PDA

View Full Version : GSXR 7/11

TRIZZY
17-11-2006, 10:57 AM
Hi to all you guys have just finished my Slabby 7/11 project first test ride this weekend. My question is how have you other 7/11 riders gone about the rego thing. Do I need an engineers certificate or just a blue slip or just shhh! restamp! any help and suggestions. I will post some photos of the beast next week for everyones comments. Cheers in advance!

Gix11
17-11-2006, 01:36 PM
Hey Trizzy. Welcome aboard mate. Is this Wayne from Mick Cole MC? Looking forward to seeing these photos either way mate.

03gixxerpilot
17-11-2006, 02:22 PM
G'day trizzy welcome to the madness mate hope to see the photos soon, where are you in australia as the rego laws varie from state to state and what have you done to it besides upgrade the motor, if the motor is the only thing that you hae done you should just nees a blue slip.

TRIZZY
17-11-2006, 02:23 PM
Yeah that's me how did the Island go? So do you have any suggestions how did you do it.

TRIZZY
17-11-2006, 02:25 PM
Sorry I'm in NSW. Have done all the usual things polish this polish that. Modern size wheels dynojet kit, flowed head, pods, full yoshi exhaust.

Gix11
17-11-2006, 03:17 PM
Yea the Island was great. Check the last few pages of this topic to see the photos: http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1696

We fucked up when we left your shop as we were so keen to get off the highway we took the wrong turning and ended up going through that national park over the twisty hill on that dirt track for 50 odd K, great way to run in that new tyre! We pushed on though, and after we got back on course that old logging road was just awesome mate. Cheers for the tip. My 7/12 isn't registered yet so I can't answer but Hooligan that was with us can tell you, and a few others.........

By the way, as I said I would I gave you an advert on the parts page and also a shout out here: http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2977

hooligan
18-11-2006, 05:01 PM
Mines engineered, but i'm not sure whether you HAVE to engineer an engine swap or not (i think you do because of the capacity increase, because it's more than 10 percent). The mods to the engine don't matter so don't tell 'em. Since you don't need to mod the frame the engineers cert should be easy to get, but they might say something about upgrading brakes to go with it.
Or don't say anything, and just get it blue slipped with the new engine numbers, which is the easiest option.

03gixxerpilot
18-11-2006, 05:48 PM
hooligan in QLD if that engine was offered as a standard option then you don't need a cert, but you have to have all the other optoins that were with that motor IE if the bigger motor had twin disks instead of single then you have to upgrad to the twin disks

dazz
18-11-2006, 07:38 PM
in nsw you are allowed a 25% increase in capacity before engineering is required according to our mechanic at work who is right into the car scene.

dazz
18-11-2006, 07:41 PM
I JUST MADE WEEKEND WARRIOR:D

.......and what are these little hairs that are appearing around my ball sack?:)

Rocket
18-11-2006, 09:12 PM
Shave them off immediately Dazz.
They have a negative effect on your cash earning abilities.

Seifer
19-11-2006, 04:05 PM
Ok so in NSW a 7/11 project will need an engineering cert. What can we excpect if we don't get it, better question is what are the chances of anyone finding out?

RUSS M8
20-11-2006, 07:39 PM
quote:Originally posted by Seifer

Ok so in NSW a 7/11 project will need an engineering cert. What can we excpect if we don't get it, better question is what are the chances of anyone finding out?

If you are ever in an accident, could be a huge shit fight... or if ya piss off a coppa and he wants to book ya, he can't if ya have an eng's certificate.

Seifer
21-11-2006, 11:24 AM
OK well i'll organise one for the engine but try and avoid it for the frame. Can i take it to an engineer and have him check only the engine? Whats the costing approx. if all the mounts are the same in NSW?

chopaweeza
21-11-2006, 02:26 PM
You need an Engineers Certificate if the capacity increase is 15% or more for motorcycles. Remember , you need an Engineer that is RTA Motorcycle certified as well and a full list of those are on the RTA's website. Technically, you also need upgraded brakes & suspension as well but most aren't that strict if it's just a motor swap. Try Peter Smith at Camden and avoid Mobility Engineering at Hornsby , they are both on the list.