PDA

View Full Version : hey from melb

LS1GUN
24-08-2009, 02:15 PM
hi guys and girls. im new here and just joint up. ill give you a run down. im 19 im a concreter, i drive a 2000 vt ss but im also looking for a bike at the moment. i love the street fighter look but i dont know much about them, so any advice would be very helpful!

iv bin ridding bikes sice i was about 8 and road bikes for about a year and harf iv only really ridden 250 like a vt-r and some other chinese thing.

so what would be a good bike cheers marv

timbo
24-08-2009, 02:56 PM
Welcome mate As much as it pains me to say it but we were talking about this stuff on the weekend and the SV 650 sounds like the go but a 99 ZX6R would also be a good thing. the biggest thing at the moment for you is whatever you end up with needs to be LAMs approved. Where about in Melbourne are you?

LS1GUN
24-08-2009, 03:03 PM
yeah i was thinking a 600 atm dont want anything huge well i do but wana be safe :P

well will sound stupid whats a LAMs? so would it be better buying something already set up or doing it my self?

im from frankston.

timbo
24-08-2009, 03:14 PM
Learner approved motorcycle or something like that you'll be restricted to a max cc of 660 and there is a power to weight limit as well but i don't no the numbers on that one. i do know that any of the race rep 2 stroke 250 are banned eg rgv250 nsr250 kr1s
there was a fightered zx6 on ebay awhile ago so i would start looking there just type in streetfighter and go nuts. Nothing wrong with franganistan but i think we have a few members in and around narry

LS1GUN
24-08-2009, 04:42 PM
oh yeah that changed that law recently hey? oh yeah that not to fare. i dont really care about the L plate laws really. how is Insurance on bikes for people my age?

timbo
24-08-2009, 04:51 PM
expensive

KATO ZX7
24-08-2009, 06:12 PM
Welcome to the fun zone Marv, lots of bikes to choose from, but check insurance prices b4 you buy.
When i was young (last year) i had to pay a shit load.

Keep a eye on the Vic section, we Mexicans love to party :D

80s freak
24-08-2009, 07:01 PM
Welcome LS, you can find the LAMS list here:
http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/Home/Licensing/GettingYourLs/Approvedmotorcyclesfornoviceriders.htm

LS1GUN
25-08-2009, 03:52 AM
quote:Originally posted by KATO ZX7

Welcome to the fun zone Marv, lots of bikes to choose from, but check insurance prices b4 you buy.
When i was young (last year) i had to pay a shit load.

Keep a eye on the Vic section, we Mexicans love to party :D

yeah it seem like a fun place :P

yeah well i dunno i think im going to sell my ss ans buy a ute and a nice bike. insurance wise i cant be paying as much as i do on the car atm :P

catch ya around mate!

scotty
26-08-2009, 08:30 AM
G'day mate. Welcome.
Good luck with the bike hunt.
Insurance is going to Looooove u

caotic
02-09-2009, 08:33 PM
hot tip mate no chance of getting insurance for a 600 or above if your not fully licenced. and thats the way its always been lams just means you can only buy a gay as looking bike to tide you through till you get fully licenced.

try the hyusongs there 600 are lams approved

not worth the shit if ya stack man

and yeah welcoxme to the crazy house

miniman1
03-09-2009, 10:06 AM
Welcome mate, make sure u get something learner legal, its not worth gettin done for riding a bike u shouldnt be. Try a Hyosung GT650L, go for a newer one tho as the early ones had some issues...

WATEVR
03-09-2009, 11:41 AM
welcome to this here place of madness!!

you also have the options of the 400cc imports if you looking for something with a more sporty style, but he big one to remember is MOTARD, bikes built for hooligans!!