PDA

View Full Version : old air cooled cheepies

Jockney Rebel
26-11-2006, 04:51 PM
im fitting gsx running gear to an old cb 900i want to keep it a twin shock rear end [for reasons only known to me ]so any advice would be greatly rcieved i think ive got the front end sorted but am a bit worried about the ride height ive seen these conversions done before and the old girl sits very low the forks im puttin in are same length as originals its the rear ithink will catch me out

sharky
26-11-2006, 04:54 PM
What length are the new shocks ? Surely if they're the same height .... But first PICS...WE WANT PICS.
As you might have seen I love the ol' skool look...

Gix11
27-11-2006, 01:22 PM
Just for the record Frankenbiker: http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2192

Jockney Rebel
28-11-2006, 12:09 AM
aint got any new shox yet .graham at glh up here is gonna weld the lugs on the swing arm for me ill machine the shims for the frame end and fab up the chain guard out of stainless ive already done a prototype rear end with a truck led tail stop in it . ive got a yoshi can off a cb600r that im going to use [somehow ]and an old boy i know up here is going to re do the seat ...did u see the freddie spencer rep in streetfighters mag a few months ago ? well we want that but black and without the single sider onit and with a little more attitude

Jockney Rebel
29-11-2006, 10:48 PM
that xjr is cream mate luv it b4 i bought the cb i put in abid for a accident damaged xj12but some git beat me to it

sharky
30-11-2006, 06:01 AM
Wasn't one shown on a pallet was it...in Sydney....went for $350 ish...;)

Jockney Rebel
01-12-2006, 05:54 PM
quote:Originally posted by sharky

Wasn't one shown on a pallet was it...in Sydney....went for $350 ish...;)
yeah i thot that was it, bit slow off the mark there[?][?] ,i was,......uv done a pukka job on it
if u do put a bigger lump in it id like first ref on the old one and i dont suppose uv got any shox lyin around ?:D

sharky
01-12-2006, 06:11 PM
I've got the old ones but they're leaking and a bit rusty...ok for a mock up ??

Jockney Rebel
01-12-2006, 10:12 PM
Thanx mate ill take anything
ive got loadsa ideas [due to lack of funds ive got to make alot of stuff as i cant afford the inflated prices for some of the really nice gear thats for sale ] butt. i do have a supply of billet ally and access to mills and lathes so u never know ...any way where i work we rebuild excavator rams etc may be i can get some experience strippin them as well as using them for sizing etc
by the way lookin for an old alien lid or a fooked simson only interested in the front
cheers sharky

Jockney Rebel
01-12-2006, 10:13 PM
oh and a couple of litres of tartan paint.................