book of the Old Testament; its first words are “In the beginning” (genesis is a Greek word for “beginning”). It covers the time from the beginning of the world through the days of the patriarchs, including the stories of the Creation, Adam and Eve, the Fall of Man, Cain and Abel, Noah and the Flood, God's covenant with Abraham, Abraham and Isaac, Jacob and Esau, and Joseph and his brothers.

-Dex-
02-10-2009, 10:26 AM
I heard that they were going to initially open the old testament with: a long time ago in a galaxy far,far away.... but Moses got the hump and went with "genesis" instead.

JackTar
03-10-2009, 03:32 AM
quote:Originally posted by Cruisecontrol

Perhaps mate but they defenitely did not all start with a science fiction movie created by a person who had no intention of it being a religion and is still around.

I often agree with you Dan but I think you are drawing a long bow on this one mate.

-Dex-
03-10-2009, 06:30 AM
Meh, scientology was started by a science fiction writer. I don't think it's that long a bow.

JackTar
03-10-2009, 02:23 PM
Well of course it isn't that long a bow if you are talking about another religion based on science fiction.

EFE 1230
03-10-2009, 04:11 PM
quote:Originally posted by -Dex-

Meh, scientology was started by a science fiction writer. I don't think it's that long a bow.

and he was a pedophile

and they have tax exempt religious status in the US.

JackTar
03-10-2009, 05:12 PM
quote:Originally posted by EFE 1230

quote:Originally posted by -Dex-

and he was a pedophile

and they have tax exempt religious status in the US.

Sources.

Shadowzone
03-10-2009, 06:12 PM
From Wikipedia:

Scientology is legally recognized as a tax-exempt religion in the United States and some other countries, and the Church of Scientology emphasizes this as proof that it is a bona fide religion. In other countries such as Germany, France and the UK, Scientology does not have comparable religious status.

The closest I culd find on him having young girls and being a pedo was the following statement:

He was attended by "Commodore's Messengers"; teenage girls who performed various tasks for him, such as fixing his shower, dressing him, and catching the ash from his cigarettes.

SO I have no idea if he ws or wasn't but the sources are there.

Oh and Wiki also mentions they had their tax exempt status revked in 1958 but says nothing of it being reinstated or not.

JackTar
03-10-2009, 06:38 PM
I was actualy talking about the pedo stuff, couldn't care less about the tax shit. By the way whilst this information sounds pretty credible I rarely believe anything I read om wikipedia.

Shadowzone
03-10-2009, 07:27 PM
I dont believe any of it.

I also dont care if he was a pedo or wasnt. I dont and never will follow scientology.

Bear
03-10-2009, 09:58 PM
FWIW - The Bible is globaly recognised as a book of historical events. Regardless of the philosophical guidelines and messages it contains, Historians can correlate the events and the periods in our history.

JackTar
03-10-2009, 10:35 PM
What is FWIW?

Shadowzone
04-10-2009, 01:49 AM
FWIW = For What It's Worth.

holyman_999
04-10-2009, 02:36 AM
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV... that is all... ;)

Jup
04-10-2009, 10:03 AM
Me and my imaginary friend are judiciously staying out of this for the time being.