PDA

View Full Version : Painted wheels or polished

dazz
14-11-2006, 06:35 PM
I want to change the look of my bike and I have this retro pinstriped idea in mind which will use black as a base and silver for the stripping.

I have had polished edges on wheels before bit I am thinking of painting the same area in the contrasting silver as the stripping will be.

Anyone got anything similar or seen anything like it?

dazz
14-11-2006, 06:38 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/92943926950764.jpg

This is what I had before and was thinking of painting the parts that are polished on these wheels on my bandit

Rocket
14-11-2006, 07:59 PM
I reckon look into powercoating the edge in silver. i assume it's possible with ally and much tougher than paint.

My wheels are painted all black and the paint is a little fragile.

I'm allergic to polishing so that's out as an option as far as I'm concerned.

Gix11
14-11-2006, 09:05 PM
I'm some kind of perverted fucker who actually get's some kind of theraputic effect from polishing shit and making it look shiny. I must admit it was better whan I had more time, but if you have time and you're as twisted as me polish them. I reckon it looks 10 times better than the silver paint look. (Also consider that mine is not and everyday rider any more, that might be half my point).

Gsxar
14-11-2006, 11:57 PM
I'm with u Gix much as I curse all the polished bits on my bike, I love to spend hourse polishing her very relaxing;)
Just wish it would last a little bit longer, cause my bike gets ridden lots and I hate it looking dirty[xx(]

alfiestorm
15-11-2006, 02:04 AM
I have lots of polished parts on my bike including wheel rims and it looks nice when clean but what a fucker to keep looking nice so when i get the chance all the polished bits are off to the powdercoaters to have a nice satin black applied and fuck to having polished alloy again. Little bits are ok like heal plates and foot rests but thats it.
I have lived with polished alloy for years and enough is enoughespecially when i think of all the riding time I have lost.
I think powdercoating/paint is the way to go