PDA

View Full Version : headlight / projector light info needed....

RC36
16-08-2009, 03:55 PM
Hey all,

I'm at the piont that now that I am going to go mad if I keep sanding and polishing the swingarm on the VFR for any longer. So going to start thinking and planing the front end now...

I'm thinking of making up a custom headlight unit based loosely on the VFR 800 02/08 with the twin Low/High beam projector lights but just without all the uneccessary plastics.

But I dont know jack about lights requirements tho. Wondering what type of projector lights should I be looking at using, where to get them and all that stuff.

All I know at the moment is that they have to be E marked. I read somewhere that some of them have diffent angles of beam throw. I'm not going to go near the ebay one that I read about in other post. I will need them to be good as I will be doing a fair bit of night riding. Exben said in this post about this lights that he sells, they need to be converted to HID to have a realy good light on them, would I have to do that with any projector light I get?

Any help would be great...

Gix11
17-08-2009, 05:45 PM
These question posts are always best answered in the advice section mate as that's where EVERYONE goes to check them. I'll move it there now.