PDA

View Full Version : Police "safety" blitz at Mt Glorious today...

suxukifreak
13-09-2009, 02:07 PM
Cop came over and advised me about my cut-off rear guard and mates rego roll holder....

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1252844139.jpg

Jay_G
13-09-2009, 02:28 PM
"advised" as in you volunteered a donation to the Qld Gumbyment? or as in "i could fine you for that but as i am a good bloke i won't... this time"

EFE 1230
13-09-2009, 02:38 PM
Isn't it heartwarming that they are so concerned about how safe you are!

I hope they were just as concerned about all the other vehicles on the same stretch of road that they checked all the passing trucks and cars too!

suxukifreak
13-09-2009, 02:49 PM
Today they were playing nice cop and told me to add a bit to my rear guard,
and i asked him about lane splitting and its classed as "not staying in your lane",
and i said what if you use your indicator and he laughed.

sharky
13-09-2009, 04:18 PM
And there was me thinking Stu had sold us all nice legal rego holders.....

Rocket
13-09-2009, 05:55 PM
Lane splitting over here is legal if you do it right Des, I'd be looking at the legislation rather than what some copper says.
They usually know fuck all and just make shit up anyway.

suxukifreak
13-09-2009, 06:38 PM
quote:Originally posted by Rocket

Lane splitting over here is legal if you do it right Des, I'd be looking at the legislation rather than what some copper says.
They usually know fuck all and just make shit up anyway.

Over here on the Western Fwy, they do a blitz every now and then and get them by the dozen.

thepj
13-09-2009, 10:10 PM
well i guess just have to lane split faster its only illegal if ya get caught.

HOS
13-09-2009, 10:15 PM
........and of course as we all know those slightly shorter than stock rear mudgaurds are such a major road safety issue worthy of the filths attention.

Same in England mate, we have been putting up with that shit for years ! ;)

No one takes any fuckin notice of the sadacts, we all still carry on as usual. [:p][:p][:p]

RED ZX
14-09-2009, 09:23 AM
I saw you there, and saw the cops having a chat to you. As soon as I saw him pointing to your bike I knew it was the fender. I wold have come and said hello, but I was halfway through lunch.

At least on their little display thingy, there was a note say that it a fact that most multi-vehicle accidents involving bikes, are caused by the other vehicle.

pt
14-09-2009, 10:53 AM
i can't even think of a reason why either of those things would affect safety. funny that. maybe he was talking about the safety of the money in your bank account?

Hillsy
14-09-2009, 11:59 AM
Well the mudguard is pretty obvious (so you don't thow shit up on oncoming vehicles), but the rego holder is a strange one....

Shadowzone
15-09-2009, 06:33 AM
No the rego label holder is foer their safety cause it may make it dangerous for them while their crouched down trying to read it with the big bad biker behind them unchecked...

sharky
16-09-2009, 04:03 PM
Ok...
So I have emailed Qld police...and they sent me to Qld Transport.
Very helpful bloke there...
We went through it and the clear plastic tubes that revolve are illegal as they cannot see the whole label in one go...they have to physically turn the tube...great effort involved obviously....
There is however no actual mention of them in the
'Transport Operations (Road Use Management—Vehicle Registration) Regulation 1999'

http://www.legislation.qld.gov.au/LEGISLTN/CURRENT/T/TrantOpRUVRR99.pdf

Division 5 Registration labels

33 Position for attaching registration label. . . . . . . . . 39

Shadowzone
16-09-2009, 04:59 PM
Here is the relevant info on label holders:

33 Position for attaching registration label
(1) The registered operator of a vehicle must attach the vehicle’s
registration label to the vehicle—
(a) so as to be clearly visible from outside the vehicle; and
(b) in a way complying with subsections (2) to (6).
Maximum penalty—6 penalty units.
(2) If the vehicle is a motorbike, the label must be placed in a
holder attached to the motorbike on the left-hand side or rear
of the motorbike.

It states in Section 1 (A) that it must be clearly visible from the outside of the vehicle then in Section 2 on bikes it must be placed in a holder. I guess the illegality comes about from it not being "clearly visible" (meaning the whole label at once)if it's in a roll holder. However as long as it is attached to the bike in a fashion which highlights it and makes it clearly visible (meaning easy to see) I would argue that the law is ambiguous in relation to this and you have complied with it if it is in a holder which is easy to see and attached to the left-hand side or Rear of the bike.

sharky
16-09-2009, 05:38 PM
The bloke agreed with me on that point...also that by the time they put on the blues they have already done a full check on the bike and the reg owner.

suxukifreak
17-09-2009, 08:05 PM
Got caught in peak hour traffic today on the Gateway and 2 cars ahead of me in my lane was a bike cop.
Do you think this cop was goin to lane split.... nnooooooo!!!
What usually takes me 10 mins to get home took 30 mins cause this cop was happy sitting in stop-start traffic. :(

hotmilk
21-09-2009, 08:53 PM
quote:Originally posted by suxukifreak

Got caught in peak hour traffic today on the Gateway and 2 cars ahead of me in my lane was a bike cop.
Do you think this cop was goin to lane split.... nnooooooo!!!
What usually takes me 10 mins to get home took 30 mins cause this cop was happy sitting in stop-start traffic. :(

Got a mate down here who got pulled over for riding in the emergency lane in bumper to bumper traffic on the fwy by a bike cop. He told him, next time just split lanes.... we cant/arent allowed to lane split. I wonder if its the same up there? who wants to be the first to try it out :P

serious groper
28-09-2009, 11:24 AM
Got done for splitting in Sydney. $141 and 2 points. Got a warning for having a tube rego holder which was mounted behind the numberplate.

DiscoDan
28-09-2009, 02:09 PM
quote:Originally posted by serious groper

Got done for splitting in Sydney. $141 and 2 points. Got a warning for having a tube rego holder which was mounted behind the numberplate.

Was that 'behind' as in mounted on the unpainted side or still visible from the back?