PDA

View Full Version : perspective

alfiestorm
25-11-2006, 09:02 AM
High chaps just trying to get my head around things like this .
I will be living in south australia in the northern suburbs of adelaide that is when i get there, what i would like to know is this.
How long would it take to get to exben's shop or to kamakazebusa's paint shop or indeed to the fools run and aussie street fighters shop, seems like a dumb question to some i know as australia is a fuckin big place.
nearly five englands will fit inside the boundry's of south australia alone.
Will i be confined to using the postal services for bike stuff and flying to get to ASF events. I dont know it's all a mystery and an adventure to me.
:)

Zed14
25-11-2006, 09:44 AM
12 hrs to april fools run. 14 to exbens shop. same if kamekaze busas in sydney. melbournes 7hrs away and brisbanes 20hrs away. those are driving straight thru hrs. if you stop for rests it will take a bit longer.

Large
25-11-2006, 09:46 AM
its about 1500k from adelaide to sydney by the direct route.

prolly a bit over 2000 if you go via vic and sample the Great Ocean Road and the coast/mountain roads from vic to syd

Kamakazebusa
25-11-2006, 09:51 AM
It makes for good riding country Alfie, you'll sample some of the best roads in the world getting to me or EXBEN. The highland country (snowy region) and the Grampian mountains (sth australia) are some of the best you'll find. ur in a top spot , don't worry. U just have to take a few weeks off work when u plan to ride here thats all.

Slingblade
25-11-2006, 09:54 AM
Adelaide is a long way from everywhere mate. Its a bloody good long ride from adelaide to sydney, or the east coast for that matter. Its about 14hrs or so from adelaide to sydney depending on your speed.

fimpBIKES
25-11-2006, 10:24 AM
put it into www.whereis.com
itll give u estimated times + distance

BillyWhizz888
25-11-2006, 12:05 PM
At least you can all talk in hours

us fkin Sandgropers are 3 days away from anywhere :D

God
25-11-2006, 03:28 PM
Hey Billy,

Don't forget the 20 years as well...

They still turn the street lights off after 8pm in Perth don't they...

Rocket
25-11-2006, 04:16 PM
What's a street light ?

Large
25-11-2006, 04:25 PM
they don't turn em off...they just let the wick burn out

mrgixxer
25-11-2006, 07:39 PM
Fuck me thats along way.....big country

alfiestorm
25-11-2006, 10:34 PM
And the realy good thing is that there are only about 20 million people there.

They still have men with red flags walking infront of the cars over in perth :D

dazz
27-11-2006, 08:40 AM
quote:Originally posted by fimpBIKES

put it into www.whereis.com
itll give u estimated times + distance

yeah but forget trying to rely on the fucking directions it gives you. I have printed out the directions on 3 occasions now and have ended up lost every time through over complicated directions.

Who gives a shit if the name of the road changes if you are still on the same fucking road:(

dazz
27-11-2006, 08:41 AM
quote:Originally posted by God

Hey Billy,

Don't forget the 20 years as well...

They still turn the street lights off after 8pm in Perth don't they...

and who owns the pub now?:)

Jockney Rebel
28-11-2006, 11:25 PM
alfie ive only bin here 15 months and copped 9 points a bit of advice ...ride on your uk licence as long as legally possible oh and by the way they dont like sarky twats like me either[i asked the last one a perfectly reasonable question and he got the right hump]

Jockney Rebel
28-11-2006, 11:33 PM
you ll have to get yourself up here on the cen coast mate its really fun doin battle with the kids in there 3million cc v8 holden commodes [VAUXHALL CARLTONS]
ONE CAME ROUND OUR STREET THE OTHER WEEK LOST IT IN THE RAIN AND ENDED UP IN THE NEIGHBOURS FRONT GARDEN .
but seriously when i first got here i thot bikes we re illegal or sommat i only saw 2 or 3 and they we re dirt bikes . youll love it me old son. the roads are empty most of the time and in fairly good nick

alfiestorm
28-11-2006, 11:52 PM
Only four months to go
Oh heres a question for you chaps I have a tomtom sat nav one for a car and one for a bike and they will work in Australia the maps for them are on SD cards but the fuckin thieving twats over here want WELL OVER A HUNDRED QUID for a map of australia on SD card for the tomtom sat nav units. Does any one have a tomtom sat nav map of Australia i could ahem borrow a copy of

dazz
29-11-2006, 08:29 AM
quote:Originally posted by frankenbiker

you ll have to get yourself up here on the cen coast mate its really fun doin battle with the kids in there 3million cc v8 holden commodes [VAUXHALL CARLTONS]
ONE CAME ROUND OUR STREET THE OTHER WEEK LOST IT IN THE RAIN AND ENDED UP IN THE NEIGHBOURS FRONT GARDEN .
but seriously when i first got here i thot bikes we re illegal or sommat i only saw 2 or 3 and they we re dirt bikes . youll love it me old son. the roads are empty most of the time and in fairly good nick

Which Cen Coast ya referin too frank? Gosford area?

Jockney Rebel
29-11-2006, 06:24 PM
well... i live down the posh end of the peninsula dontcha know but....yeah woy woy and i love it i reckon if we d moved to Sydney at first id be pissed off i had 34yrs in london dont like cities much too claustrophobic i come from a small coastal town in Scotland guess that makes me a Jockney

Tony Nitrous
29-11-2006, 07:05 PM
quote:Originally posted by frankenbiker

alfie ive only bin here 15 months and copped 9 points a bit of advice ...ride on your uk licence as long as legally possible oh and by the way they dont like sarky twats like me either[i asked the last one a perfectly reasonable question and he got the right hump]

Yeah, you and me both, Its hard to have a licence and a busa.

As a resident your UK licence is only valid for 3 months,
As a Tourist ;) its valid for up to a year (I think?)