PDA

View Full Version : GSXR1000 Update & Vic WOV Register

Gsxar
28-08-2009, 09:19 AM
Greeting guys n girls ;) I thought was time I give an update on the Gix 1000 as lots of the Vic guys got to see it on the weekend and of course offer some great idea's.......Coming soon :D

I brought the bike as Written on vehicle for $4500 ( Gsxr1000 2005)
The bike had been listed on the Victorian WOVR as right hand side light structural damage
http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1251478402.jpg

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1251434614.jpg

Trying to get any information from Vic roads regarding requirements of repairing the vehicle is bloody impossible. By the time I have owed in about 2 days am hearing lots of different horror stories about what I will have to do before it can be rerego'd. Slight panic sets in........I was kinda intending to put plastics back on it as it is going to be my everyday ride & I will still have the 1100 fighter. Think this is bout the same time I talk to Booster he advisers me how I really do need a turbo if I have brought a thou[8)]

So the process of getting it off the register:

Vehicle Information Package from vic roads- The guy emailed it to me while I was on the phone to him (need a credit card). Lists history of the bike, if its stolen and and WOVR reports.They wouldn't let me get this over the counter at VR, had to be done over the phone.
Vic roads WILL NOT give out the name of the Inspection place UNTIL you have booked in for the appointment - which was no help as I wanted to speak to the inspector to see if I could do the bike naked.

Best advice - Ask a local car place who the inspector is for written of Vehicles, that's what I did. Find out what he wants before u waste your time & money. Paid him a visit & asked my questions.
Does it have to be put back to manufactures specifications? - Basically yes, but it comes down to the inspector. I explained I didn't want a plastic bike ( think it helped the local guy road & was into bikes)
He said he would approve a naked bike if done neatly & any brackets or holes that were needed are removed or covered ect... As Gibbo had told me if the inspector wants to be a prick he can refuse to clear if with a small dent( Mine has a bit of a banged up tank but wanna wait till its rego'd to make most of the improvements)

Thanks to the Nudie Boy for lending me the SV headlight, which I have now fallen in love with ( After 1 to buy if any1 hears of 1 please)Left some ugly stuff such as the radiator bottle, because as it was it was legal. thats the 1st thing to be changed

Parts needed
Right hand subframe rail - U must supply vin numbers from the bike the parts came from
Pillion seat bracket
Rear After market plastic ( only 1 piece of the right rh rear actually needed replacing)
RH exhaust bracket/pillion peg
Bar ends
Mirrors & some where to mount them ( yes 1 for rego - 2 for WOVR)
Headlight & brackets / My flashy speedo mount I made
Indicators
Reservoirs & lowering links( Not required just bling[:0])
Frame plugs
Front brake lever
Some other little bits n pieces cant think of right now. Some great friends to straighten jiggle & wiggle some other bits so everything lines up & is nice.

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1251501294.jpg

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1251500194.jpg

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1251511309.jpg

Bike $4500.00
Parts N pretty's $1000.00
Vechicle information package $ 30.00
WOVI $484.00
Roadworthy $ 77.00
Rego booking fee $ 35.30
Rego $437.10 ( Booked in next Wed)

Total of $6486.40 Approximately ;)

I think it helped I was armed with lots of information. I printed out heaps of information from the manual like what warning stickers it had to have on it and all the standards information ( which does not mention fairings at all ;)) and included it the bike book that has to be taken to the repairer
You take with you to the appointment:

Vehicle information pack from Vic roads
Proof of purchase
Tax invoices including abn no of all parts
If you repair it your self you MUST have a REPORT DIARY detailing what you have done to the bike stage by stage to return it to original specifications.
Heaps of pics, before during and after ( I took pics of replaced broken parts sitting on bike after new ones had been installed ect)
If you trailer it to the appointment trailer must be registered ( that 1 threw me).
Stat dec & your licences ect but that's the main things

ALL this info has been based on LIGHT STRUCTURAL DAMAGE he was very insistent that if it was major damage engineers certificates ect would be required.

So bike all set to rock n roll but vic roads cant register it till Wednesday then the fun can start.
[xx(][xx(][xx(] Hope its Helpfully to anyone thinking about getting a right off. Cheers Jojo

RED ZX
28-08-2009, 11:35 AM
Nice write up, I am sure it will help some in the future.

sharky
28-08-2009, 03:57 PM
quote:Thanks to the Nudie Boy for lending me the SV headlight, which I have now fallen in love with ( After 1 to buy if any1 hears of 1 please)
Picking one up tomoro for Sarah's bike...if she don't like it it yours for what I paid ($100 as new)

Gsxar
29-08-2009, 05:22 PM
Cool thanks Sharky will wait to hear ;)