PDA

View Full Version : Its good to have mates .....

HOS
29-08-2009, 04:51 AM
I`ve been so busy with getting my new business up and running this year, including:

Completing my Portofilio of Evidence (Course work)for my Diploma.
Awaiting external verification.
Applying for professional accreditation.
Sorting out my personal credit history file.
Appointing a company accountant.
Getting my Limited Company registered and legally set up.
Obtaining PI and PL insurance cover.
Creating company logo and stationary.
Ad infinitum ...... !!!

The bikes and in particular the Busa have sat under dust sheets much of the year. Its a painful process ;)

But I had a real big surprise yesterday ! You could have knocked me down with a truck ! [:p]
My mate who did the engine work on my Busa called round unannounced to our place and took away the Busa parts
I need re-enigineering to resolve the oil leak problem on the crank take-off for the pulley drive. Its an evolving thing. A simple looking problem requiring some clever thinking.
So my mate took all the bits away and he`s going to return them to me as well. FOC.

Now thats what you call a bike mate !!!!! :)
Really gave me a big lift.
What goes around comes around you know ? In a good way.

HOS
29-08-2009, 05:17 AM
During the engine build you can see where the belt drive is taken from the end of the crank......

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1251535166.jpg

An adaptor is taken from the end of the crank to drive the pulley connected by a toothed rubber belt to the pulley on the compressor.
It has to be tensioned correctly not to damage bearings at each end or take up too much power and wreck the fuelling.
An additional bearing is built into the engine casing to support the adaptor.

The oil seal is around the adaptor taken off the crank and is purely a rotary seal holding crank case oil pressure, heat and spinning at engine revs. So the oil seal is working hard ;)
As installed....
http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1251532234.jpg

timbo
29-08-2009, 11:05 AM
It's good to know that you have good mate at your side whether it's fixing an oil leak or picking you up on the side of the road. One quick phone call and it's all sorted. Wakes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside

HOS
29-08-2009, 06:53 PM
Its cool to have a good network of bike mates who will help out when you havent got the time or resources to sort things.;)
It isnt all "take" though, othewise it wouldnt work.

Another mate has a bike shop and does bits and pieces for people as favours FOC, its good for his trade and reputation.
You actually want to go there and chill out, drink tea and take the piss, you know? A proper bike shop full of bikers.

timbo
29-08-2009, 06:55 PM
Yep i know what you mean,and yes the door must swing both ways