PDA

View Full Version : Streetfighters??

Slingblade
16-11-2006, 10:29 PM
Whats going on with Streetfighters mag?
Got my new copy today and there is almost as many fully faired feature bikes as fighters. Yes they are beasts but if i wanna read about long assed plastic covered drag bikes, i will buy a drag mag.

Just my 2c

Fighter pickings must be getting slim over there.
Although the trumpy framed gixxer is cool i must say.

Tone
17-11-2006, 04:53 AM
That bike does look good Boris but those big welded up gouges out of the frame to fit the rocker cover don't fill me with confidence.The swingarm's a ripper though.
That chick sitting on it looks like she's had the goods moved to the left a fair way if that little pinky orange arrangement is an attempt at modesty too!
I see also that Sparts Gixxer made it in the mag,great looking bike that.Has that had a full article written on it yet?

ozkat
17-11-2006, 12:45 PM
Hey Berrice, so what your saying is streetfighters cant have fairings or have a longer swingarm?

Slingblade
17-11-2006, 02:13 PM
Swingarms fine. Plastics??? NUP.

Iceman
17-11-2006, 03:45 PM
Are we going to have the 'what is a streetfighter' debate again?

Gix11
17-11-2006, 03:55 PM
Shayne can't help himself can he?

Slingblade
17-11-2006, 04:00 PM
HAHAHA. Dont worry fellas, no pissing contest here. I just figure throwing a few live hand grenades in every now and again keeps everyone sane. Didnt expect one of the forum veterans to bite though.

FIGHTERMC
17-11-2006, 06:03 PM
that trumpy framed gixxer is owned by a mate of sparts
and there is a full build on sparts website,got to say
its a bloody good looking bike and that home mate swinger
is the business

fimpBIKES
18-11-2006, 08:44 AM
that thing is fucking amazing!!!

but not as good as the creme egg thingy last month (apart from the paint that is....)

ninjaboy
19-11-2006, 11:29 AM
What awesome engineering on the creme egg fighter. I want to be an engineer! And the chick sitting on the bike, man! I want to be a a lollie bikini.

madmaxman1986
21-11-2006, 04:55 AM
unless you love stress, you don't want to be an engineer ninjaboy.
Statics(NOT statistics) will make a man go crazy. Google it.

fimpBIKES
21-11-2006, 06:13 AM
word....

Gix11
21-11-2006, 09:44 AM
Statics:
is the branch of physics concerned with the analysis of loads (force, moment, torque) on a physical systems in static equilibrium, that is, in a state where the relative positions of subsystems do not vary over time, or where components and structures are at rest under the action of external forces of equilibrium. When in static equilibrium, the system is either at rest, or moving at constant velocity through its center of mass.

ninjaboy
21-11-2006, 10:50 AM
My head hurts Gix11. Please, i can't process this information all at once.

gibbo
21-11-2006, 03:36 PM
word...dude.....;)

Large
21-11-2006, 04:43 PM
OMG!!! werd!!!111

Slingblade
21-11-2006, 04:51 PM
shit i hope you copy and pasted that Si!

It would take a while to type it out of the textbook.

Jockney Rebel
25-11-2006, 04:28 AM
quote:Originally posted by Slingblade

Got my new copy today and there is almost as many fully faired feature bikes as fighters. Yes they are beasts but if i wanna read about long assed plastic covered drag bikes, i will buy a drag mag.

Just my 2c

its prob due to less big sports bikes getin totalled by cheque book bikers with too much money ...thats where i used to get most of my bits the mags always been great since day one got me into my first build .............nice to be here by the way ....

Jockney Rebel
27-11-2006, 05:56 PM
how the hell do u get pics on here .............from ol bloke struggling with modern stuff

Gix11
27-11-2006, 10:38 PM
Jim. Here you go mate: http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=562 - the bottm part is probably what you're looking for.

........and if that's not enough move on to this: http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3306

Cheers mate.

Jockney Rebel
27-11-2006, 11:57 PM
cheers for that i think ive got it ..see after the war when i was a lad..........the information super highway was abloke on a bicycle with royal mail on his hat lol

sfoc711uk
30-11-2006, 07:37 AM

Just my 2c

Fighter pickings are not getting slim over here they just seem to put cheque book bikes in or ones with the odd bolt on goody on it alot of the time.
It may also help if they could be arsed replying to emails,I sent pics and spec of mine to them a while ago and not even a yes or no thanks WELL THEY CAN KISS MY FUCKING ARSEHOLE.:(:(:(

Gix11
30-11-2006, 08:58 AM
For anyone that's not familiar with Dave(sfoc711uk)'s bike, here it is:

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h35/ERNIE711/bikepics070.jpg

How long ago did you submit it to them mate? MDM was hovering around here a couple of days ago. If he comes back see what his take on the matter is?

MDM
14-12-2006, 05:56 AM
Here I am! :D

Well, it's no surprise that I didn't reply to any pics of that Gixer... I've not seen any!:)
While I don't particularly want to kiss anyone's "fucking arsehole", I will say that we would like to feature sfoc711uk's Suzuki! Get in touch Dave! ;)

sharky
14-12-2006, 06:30 AM
How about a few Yams....Xjr's even ;);)

WATEVR
14-12-2006, 07:07 AM
i have to say that that is what RAPID lacks is a readers rides type section to let people know what guys are doing that arent necessarily feature material. what do you guys reckon???

fimpBIKES
14-12-2006, 07:43 AM
agreed!

Gix11
14-12-2006, 09:47 AM
Yea. I don't think Jeff comes by here so send him an email and suggest it as he's open to ideas all the time.

WATEVR
14-12-2006, 01:43 PM
yea good onya si i did email about it a while ago but got no reply, might have been because i said that wayne g. was abit one sided with his bloody hondasas any honda employee would be!!

qickdraw
14-12-2006, 02:42 PM
quote:Originally posted by WATEVR

yea good onya si i did email about it a while ago but got no reply, might have been because i said that wayne g. was abit one sided with his bloody hondasas any honda employee would be!!

W G is not actually officially affiliated (fuck! Try saying THAT when you're pissed![}:)] ) with Honda at all any more - but I agree that you wouldn't know it! He seems incredibly biased towards the Honda's whenever he does a group test, and seems to focus on any 'down-side' he can find with any other brand and totally ignore any similar short-coming on a bike with a red wing on it...
I suppose he just loves Hondas as a result of the many years that he rode for them, and has probably ridden more of them that just about anyone else on the planet! They seem to suit his riding style a lot more than any other bike, but again this is probably because he rides one all the time...
That's getting a bit off-topic though... I know Jeff gets a LOT of readers bikes submissions, & he really doesn't have the time to go through them all & choose the best one every month (he does just about everything else for the mag too!), and so it's usually just a case of grabbing the next one in the 'pile' for each up-coming issue...

Jockney Rebel
14-12-2006, 06:24 PM
quote:Originally posted by sfoc711uk

Just my 2c

Fighter pickings are not getting slim over here they just seem to put cheque book bikes in or ones with the odd bolt on goody on it alot of the time.
It may also help if they could be arsed replying to emails,I sent pics and spec of mine to them a while ago and not even a yes or no thanks WELL THEY CAN KISS MY FUCKING ARSEHOLE.:(:(:(
nice bike m8

sfoc711uk
13-01-2007, 10:09 AM
Thanks for the email gix i missed that one;).Heres a better picture with the factory billet casings on and im maybe gonna do the forks black.

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/1068995157131807.jpg

MDM
16-01-2007, 01:07 AM
Dave - did you see my post on the first page of this thread?
Could you drop me a line? Ta!

sfoc711uk
16-01-2007, 08:20 AM
Ive done it mate,i sent a email on sunday if you havent got it let me know your email address it may have gone to the wrong one.It was sent through ocean media (cant remember the rest) which was in the mag a couple of issues ago.

spart666
16-01-2007, 09:32 AM
quote:Originally posted by Tone

That bike does look good Boris but those big welded up gouges out of the frame to fit the rocker cover don't fill me with confidence.The swingarm's a ripper though.
That chick sitting on it looks like she's had the goods moved to the left a fair way if that little pinky orange arrangement is an attempt at modesty too!
I see also that Sparts Gixxer made it in the mag,great looking bike that.Has that had a full article written on it yet?

slapping on a r6 seat unit should be ready soon and nos so when its finished i will contacting mdm for some space
by the way my mates bike which was also featured in the same issue tribandit was sold on ebay last week!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 6k:(

FIGHTERMC
16-01-2007, 09:38 AM
I seen that spart,what made him sell it,
fooking nice bike.

Tone
16-01-2007, 11:28 AM
Cool Spart...reading web pages is OK but moving the computer into the "library" would tax my wifes patience!Can't wait to see it all in print.

16-01-2007, 02:46 PM
It`s spelt like this POGUE MAHONE:D

Just my 2c

MDM
17-01-2007, 05:34 AM

Ive done it mate,i sent a email on sunday if you havent got it let me know your email address it may have gone to the wrong one.It was sent through ocean media (cant remember the rest) which was in the mag a couple of issues ago.

Got your email thanks bud! :D
Bike to be photographed asap!

MDM
17-01-2007, 05:36 AM
quote:Originally posted by spart666

slapping on a r6 seat unit should be ready soon and nos so when its finished i will contacting mdm for some space
:(

Let me know as-and-when Spart!

spart666
17-01-2007, 09:27 AM
quote:Originally posted by FIGHTERMC

I seen that spart,what made him sell it,
fooking nice bike.

not to sure however hes fightering a busa as we speak and knowing steve it will be differant the tribandit is going over to your neck of the woods so seeing its just a short hop by ferry i wouldent be suprised if it turned up at the tt this year
laters

FIGHTERMC
17-01-2007, 09:42 AM
I'm sure if it going here i'll see it at a rally or 2.
if the busa is anything like the work that went in the the tribandit
i can't wait to see it

spart666
18-01-2007, 05:13 AM
quote:Originally posted by MDM

quote:Originally posted by spart666

:(

Let me know as-and-when Spart!

cheers dave will do:)

MDM
18-01-2007, 07:55 PM
I've just realised how bizarre this is... two British blokes are discussing a British bike that's due to be featured in a British bike magazine on a forum that's based on the direct opposite side of the planet from the UK...

spart666
18-01-2007, 08:04 PM
quote:Originally posted by MDM

I've just realised how bizarre this is... two British blokes are discussing a British bike that's due to be featured in a British bike magazine on a forum that's based on the direct opposite side of the planet from the UK...

lol just what happens when you get a good forum[8D]

fimpBIKES
18-01-2007, 09:03 PM
as long as you arent seppos its alright ;)

pesh
20-01-2007, 04:55 PM
i sent in pics of my bike like 8 months ago ... which got published in the jan 2007 issue ... yet to get it .. i wonder if the new build could get a pic or few in the mag ... i didnt even expect them to publish it

Jockney Rebel
20-01-2007, 05:03 PM
quote:Originally posted by mad mundy

It`s spelt like this POGUE MAHONE:D

Just my 2c

straidann na roinn-Eorpa :D
seems like a lot of ppl miss these if we re gonna get all gaelic

BOHEMION
20-01-2007, 05:08 PM
Off topic - Franken mate I sent ya an email a few days ago, you get it ?

Jockney Rebel
21-01-2007, 10:29 PM
quote:Originally posted by BOHEMION

Off topic - Franken mate I sent ya an email a few days ago, you get it ?
yeah cheers bo..pc blew up a few days ago got a nice new one now:D