PDA

View Full Version : L head v m head

jakelive
13-08-2009, 03:54 PM
Hi guy's
getting my bike on the road back in south Africa
trying to gets some answers concerning my gsxr head
am wonder ing can L gsxr internals work in a m head the reason why chose i m head
was it was low km and already had the all the L stuff from previous boult high lift cams
ape valve springs stainless valves etc ,..What i need to know is it quite technical making it work or is just case of swapping it over ?? meaning all oil channels the same? and timing etc??

Jake

Hagarr
13-08-2009, 09:30 PM
Hey Jake just got back from the U.S.

I got your phone message when I landed yesterday , I'm still a bit lagged from the travel so will give you a call soon.

jakelive
14-08-2009, 12:27 AM
Shounds good,.. looking foward to it buddy,..

OZ750L
14-08-2009, 12:50 PM
From memory, if you swap ALL the hardware from the L head into the M head, it should work. That means cams, followers, valves, retainers, springs, cam sprockets(?). Basically anything you can remove from the L head, put over into the M head with the exception of the cam caps.

You might wanna check but I think it can be done.

jakelive
15-08-2009, 10:23 AM
Hi OZ750L

That what i thought,..but some told me that cam spacing between the cams lobes are different and need to make a spacer to centralize the cams
and that the oil ports might be off but what i could c looks about the same to me tried searching every were but doesn't look like any one that i could find tried before i know ape does
i conversion kit thats what i heard,..
Jake

OZ750L
15-08-2009, 10:53 PM
You have to use the L cams. They are 4 lobes per cam where the M cams are 8 lobes per cam. Drop the bits in and assemble the head on the bench to have a look. You will soon see.

jakelive
16-08-2009, 03:32 PM
I think thats best advise so far!! thanks Jake