PDA

View Full Version : Spark Plug Tech Question.

20-11-2006, 06:04 PM
So i took the old girl for her 1st run since April fools yesterday, only to find cylinder 4 had shit a plug. Dropped all 4 plugs when i got home and confirmed it.
Went to 4 different bike shops this arvo and not 1 of them had a JR9B in stock.My manual says i can use a JR9B or JR10B.the NGK book says i can use a J9A (which the manual says is for a slabbie motor). and 1 guru said i can use a DR9B as the cross reference for irridium plugs is the same (i dont want irridium)and the D series is the same size as the J series.
so... can anyone confirm this for me,as im now totally head fucked from part numbers.
FUCK ME...all i want is 4 FUCKING SPARK PLUGS.:(

20-11-2006, 06:58 PM
[8D][8D][8D]coils u will get 2mora;)[8D]run j9a`s(more exposed jigga) or ngk 27etx-r[8D]my adv. j9a`s:D[8D]

TurboKat
20-11-2006, 07:36 PM
I've got 4 brand spanking new JR9Bs here Young David, I bought 'em for a GSXR 11 I was looking at purchasing (what the fuck was I thinking???:() that turned out to be a heap of steaming shit (aren't they all ;)) You may have them free of charge.
PM me your address & I'll stick 'em in the post for ya tomorrow.

20-11-2006, 08:29 PM
HEY puss:)[?]K.H.I stands for wot[?]
How ya bin mate[8D]afta the last fools` run & viewn` ya tyres i gave the 'race-tec'`s a go:D;)more ya go tha more ya get[8D]

Large
20-11-2006, 08:51 PM
*Large pokes his head in...gets confuzzled and leaves the thread.

gibbo
20-11-2006, 08:59 PM
Im' you wit Lgare% down

TurboKat
20-11-2006, 09:15 PM
quote:Originally posted by mad mundy

HEY puss:)[?]K.H.I stands for wot[?]
How ya bin mate[8D]afta the last fools` run & viewn` ya tyres i gave the 'race-tec'`s a go:D;)more ya go tha more ya get[8D]

That'd be KAWASAKI HEAVY INDUSTRIES Mundy, makers of all things good & wholesome. ;)
Which tyres did ya go with mate? The Bridgy BT 002Rs I had on the Fools gripped like motherfuckers but wore insanely quick, try the Dunlop 208/9 RRs or GPs, much more triangular profile (feel ultra stable when you're cranked right over) same grip & wear heaps better. FWIW, I've got Michy Pilot Races on my roadbike ATM & I just can't get my head around the fuckers, they're squirmy bastards & they always feel like they're about to let go - no fun [V]

21-11-2006, 07:20 AM
went for metzler race-tec`s:Dnearly as good as a slick had the things sliding at 45% last week(both ends)totally predictable[8D]compounds you can choose its` the evovled rennsport;)
Sorry Davo did that answer ya question about go bolts?

Chris41
21-11-2006, 07:51 AM
quote:FWIW, I've got Michy Pilot Races on my roadbike ATM & I just can't get my head around the fuckers, they're squirmy bastards & they always feel like they're about to let go - no fun
Chuck the Pilot races, two of us on forgotten era CB11s had them when they came out and threw them after one meet ( and you know that doesnt make a poor racer happy) once warm they have good feel at moderate speed but as soon as you push hard the feeling goes away.
Chris