PDA

View Full Version : Discriminated against yet again

Shadowzone
16-09-2009, 08:33 AM
http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,26078512-3102,00.html

And the motorcycling groups agree with this? Glad I'm not a member of any of them then cause even though I'm a tea-totaller I thinkthis is a reactionary solution which won't work anyway. The reality is in the majority of cases the motorcyclist isnt the at fault party yet we're the ones being targetted because smart decisions such as Zero for ALL Motorists won't gain the govt any popularity.

Well Fuck You Anna Blight you cunt, introduce REAL consequences for these cage driving fuckers like jail for cleaning up a motorcyclist and being found at fault. Make them have to start looking out for us. That may just lower the road toll. Or just fuck off out of politics altogether and get back in the kitchen where from all the news media hype around your Master Chef Appearance you obviously belong, and let some cunt with half a brain run the state. Oh I forgot there isn't anyone in the Labor Party who fits that bill...

boris
16-09-2009, 08:44 AM
I knew one of those QLD motorbike fatalities as did a couple of other people on here that I know of and he was killed when he hit a fucking big pothole that riders had been complaining about with no result until a nice bloke washed out the front wheel and went under an oncoming car with no alcohol in him now how the fuck is zero alcohol gonna stop that

Booster
16-09-2009, 08:50 AM
United Motorcycle Council of Queensland ??? are they a government appointed group or a motorcyclist lobby group.
A huge part of motorcycle culture is catching up with mates and having a beer together, and while i agree getting pissed and riding is not a good idea and should be discouraged 0 bac is typical knee jerk, under thought out regulations were seeing so much of lately......

Rumbo
16-09-2009, 08:55 AM
That bitch can go get fucked. Its time for a revolution.
That Terry Walker fuckwit can eat shit too.

Large
16-09-2009, 09:03 AM
RFIDs to help prevent speeding?

lol

Fight_fan
16-09-2009, 09:28 AM
A zero limit is total bull shit hey! Fuck knee jerk reactions give me the shits! It seems to be getting to the point where, if these laws are passed, more & more people will give up on bikes... Which I guess works jst fine for them, but would be a gr8 shame!

evilkarl
16-09-2009, 09:30 AM
We can talk about it in a forum all we like and their legislation will pass with ease.
What we need to organise a rally against this bitch and her ideas. After all, who knows motorcyclist better then us motorcyclists.
Who wants to organise a rally ride to parliament in protest to these ideas and to present them with some ideas of our own?

Hillsy
16-09-2009, 09:51 AM
quote:Originally posted by Booster

United Motorcycle Council of Queensland ??? are they a government appointed group or a motorcyclist lobby group.

http://www.umcinc.com.au/page/about.html

Interestingly, they appeared to have been formed as a lobby group against the anti-gang laws. Funny how they would support zero alcohol considering their stance on "rights".

sen
16-09-2009, 11:05 AM
RFID chip i'm fine with.. i've got a few strong magnets lying around ;)

Zero alcohol is fucking RETARDED.. it's an INSULT to adult riders to be treated like kids. A few beers on a friday night, and you're over zero until SUNDAY.. there's no way this will pass. Then again, i've said that about a lot of bullshit that's happened in this country in the last few years.

Shadowzone
16-09-2009, 11:48 AM
quote:Originally posted by evilkarl

We can talk about it in a forum all we like and their legislation will pass with ease.
What we need to organise a rally against this bitch and her ideas. After all, who knows motorcyclist better then us motorcyclists.
Who wants to organise a rally ride to parliament in protest to these ideas and to present them with some ideas of our own?

I'm in. I'll drive the support uterus for the Hardly's LMFAO.

No really I'm in. It's about time we got something like this happening, then maybe that stupid cunt will realise we vote.

evilkarl
16-09-2009, 11:52 AM
Well like anything political, we need to state what we disagree with in full, and have an alternative policy.
No point apposing these ideas if we don't have some answers ourselves, that's is why the opposition is in taters.

I'll organise it, put a site up, lobby up support and help organise a protest bike rally, but I'll need help preferred from someone with half a brain on legal matters.

Shadowzone
16-09-2009, 12:00 PM
What sort of legal matters are you anticipating dramas with?

I'm not too bad at researching if you need help there I have more than enough downtime with work to be able to scour the web searching for stuff. And since I have a vested interest in this (even as a non drinker I feel I should be entitled to the same rights as those who drive cars whilst on my bike) I'm more than happy to help anyway I can.

sen
16-09-2009, 12:26 PM
I'll do what I can as well. A flat zero BAC is fucking ridiculous. To effectively stop us from being able to have a few beers on a friday night, then go for a ride on saturday morning, is WRONG. Even though i'm in NSW, this sort've law spreads.

I want to see statistics on how many motorcycle accidents were due to the rider being drunk.. that'd be a good place to start researching arguments against this bullshit. Also, comparison stats for the amount of people caught drink-riding vs drink-driving, so that if it comes in, it can at least cover car drivers too.. (then you can guarantee a HUUUUGE fight from the cagers, which should get the law kicked out)

scotty
16-09-2009, 01:44 PM
quote:Originally posted by Large

lol
That would be soooo good, I think i'll go line up now so i can get the 1st one.

Shadowzone
16-09-2009, 04:27 PM
quote:Originally posted by scotty

quote:Originally posted by Large

lol
That would be soooo good, I think i'll go line up now so i can get the 1st one.

Yep, it's nothing a roll of alfoil won't fix. Then again open it up, remove the chip, close it up again. How many different ways do you want to tamper with it?

I'll sign up for one IF they provide me with FREE travel on all the toll roads I choose to travel on as a result of participating in their scheme. And I'll be shipping my RFID straight down to the boys in Sydney and Melbourne to run up tolls down there on the State Govt. I mean really all they want is for us to carry an Etag transponder whilst riding. So how do they plan on retrofitting said devices to our bikes? And another question I have is this - If my mate died in June can I register for one in his name and run up the fines on him? After all, he isn't really going to need his demerit points anymore. And who gets the fine - is the device registered to a riders licence or the plate on the bike?

Nope, we need to start fighting the tyrannical oppressive State Government asnd their imbecilic actions otherwise we'll wake up one day and discover that we're living in what amounts to a concentration camp. Qld is already too close to a dictatorship for my liking based on the fact that we don't have a State Senate so the empowered Govt. has almost a free reign to impose whatever they choose at their leisure. And the people wonder why they dictate stupid shit to us continually....

gixkat
16-09-2009, 06:43 PM
I agree this stinks, but you get what you vote for and the Labor party is famous for being a nanny style government I really cant understand how we let these fuckers run our lives, time for a change right across this country, the Labor party is corrupt to the core.

I dont mean to turn this political, but you need to find out the other parties stance on this matter as well, sometimes it's easier to jump into bed with them and use their clout to help your cause.

cheers GK.

336LJ
17-09-2009, 02:10 AM
I wanna fuckin be part of this protest, I dont drink so doesnt affect me but I'm just about fed up with the stupid fucking shit thats being passed as laws around here.

Heres a few things I'd like to choke a PM down to the ground and spit at them.

TAKE THE CHEESE GRATER WIRE FENCES OFF THE HIGHWAYS
MAKE ALL DRIVERS OF ANY VEHICLE TAKE A MOTORCYLE AWARENESS TRAINING COURSE.
LIFE BAN FOR DRINK DRIVING IN/ON ANY VEHICLE.
LIFE BAN FOR TAILGAITING MOTORCYCLISTS/or nominate rider to kick them in the mouth.
LEGALISE LANE SPLITTING
FIX YA FUCKIN SHIT ROADS
BAN MOPEDS FROM ROADS WITH SPEED LIMITS ABOVE 60kph.
BAN GOLD WINGS - THEY ARE GAY!
UTILISE ACTUAL EFFECTIVE POLICING METHODS IN REGARDS TO SPEEDING MOTORISTS.

etc...

Wonder if it will make the news, if everyone announces to everyone else on the other bike forums, clubs etc, that theres a protest organised or something.
I wanna see tear gas people.. TEAR GAS!!

But seriously I'm fucking in. I'l even make up a huge sign on a stick!

suxukifreak
17-09-2009, 05:49 AM
YEAH, I'M IN!!! (if the weather is fine)

boris
17-09-2009, 08:11 AM
I'm in but I'm with suxuki if we're riding to canberra can we do it in summer cos I don't like riding in the cold

Bob
17-09-2009, 09:38 AM
I got my MR license and its Zero. So I reckon if this bitch wants to make it Zero for bike's aswell it should be the same for cars.. 1 law for everyone.

Shadowzone
17-09-2009, 08:08 PM
The Protest will be in Brisbane not Canberra you clowns. Canberra isn't the place the laws are being passed.

Oh and an update on the UCMC supporting the laws being passed -

I sent the following email to them -

Gentlemen, good evening. I have just perused your site and find it interesting that you fight against tyranny and oppression and yet a Mr "Terry Walker" of your group is quoted as saying that your group would support a zero bac for motorcyclists.

I'm a non-drinker, yet I find it insulting that motorcyclists are being targetted when it is a known fact that in around 95% of traffic incidents involving bikes and cars the bike is the not at fault party. So the big question here is this - Has the Curious Whale made up Mr Walker and your support or are you really supporting something which is in essence discriminatory towards the group you claim to be fighting for?

I think it would be well worth checking out the numbers of Car Drivers involved in traffic incidents who registered a bac of more than zero vs. the numbers of motorcyclists and then bring these into a percentage. I think you'll find that the car drivers far outweigh the riders, and there is the crux of the argument which needs to be brought to bear before the Politicians.

I look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Stuart Milne.

Ps: you can view the article here in case you haven't already seen it : http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,26078512-3102,00.html

And they were nice enough to send me the following reply -

stuart
we agree totally the arguement put forward to support this type of thinking is flawed from man y angles terry walker was misquoted and had his responses to another question regarding alcohol taken out of context as you would be well aware this is a plor often used by many journalists it is unfortunate that his interview which was quite lengthy was not recorded so we could bring to light this very deliberate action by the media
thanks for your thoughts and observations
mark

And they even sent me this link -

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/09/16/2687786.htm

So once again the mainstream media is full of shit in regards to their reporting. Am I surprised? Nope. Another minority road using group to hammer. The difference is they left the evil truckies out of it this time...

thepj
17-09-2009, 08:17 PM
hmmm need to come up with a way to hammer the media.

Shadowzone
17-09-2009, 08:41 PM
quote:Originally posted by thepj

hmmm need to come up with a way to hammer the media.

Do as Govt. Departments do and issue press releases. Also issue them solely on the website EvilKarl is going to build allowing them access to them on the conditon they only reproduce them in their entirety and not just use adhoc lines from them at their leisure.

TurboKat
17-09-2009, 09:48 PM
I've always thought the best way to make car drivers more aware of motorcyclists is to issue all riders with handguns.

sen
17-09-2009, 10:02 PM
Mainstream media is a bloody joke, the way they can misconstrue what people say and get away with it. They KNOW they can get away with it too.. they basically have a free license to make shit up and declare it fact, and tehre's nothing anyone can do about it.

BANDITROD
17-09-2009, 10:07 PM
quote:Originally posted by TurboKat

I've always thought the best way to make car drivers more aware of motorcyclists is to issue all riders with handguns.
yeah like the one's shaped like shotguns we have down here lol

336LJ
18-09-2009, 01:01 AM
quote:Originally posted by Shadowzone

The Protest will be in Brisbane not Canberra you clowns. Canberra isn't the place the laws are being passed.

Oh and an update on the UCMC supporting the laws being passed -

I sent the following email to them -

Gentlemen, good evening. I have just perused your site and find it interesting that you fight against tyranny and oppression and yet a Mr "Terry Walker" of your group is quoted as saying that your group would support a zero bac for motorcyclists.

I'm a non-drinker, yet I find it insulting that motorcyclists are being targetted when it is a known fact that in around 95% of traffic incidents involving bikes and cars the bike is the not at fault party. So the big question here is this - Has the Curious Whale made up Mr Walker and your support or are you really supporting something which is in essence discriminatory towards the group you claim to be fighting for?

I think it would be well worth checking out the numbers of Car Drivers involved in traffic incidents who registered a bac of more than zero vs. the numbers of motorcyclists and then bring these into a percentage. I think you'll find that the car drivers far outweigh the riders, and there is the crux of the argument which needs to be brought to bear before the Politicians.

I look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Stuart Milne.

Ps: you can view the article here in case you haven't already seen it : http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,26078512-3102,00.html

And they were nice enough to send me the following reply -

stuart
we agree totally the arguement put forward to support this type of thinking is flawed from man y angles terry walker was misquoted and had his responses to another question regarding alcohol taken out of context as you would be well aware this is a plor often used by many journalists it is unfortunate that his interview which was quite lengthy was not recorded so we could bring to light this very deliberate action by the media
thanks for your thoughts and observations
mark

And they even sent me this link -

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/09/16/2687786.htm

So once again the mainstream media is full of shit in regards to their reporting. Am I surprised? Nope. Another minority road using group to hammer. The difference is they left the evil truckies out of it this time...

Nice work - and with a response like that I'm assuming we'll see Mr Terry Walker and his cronies all out in the front row at the protest, looking for answers??[8D]

Shadowzone
18-09-2009, 05:19 AM
Might as well invite them and use their resources to get more riders there I reckon. If we can shut down the CBD even for a couple of hours and preferably shut down the main roads through brisbane by riding in along all the major arterial roads at 20km/hr during the morning peak hour it will get our point noticed. Sure we'll piss off the cage runners but we'll get noticed.

1 point to note though is if we plan on doing that which I feel is well worth it, an email or fax notification to the major transport players would allow them to schedule their vehicles to be on alternate routes for the duration of the gridlock we cause. Really though Shutting down Brisbanes major arterials wouldn't be overly hard, they're all shithouse and it takes sweet F.A. to throw them into turmoil. Departure points such as the BP at caboolture, Blacksoil, Logan Hyperhole and having half the riders from Blacksoil and Caboolture split to shut off the Logan Motorway (even just slowing that down to 60km/hr would shaft it completely) and Gympie Road with everyone meeting in the city at parliament house. No need to play around with the Centenary Motorway that will go to hell as a natural result of everyone trying to get on it to get off Ipswich Road.

A nice long couple of hour slow ride whch will definitely get the point acroos followed by a nice vocal protest and presentation of a petition to our elected officials shoudl be a nice start.

It will definitely get us noticed.

scotty mac
18-09-2009, 08:25 AM
you guys are legends!!

if i were in brissy still i'd be there for sure!!

The crow
18-09-2009, 11:30 AM
Isn't this also discrimination if the are only foccusing on a minority, i mean it looks like our dark skined friends a haveing more rights than us and all we do is ride a bike not demand that we want this and that due to some thousand year old voodoo curse put on it by some witchdoctor. Am all for this and will support were i can. have contacts in other groups to spread the word. Solveing the lanesplitting thing, i find a boot to the mirror or doorpanels seems to fix that. I also now someone who can let things slip to the media. Go hard boys.

OZ750L
18-09-2009, 01:55 PM
just my 2 cents worth......

I have my doubts it is driven exclusively by the road toll ..... I feel it comes back to dollars.

Look at everything that bitch Blight has been doing. It's predominantly aimed at revenue raising. With zero alcohol for motorcyclists, check out if they have a proposed fine and ban structure. My guess would be that the fines will be increased. Look at what she's done lately, 33% increase in fines across the board and %17 increase in rego (near %30 when you factor out 3rd party). Currently she's pushing for a further rego hike. There is a link to the petition against this somewhere in this section.

Maybe a petition against the zero BAC might be an idea in conjunction with ride?

What really shits me about the road toll in relation to bikes are a few things. Firstly that they group all bikes together including those hunks of shit scooters that people are riding. Then when you look at the crash reports like those on the MATES site, there are no considerations of the contributing factors just collision or lost control. Even the QLD Transport reports don't go into detail. Ok, I understand that they can't put up every detail but even when the investigation team examines the crash site, they cannot be absolutely certain to the cause of the crash every time. Some are cut and dried but when they aren't, the assessment is to the most LIKELY cause of the crash. Loss of control or excessive speed may not be the real reason but unless there are witnesses, how do you know. The marks and evidence at the scene are not 100% conclusive 100% of the time. They don't account for situations where the rider has had to take evasive action due to a car that might have been in the wrong or contributed to the accident in some way without being involved. We have all either seen or been involved in situations like that. Proving it happened that way is the hard part as unless there are skid marks on the scene or witnesses, who knows. The dead rider certainly can't tell you.

Now, with the BAC they have identified as a contributing factor to accidents. Is this that the rider had an excessive BAC or the excessive BAC was that of the car driver involved in the accident? I had a bingle back in '95 and they never tested me or the car driver even though he reeked of beer. Makes me wonder, in how many of these fatalities do they actually test everyone involved at the scene? I know they are supposed to but who's checking on them? Same same where drugs are involved.

Also, without being racist etc, what about all the tourists, immigrants and suchlike on the roads these days. FFS, why should people be able to have an inteperter to help them with doing their written licence test when all the signage on the roads is in English? Go overseas and see what treatment you get. Most of them and quite a high proportion of locals, drive around without a clue. You see people driving along on mobiles, putting on make-up, arguing with kids, having dogs on their laps and such, changing lanes without signalling, bopping to the doof doof or doing anything and everything except looking where they are driving or paying attention to everything around them. Yet the cops ignore them and target someone 10km above the speed limit or splitting lanes to get away from the idiots.

Don't even get me started on the condition of roads in Queensland and the fact that the between the Blight and Campbell "No-Clue Man" Newman, we are all being butt raped to pay for their great projects like the 2nd gateway and the Clem7 tunnel. Neither of these address the crap road infrastructure for the road system in the south east or the generally crap roads throughout the rest of the state. Anyone been up through Gympie lately? 40km of 90km/h limit on a national highway? This was in response to a spate of around 6 or 7 fatalities on the section in the space of a couple of months. At one stage they actually had cops on the road slowing traffic down in one area of it. Have a look at the road itself. It's that new hotmix that they have been using which is a low noise surface. The downside is it doesn't drain water off well and is leathal in the wet or is there is an oil spill on it. Main roads will never admit to using the wrong surface as they would be crippled with the court cases. The same mix gets used around other areas and in the wet, throws up a huge amount of water spray in the wet.

I also agree that those cheese grated barriers should be fucked off and single rail armco should all have a lower rail installed.

Found a couple of things of interest.

http://www.mates.org.au/2009/08/06/motorcycle-road-toll-update/
https://www.webcrash.transport.qld.gov.au/webcrash2/external/daupage/weekly/roadsense.pdf
http://scootercommunity.com.au/forums/p/11957/79949.aspx
http://www.carrsq.qut.edu.au/publications/documents/motorcycle_safety_fs.pdf

OK. End of my rant and feel a bit better now I've vented my spleen. Probably won't change fuck all though.

336LJ
18-09-2009, 08:24 PM
okay - I'm in with the rolling blockade, or just crowd the shit out of somewhere. cause I like upsetting cunts.
BUT.
If theres going to be any protest involving bikes holding up traffic, it cannot be done without some cars/trucks blocking the last row.
I can guarantee some fuck head will plow through the back of the pack and kill a bunch of people.
I'v got my "might explode" ute that I really don't care if someone runs into with a truck repeatedly
chuck a big sign on the back of it too. should nick one of those roadworks ones on the trailers n haxx0rz it to say naughty things.!!

But seriously. I'v got a whole bunch of ppl worked up, some don't even have bikes n they wanna pitch in if they can (work permitting)
wherever, whenever, I'm in. Also expect that because this is able to be read by anyone they will know its coming.

suzifreak
21-09-2009, 07:42 AM
What I dont get is the way these fucking journalists report shit without any form of fact,ie: "more motorcyclist are dying on our roads"is a typical fuckwit statment done by these cocksuckers.......wtf is with that????a simple statistic check on how many bikes where sold in that month,year or fuckin decade will give you an idea why the death road toll is up.More bikes on the road equates to a probable increase in accidents and possibly fatalitys and on that note let us not forget the super boomers(no disrespect),mid life crisis recepients who used to ride a bike in 1980 and still think that things have not changed since than so now they decided to go out and buy a Busa or similar.These and 75% of all scooter riders have been found to boost up the accident rate either by purchasing these high powered bikes that they cant handle or by inexperienced fuckwits who jumped on a scooter cause their liscence allowed them to.In alot of the cases they end up on the organ donor list.Sad but true!!!
I would love for us to send a message to this dick eating,anal lovin premier.If this protest is being done I will glady hire a truck or 2 at my expense to cover the back of the rally.A few friends who worked with me in the middle east are willing to spot drop any of the fuckers who come too close.......tooo violent??????just a tought,maybe not;)

Shadowzone
21-09-2009, 08:13 AM
quote:Originally posted by suzifreakdick eating,anal lovin premier.

Nothing more need be said. Well except common sense needs to prevail and alas our elected officials seem to be missing it...