PDA

View Full Version : 2 baffle or not 2 baffle

Fizzgigg
01-09-2009, 06:19 PM
hey guyz, i just purchased a yoshi rs3 4 my bike n it sounds hott as :D but im tempted 2 take off the baffle n make it louder, only somebody said not 2 coz it will damage the pipe in no time :(, any 1 been here b4 me???

timbo
01-09-2009, 06:58 PM
How?

Fish
01-09-2009, 07:03 PM
I have rs3 on the bandit, if by "damage the pipe" he means "make the pipe awesome" then he's right. the only thing you really need to worry about is anal coppers, I've been pulled over by 3 coppers on the bandit wich had the baffle out after day 3 and none have mentioned it. I actually don't know where the baffle is anymore. Take it out, you will not regret it.

Fizzgigg
01-09-2009, 07:09 PM
quote:Originally posted by timbo

How?

there r 2 allan key screws 2 undo just on the inside of the pipe, real easy 2 do

timbo
01-09-2009, 07:13 PM
I think you miss understood.I meant how will it damage the pipe?

Fizzgigg
01-09-2009, 07:27 PM
quote:Originally posted by timbo

I think you miss understood.I meant how will it damage the pipe?

ohhhh i c, umm yeh apparently cuz it might change the back pressure in the pipe n cause it 2 back fire damaging the exhaust?? the repairer said there where flames comin out the back when baffle was off ;)

gixkat
01-09-2009, 07:49 PM
FLAMES[:p] mate all the more reason to do it ! actually it's dark right now go out and do it, you will see the flames better that way;)

anyway dealers always say shit like that coz they are stuck in a world of conformity, doing exactly as the factory and law makers tell them.

BANDITROD
01-09-2009, 08:40 PM
mate i reckon this sounds like a case of a jelous mate cos he doesnt want your bike to be more awsome than his ....doit and i betcha you will throw the baffle in the bin after you hear it

Fizzgigg
01-09-2009, 09:06 PM
well then thats settled, i guess its not 2 baffle, sweet ill take it out n post back here later, thanx 4 the advice, in the meantime if any1 else has input please add it ;)

yoda
01-09-2009, 09:27 PM
piss it off, flames are wicked!
baffles are gay, flames are cool!
Noise is good, flames are more good!

Need anything else?! Glad i could help!

timbo
01-09-2009, 09:36 PM
quote:Originally posted by yoda

piss it off, flames are wicked!
baffles are gay, flames are cool!
Noise is good, flames are more good!

Need anything else?! Glad i could help!

couldn't have put it better myself. so is the baffle out yet?

watkins
01-09-2009, 10:15 PM
should make a quick video of what the sounds like without the baffles then put em in and put on the web youtube or something

Fizzgigg
01-09-2009, 10:44 PM
yeh might do that hey but will put the video on here, will b interesting 2 hear the differnce

oldskool
01-09-2009, 10:52 PM
Baffels are for fags and scearedy catz

Fizzgigg
03-09-2009, 05:20 PM
holy shit!!! baffle is out & my god does it sound good!! its a real head turner, cheers boyz

timbo
04-09-2009, 09:49 AM
And to think you had your doubts

Jay_G
04-09-2009, 10:33 PM
quote:Originally posted by Fizzgigg

hey guyz, i just purchased a yoshi rs3 4 my bike n it sounds hott as :D but im tempted 2 take off the baffle n make it louder, only somebody said not 2 coz it will damage the pipe in no time :(, any 1 been here b4 me???

http://www.demotivateus.com/posters/english-do-you-speak-it-demotivational-poster.jpg

dude lay off the sms speak.

good work with pulling the baffle out.

sag78
04-09-2009, 11:18 PM
ive got a carbon laser can on my 92 slingshot, nice and loud and about to cut about 100mm to turn it into a shorty and as they say loud pipes save lives and scare old people

Fizzgigg
06-09-2009, 09:50 PM
quote:Originally posted by Jay_G

quote:Originally posted by Fizzgigg

http://www.demotivateus.com/posters/english-do-you-speak-it-demotivational-poster.jpg

dude lay off the sms speak.

good work with pulling the baffle out.

lol, uhh yeah sorry im just used to writing that way because it's quick and easy, how was that? better? and no i am not going to write "lol" [:p]
p.s the pipe back fires like crazy now.....is this a good thing?
puff puff....all this spelling whole words is wearing me out :D

n4th4n
08-09-2009, 10:31 PM
i ahve a Suzi gsf 250.. only a lil one! well i pulled the guts out of the stock exhaust yesterday, then reinstalled the baffle minus a few pieces.. pretty much a straight thru pipe now. it sounds wicked, but ive been told that i need to re-tune the carbs now. any idea guys..?

yoda
09-09-2009, 07:27 AM
it'll run lean with less restriction, you may have to richen it up a bit

oh, and fizzgigg, it may be a sign the world is about to end, or it could be ok.. as long as it shoots flames it'll probably be ok tho!

TurboKat
09-09-2009, 10:03 AM
Generally speaking, if your bike is backfiring or popping on the overrun it means the pilot circuit is lean & most likely the needle & mainjet need richening up a bit as well.
If you've gutted a stock can or replaced it with a straight through then it's time to pull the carbs off & rejet, lean mixtures are great for fuel economy but the downside is that combustion chamber temps rise & can melt pistons (you might not hear it pinging over the new louder exhaust)
If you can increase inlet airflow/decrease airbox restriction, to take advantage of the extra exhaust flow while you've got the carbs off, you'll pick up a fair bit more topend power as well.

n4th4n
09-09-2009, 07:06 PM
awesome.. thanks for that!! ive had a look around for an off the shelf jet kit for the gsf 250 but im not having much luck there. I intend to whack some pods on it while im @ it anyhow, so may as well finish the job. Any suggestions/recommendations as to where i might find jets? I live in brisbane, too......................

Fizzgigg
11-09-2009, 10:08 AM
next stop, carb tickle station choo choo :D
cheerz boyz ;)

gsxrdan1
04-10-2009, 09:20 AM
Ahhh, so no baffle equals flames?! now I know why the ex race can given to me by a mate and stuck on the end of the hindle system belches a little (and lights up my life!) Guess I need another can to pass rego!!!

Ross_247
04-10-2009, 09:36 AM
yea take her out for sure..

mine was a cunt cause i had to drill all the rivets out to get to the baffle the prix, but after a day of fuking around it was worth it !

watkins
04-10-2009, 04:39 PM
why isnt there flames behind my trumpet... i took the baffles outta that!!!!!! and its still fuckin quiet!!!!!!
never take a salescocks word for something LOUD

gsxrdan1
06-10-2009, 02:53 AM
For LOUD you need the hotdog - I had a straight thru 12 inch thing off a Harley welded to the 4-1 on my old gs650 'katana', i laughed thru shame at riding it... used to start work at 1am, and made a habit of riding away from home with my boot blocking the pipe! Still cant figure why police NEVER pulled me up for it (and they were around) in retrospect, perhaps they were too busy laughing at the Kat 1100 fairing I had perched on the front...