PDA

View Full Version : Sydney Motorcycle Expo

dazz
18-11-2006, 10:03 AM
If you do venture out to this poorly advertised event, there are a couple of points of call you must make.
1: Colidascope

Visit Paul or Kamakazebusa and have a look at the ZX12R and the Kawasaki H2

2: Honda stand

Check out the rapid CB9, the CB1300 turbo and another CB900 with spoked wheels (motard style)

3: THE FUCKING EXIT!!!!!!!

Gix11
18-11-2006, 10:07 AM
When is it again mate? Stu did tell me but I forgot.....

Large
18-11-2006, 11:18 AM
yesterday today and tomorrow

WATEVR
18-11-2006, 02:54 PM
some one take a camera as you would never believe we dont get a bike expo in Adelaide!

pommie
18-11-2006, 03:44 PM
ye post some pics of the good stuff, save me a trip

speeddemon
18-11-2006, 04:16 PM
I have been very dissapointed in the past with the shows so i wont go this year unless someone here reckons its that good - but i doubt it.

Slingblade
18-11-2006, 05:34 PM
Last i heard, Stu said he wasnt even attending as the organisation was shithouse and the promotor didnt return his calls about a slot.

pt
18-11-2006, 08:18 PM
yeah last year wasn't that great and theres alot of fun to be had from 30 bucks of petrol and a free weekend:D

rasper
18-11-2006, 08:32 PM
Have to agree guys this is a waste of time and might as well go to a titty bar and a bike shop in your local area that is all you are paying your money for whent last year and was a majour dissapointment

Tone
19-11-2006, 06:16 AM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/99096076455842.JPG
There was one great bike at last years show.

Tone
19-11-2006, 06:27 AM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/990960764120471.JPG
These 2 and the TNT rated as well...for mine.

qickdraw
20-11-2006, 10:23 AM
I was there on the RAPID stand with Jeff & Co. & we squeezed the 'Blade in there, too - so you would have been guaranteed at least one decent bike there!:D
The show as a whole was, in a word, shite:(. The collide etc ZX12 was quite pretty, as was the new Duc 1098, but there was virtually no aftermarket or modified sportsbike stuff anywhere. Just new stuff that looks just like last years new stuff - and you can see that in any dealer:(. Honda's effort with the wire wheeled Hornet was, quite frankly, laughable[xx(]. People wonder why Streetfighters struggle to take off in Australia - well there's your answer right there on the Honda stand. Some know-nothing moron working for Honda Aus decides to build a 'streetfighter' and ends up with a dog's breakfast that's somewhere between a post classic racer and a crap teenage shed special. Hopeless. Some people should stick to what they're good at. I hope whoever built it is reading this - you need to burn it and start again. Now.
The atmosphere at the show was non-existent compared to both of the other Expo's this year, I hope the powers-that-be decide to do the right thing & let SCP organise it next year....
Altogether a dull weekend - topped of when the Blade got squashed by the Rapid Hornet last night at about 7pm:(:(...... luckily no damage done - apart from to my heart when I was told about it!
Nath is correct in saying that I did try to get a stand there, but the organisers didn't get back to me for over 6 months, so I guess my business wasn't important to them..... until they saw the 'Blade at Mel - then THEY called me and just about fell over themselves trying to get me there[:I] Pity I'd already done my advertising budget for the year by then!:(
Aparently there will be an Expo in Adel next year - they organise one every TWO years there....

WATEVR
20-11-2006, 02:05 PM
quickdraw it would be fantastic to get some bike builders from the east coast to the adelaide show as last time the bike expo was in adelaide it was just each of the bike shops with a stand, may aswell gone to there stores!! but i suppose something is better than nothing.

qickdraw
21-11-2006, 07:44 AM
quote:Originally posted by WATEVR

quickdraw it would be fantastic to get some bike builders from the east coast to the adelaide show as last time the bike expo was in adelaide it was just each of the bike shops with a stand, may aswell gone to there stores!! but i suppose something is better than nothing.

If/when it's on I'll be there mate...!:D