PDA

View Full Version : Custom Exhaust

zx12argh
15-11-2006, 08:39 AM
Hey all

I'm looking to get a custom under seat exhaust set up for my zx12r. Clearance isn't an issue as I've got the arse end jacked up nicely;)

Can anyone here recommend a workshop around Brisbane that does quality work without charging a mint?

Also 12r's have a nice 4-2-1 system but the custom will probably end up having a 4-1 system. Am I going to loose power here?

Slingblade
15-11-2006, 08:56 AM
The general consensus is that 4-2-1 is better for midrange but a 4-1 is better for top end. Impossible to say for sure, as there are to many other variables. I doubt you would actually lose power, although you will have to change to a smaller mid pipe as the stock one on the 12r is huge. Might affect it. Theres other blokes on here that can give you a better answer. I am just a dumb eleco.

Wanna swap your zx12 for a blade before you go to the hassle of doing the exhaust???:D;)

zx12argh
15-11-2006, 10:24 AM
Ermmm... you wouldn't want her right now.

I hit a dog one night a couple weeks ago and shes a bit munted.

Most of the remaining plastic work is screwed, ground through the stator housing, smashed my switch gear and crushed part of the fuel tank.

Big summer rebuild going on now so looking to do something special. Trying not to spend money I dont have.

The dog is ok though.

Gix11
15-11-2006, 10:47 AM
Get it sorted for April mate and bring it on the Fools Run for us all to see.

Hillsy
15-11-2006, 11:17 AM
quote:Originally posted by zx12argh

Can anyone here recommend a workshop around Brisbane that does quality work without charging a mint?

Maybe try Paul at Bushell Engineering (Albion) 3262 9044. He does a lot of alloy and stainless welding and doesn't charge the earth.
He used to have a lot of work on the go, so getting something done quickly might not happen, though.

Slingblade
15-11-2006, 03:24 PM
quote:Originally posted by zx12argh

Ermmm... you wouldn't want her right now.

Mate i will take it still covered in dog guts. !