PDA

View Full Version : Tilt tray - towies?

336LJ
07-09-2009, 07:43 PM
Is it a shit job? I wouldnt mind doin it I heard the pay is pretty good. and I like the idea of pickin up all kinds of free shit for scrap or smash to pieces in my spare time.
I'd really be keen to offer some kind of no bullshit car/bike interstate transport also if it came to it actually get peoples gear transported in one piece, a guy round here does it and gets shit loads, but he's a bit of a rough cunt, mate of mine had his brand new car roll off the back of the truck after it broke down, and they tried to cover it up.

another mate was talkin to an RACQ driver and he kind of works for them but gets a % of the cost of the tow. reckons it aint bad, especially in shit weather wen all the retards run off the road and u get more of a cut.

also - trucks are fucking expensive!! so I'd want to be sure I'd be able to make money to pay back some kind of business loan.

Sick of workin for some fuck makin them rich. But trying to get an idea on the rego, insurances, upkeep, and general shitness of the work.

if anyone has any idea that would be good.

JackTar
07-09-2009, 07:48 PM
I know you need to be good with your fists cause those cunts are going the knuck with each other all the time.

336LJ
07-09-2009, 07:50 PM
quote:Originally posted by JackTar

I know you need to be good with your fists cause those cunts are going the knuck with each other all the time.

yeah that was another thing i was wondering about

BANDITROD
07-09-2009, 08:18 PM
why worry about fists you have a gun licience dont ya

Cruisecontrol
07-09-2009, 08:25 PM
Bottom feeders.
If you enjoy making a buck out of other peoples misery, give it a go.

Jockney Rebel
07-09-2009, 08:39 PM
..be prepared to be skint for at least a year..and have enough for your first set of tyres and any hoses that go [about 5k]=[unless your planning to sub to someone else, which is the same as working for them really without the fringe benefits] be lucky

336LJ
07-09-2009, 09:05 PM
quote:Originally posted by BANDITROD

why worry about fists you have a gun licience dont ya

aha been fucking around moving so I still havnt got the thing sent off.
fuckin 12gauge has been sitting in the shop for months waiting to be picked up!
I'll just use cheats, haxx0r teh dragon

336LJ
07-09-2009, 09:08 PM
quote:Originally posted by Jockney Rebel

..be prepared to be skint for at least a year..and have enough for your first set of tyres and any hoses that go [about 5k]=[unless your planning to sub to someone else, which is the same as working for them really without the fringe benefits] be lucky

is this why they always look like such unshowered homeless drunks?

Jay_G
07-09-2009, 10:21 PM
first you need to get forearm extensions so your knuckles drag along the ground and then you need to learn how to anally rape people with no lube on the cost of towing the car 20 km.

Jockney Rebel
07-09-2009, 11:03 PM
..get a van do bike recovery / transport and fuck the towies

ej03
08-09-2009, 05:34 AM
Towies have to be hard cunt's. Use to deal with some down in Melbourne and once you get them talking they will tell you about the accidents, washing the blood of the deck etc. Some of it isn't pretty work. Now i deal with the Guys that tow the big stuff, B doubles etc Nice bunch of blokes. If you want some idears of costs let me know, work out your budget then add 30/50% to get started.
Good working for yourself, don't disregard being a Subbie as it's a good way to get into the indrustry and they provide the work......

boris
08-09-2009, 08:19 AM
there's no more blues over tows around here and I thought everywhere had been zoned I used to drive 1 about 7-8 years ago and it was like what you guys say races and blues to get the tow but then the industry said righto this tow truck gets this are and this 1 this area and so on so no more racing to beat each other literally and as far as rego I'm not sure about Qld but TT plates here are big dollars I agree with whoever said do bike retrievals get a van ot dyna or something

336LJ
08-09-2009, 01:29 PM

..get a van do bike recovery / transport and fuck the towies

I was just thinking that this morning, I'm ressurecting the L300.
Thats more my idea of a job, cause I know what its like to have someone fucking drop ur shit when uv entrusted it to them.
I was talkin to a guy at the local bike shop, suzuki dealer. someone they know drives up and goes "hey do u guys use [insert local transport company] for ur new bikes?
He says yeah whys that
"oh well I just watched them tip a huge box with Suzuki writtin all over it off the side of the truck"
Brand new GSXR!
Freight companies, especially star trak, and all the big name time is money groups are a bunch of retarded cunts.

336LJ
08-09-2009, 01:32 PM
quote:Originally posted by ej03

Towies have to be hard cunt's. Use to deal with some down in Melbourne and once you get them talking they will tell you about the accidents, washing the blood of the deck etc. Some of it isn't pretty work. Now i deal with the Guys that tow the big stuff, B doubles etc Nice bunch of blokes. If you want some idears of costs let me know, work out your budget then add 30/50% to get started.
Good working for yourself, don't disregard being a Subbie as it's a good way to get into the indrustry and they provide the work......

yeah Thats kind of a scene I'm probably not keen on seeing very often. Would have to go get the licences too!
are you in that area of work?

Weaselman
08-09-2009, 06:23 PM
getting a licence is hard as nowadays
Try and get a job with a company that has a few trucks and a contract with NRMA or RACQ as they have the regular work

Jockney Rebel
08-09-2009, 07:20 PM
I was just thinking that this morning, I'm ressurecting the L300.
Thats more my idea of a job, cause I know what its like to have someone fucking drop ur shit when uv entrusted it to them.
I was talkin to a guy at the local bike shop, suzuki dealer. someone they know drives up and goes "hey do u guys use [insert local transport company] for ur new bikes?
He says yeah whys that
"oh well I just watched them tip a huge box with Suzuki writtin all over it off the side of the truck"
Brand new GSXR!
Freight companies, especially star trak, and all the big name time is money groups are a bunch of retarded cunts.

[/quote]..and i cant them to use us ..also theyre cutting each others throats at the moment hers some prices the dealers are paying to get your new bike to their shops mel . vic to central coast ..honda $0 yes fuk all,yamaha $60, Triumph $150 how theyre making any money is bulk and speed it explains why theyre not exactly careful

Shadowzone
08-09-2009, 10:43 PM
Dude if you really want a job as a Towie go and see Ready. They're always chasing staff, they pay you wages and so you are an employee with entitlements, they pay for the truck and they'll provide you with the training you need to get kicked off.

You can basically decide from there if it's the gig for you or not without any real risk and after a while you can look at subbying to them if you enjoy it.

336LJ
09-09-2009, 01:24 AM
..and i cant them to use us ..also theyre cutting each others throats at the moment hers some prices the dealers are paying to get your new bike to their shops mel . vic to central coast ..honda $0 yes fuk all,yamaha $60, Triumph $150 how theyre making any money is bulk and speed it explains why theyre not exactly careful

yeah true about that, fit as much shit in as you can, get there in a hurry but we didn't tell u to speed.

Jockney Rebel
09-09-2009, 07:13 PM
if your serious try working for a towie first [youll need a towing licence down here its about 150bucks and simple test ] then youll make contacts and get an idea of what your letting yourself in for ..and costs etc