PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me or have others noticed?

gumby190
13-08-2009, 11:20 PM
What the fuck is going on with drivers these days?

Have people just lost the ability to use their blinkers?

This has really started to piss me off.
I live in multicultral central, Auburn NSW to be precise.
To get to work I have to drive about 10mins up the road. I have been noticing more & more a new lane changing phenomena.
People seem to be cutting in & out of lanes more & more without blinkers.
At first I was noticing only P platers doing it, but the more & more I look it's not just them.
They don't look, just hook in.
The other week I got a cheap laugh as a middle eastern P Plater in a BMW merged into the front of a truck, no blinker just go for it.

Riding the bike has even got alot more sketchy with these Lemmings on the road.
Fuck I don't even attempt to lane split at lights around here anymore, Fucktards open doors on you, abuse you & merge over.[V]

Am I just noticing this or is it getting worse?

Don't get me started on the VL driver that nearly fucked me up a few weeks back............

Jockney Rebel
13-08-2009, 11:24 PM
,,its always been that way

grindella
14-08-2009, 03:56 AM
whats new? and those that open door wel have you hit one? you can do a lot of damage to the car hitting their door. By the way have you noticed those that deliberately try to put you in a bad spot? keep riding get used to it or get out of the city. I spent time as a motorcycle courier down there, glad I got out with only a fractured spine.

Jup
14-08-2009, 04:55 AM
What's a traffic light? We don't have em out here in the country :D

Shadowzone
14-08-2009, 06:26 AM
Hit the door and sue the cunts. Right after you drag yourself up off the ground and flog them.

fuck em, you hit the door they wont be driving off in a hurry. itll be pretty fucken hard toc lose the door with fucked hinges.

Doesn't really sound like much is new in the world of sydney motoring though.

gumby190
14-08-2009, 07:56 AM
quote:Originally posted by grindella

whats new? and those that open door wel have you hit one? you can do a lot of damage to the car hitting their door. By the way have you noticed those that deliberately try to put you in a bad spot? keep riding get used to it or get out of the city. I spent time as a motorcycle courier down there, glad I got out with only a fractured spine.

I am just amazed by it all, I notice most of this while driving my ute to work, I maybe ride to work once a week.
I was a motorbike courier in Sydney for a year back in 1996 & I swear it was never this bad or maybe I didn't notice it as much cause back then I was indestructable, taxi drivers are still the same though.

Neo Dutch
14-08-2009, 09:46 AM
It's because the coppers aren't out booking the pricks.

Gixxer_rat85
14-08-2009, 09:56 AM
Yep, it`s always been that way, but it it getting worse, espesh in peak hour. Give them a break though, they have a lot to think about, with thier coffee, and thier mobile phone, all while fixing make up or shaving. Even saw one bloke reading the paper once.

scotty mac
14-08-2009, 10:01 AM
quote:Originally posted by Neo Dutch

It's because the coppers aren't out booking the pricks.

there to worried bout takin lil girls bikes of them....
or hammering us for a fender eliminators n shit!!!

sen
14-08-2009, 10:01 AM
Yeah, been like this as long as I can remember. I live in inner west syd, and there isn't a single day I don't have to take evasive action to dodge some chick drinking a coffee and fixing her makeup while changing lanes without indicating. This morning on the way to work I had to deal with some dude who was in the wrong lane on the overpass going over darling harbour, decided to cross 4 lanes, in peak hour traffic, with no indicators, instantly. 2 cars locked brakes to dodge him, and he just casually drove off.

Razorback
14-08-2009, 10:45 AM
Just gotta go out there and always assume that the only reason the other poeple came out on the road today was to hunt you down and kill you and reverse over your corpse...

If you dont beleive that... they will do it to you.

scotty mac
14-08-2009, 10:54 AM
i lived in inala bris vegas for 8 years and travelled to mt gravatt 6 days a week.. about 8 out of 10 female vietnamese drivers DIDN'T have a liecence or if they did it was a rely's. and is always funny to see how they forget english when the coppers turn up!!

in saying that i've seen some driver's that take the cake here in mackay.

I'm not racist, jus fair!

-Dex-
14-08-2009, 12:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xOO39wyKK4&feature=related

Not just Asian women either. Needs to be more difficult getting a drivers license IMO.

Something similar to the road-craft training needed to get your bike license would be a good start. Even better, something similar to getting your truck license. A logbook that takes ten minutes to fill out and a lap round the block with a reverse park thrown in is not cutting it.
Instead of addressing the road toll at it's source, and reducing it right down through education, they chalk it up to "speeding" and spend up big on catching the master criminals who habitually travel at 3km/h over the posted limit. Brilliant.

Gixxer_rat85
14-08-2009, 12:13 PM
Dex, stop making so much sense...you won`t get anywhere in this world by using your brains so much

gumby190
14-08-2009, 12:16 PM
Some L platers even manage to surprise me.

I was driving the wifes Charade & had a wanker blow by me, cutting in & out of lanes with no indicator. I notice what I assume to be his mate following in a ute doing the same. L plates on, in a school zone. Must have been doing 80km at least.

I alway get a chuckle out of the chicks putting makeup on, had one next to me at a set of lights with the lipstick out. Hit the horn when she was really concentrating, I got a few laughs out of that & probably hexed for life.....................

Shadowzone
14-08-2009, 12:47 PM
quote:Originally posted by -Dex-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xOO39wyKK4&feature=related

Not just Asian women either. Needs to be more difficult getting a drivers license IMO.

Something similar to the road-craft training needed to get your bike license would be a good start. Even better, something similar to getting your truck license. A logbook that takes ten minutes to fill out and a lap round the block with a reverse park thrown in is not cutting it.
Instead of addressing the road toll at it's source, and reducing it right down through education, they chalk it up to "speeding" and spend up big on catching the master criminals who habitually travel at 3km/h over the posted limit. Brilliant.

I wouldn't say my truck licence was hard to get.

In Qld you can go from HR to MC with 50hrs in a log book that correspond to your mates showing 50hrs driving time. That doesn't guarantee you're competent. The whole system is flawed.

I believe giving kids at the age of 15 a licence to ride a 50cc scooter followed by graduation to 100cc's at 16 and making it mandatory for these 2 yrs to be spent on the scooters followed by then allowing for graduation to a car or motorbike 250cc or 4cyl no turbo (and not negotiable who gives a fuck if the family sedan is a v8) for the next 2yrs would be a good start to reducing the road toll and increasing awareness of motorcyclists by those in cages.

I would also think it would go a long way towards reducing congestion as a lot of those people wouldn't get off bikes or scooters.

Hillsy
14-08-2009, 01:38 PM
quote:Originally posted by Shadowzone

I believe giving kids at the age of 15 a licence to ride a 50cc scooter ......

If I was allowed to legally ride a scooter on the road at 15 I would probably have put it under a truck within 5 minutes.

-Dex-
14-08-2009, 01:50 PM
quote:Originally posted by Shadowzone

I wouldn't say my truck licence was hard to get.

In Qld you can go from HR to MC with 50hrs in a log book that correspond to your mates showing 50hrs driving time. That doesn't guarantee you're competent. The whole system is flawed.

I hear you, I was more talking about the HR. It's possible to do it in one day but most take two. A two day course that puts you through 90% of driving situations is far better than a ten minute test that I honestly feel I could have passed when i was 12 and my driving experience had been cutting loose for a couple of weeks on my grandpa's farm. That's all I was trying to say. As most people on any automotive based forum will know, there's a shitload more to driving/riding than doing head checks and the 3 second rule.

I do agree that the whole system needs a good old fashioned shake up, most of the fundamental infrastructure is there already. More speeding cameras and increasingly stringent modification laws are ridiculous and can barely be described as "band aids". Anyway, the whole thing shits me right off. [8)]

Gixxer_rat85
14-08-2009, 02:14 PM
And do away with `advanced` driving courses for bikers, drivers, and truck drivers. The term `advanced` should be replaced with `defensive` or `secondary`, etc. All licencing should be more comprehensive. This includes bike licences but especially true for car licencing! Vic bike licence tests are pretty good, but motor vehicle testing is appallingly lacking in real world skills testing. Most 12 year olds could pass it with minimal training. On that note, I reckon the minimum driving age for `p` plates should be raised, while `L` platers should be lowered. 21 and 16 or 15 would work well IMO. More chance for learners to gain supervised experience, and less chance for `P` plate drivers to let teenage bravado make thier decisions for them. Sure as hell would have helped me.

Jockney Rebel
14-08-2009, 08:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwlPYIAYiUcthis is how i got my 'bike wings ...4yrs of working a bike and 20 odd years of ride to work stuff in london you lot dunno what traffic is ...lol

Bear
14-08-2009, 08:26 PM
I ride to work every day and I agree that indicating is on the decrease and I also agree that it's because of a lack of police presence on the road. There should be more motorcycle cops so they can experience what we go through.

Jockney Rebel
14-08-2009, 08:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X58Lp_cB2-s and earning in the winters a bit iffy too lol

EFE 1230
14-08-2009, 08:54 PM
http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1250292596.jpg

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1250303790.jpg

Weaselman
14-08-2009, 09:16 PM
the driving is getting worse ive been driving trucks for 10 years and drivers would act smart around you. Now its door opening lane drifting no blinkers and worse of all the fuckers who cut you off at a set of lights as your gearing down.

As a rider.
No change they are all ignorant cunts

Jockney Rebel
14-08-2009, 09:30 PM
ditto .....

Azrael
14-08-2009, 09:46 PM
Drivers have always been shite, innatentive and rude, now theres just more of them. Thank your local government then go harden up..

uncle pervy
14-08-2009, 10:36 PM
years ago i used to ride an old trump. had it rego'd as a 57 (was a 1970) cause if it fell off and wasnt needed i didnt worry about putting it back on. so no mirrors, indicators, chainguard, ect. anyway, this copper from midland used to follow me around waiting for some dickhead to do something stupid in front of me. which would eventually happen and result in me with a handful of brake, handful of clutch and changing lanes. pinged me everytime. last time he pulled me up was one aussie day after the fireworks. traffic on the freeway was at a standstill, so as i was sitting there i asked a cop on the side of the road if i could exit at the next exit. he said no, it was closed. as we were talking the traffic started moving and i looked over my shoulder before moving off, jut to make sure i wasnt going to get hit. and who do i see sitting behind me in the next lane? that same cop from midland. as i started to take off, he hit ther lights and siren and pulled me over. the cop i had been talking to walked up and asked what the problem was. pig tells him i pulled into traffic without indicating. the cop says no i didnt as i hadn't pulled over. i hit the roof. told the pig i was sick of his persecusion and if i ever see him again i would smash his face in. the other cop just smiled and walked off. well that ticket gave me enough points to lose my licence for 3 months. in fact all the points came from that one pig. never saw that pig again. so when i see people not using there indicators, i really do my lolly. i lost my licence for that shit

ok rant over