PDA

View Full Version : ON/OFF plates.

Tony Nitrous
12-08-2009, 10:34 AM
Seen this technology used in buildings for a while.
Glass that turns frosted/opaque when you put an electrical current through it.
Make a nice cover to keep your plate clean...

(click ON-OFF)
http://www.flashalert.com/eclipse.htm

Jay_G
12-08-2009, 10:46 AM
it would be interesting if there was a way to set this up with say a detecting device so that it would turn black with say a flash.....of sunlight so you don't blind other road users with its reflectivity...

Weaselman
12-08-2009, 11:28 AM
there was a bloke in sydney who had one on his beemer GS and it worked well.

Shadowzone
12-08-2009, 12:40 PM
One of the boys had one of these on his Gixxer back in 03. Worked a treat but it was bulky as all hell. Still the coppers know what they are and so you need to hide the switch and hide it well cause they will look for it and knock you off if they find it...

KRASH
12-08-2009, 05:02 PM
Tried one of these, and they are bulky (about 30mm thick)
they are naturally white and when you put 12volts on them they go clear... if you define clear as milky looking and not very see through...[xx(]

oldskool
12-08-2009, 11:09 PM
A mate has one and it works well ,the only problem is if the cops catch ya its a BIG fine for a speed evasion device.
Somthing like $1500 fine I think.

Tony OW31
12-08-2009, 11:46 PM
quote:Originally posted by oldskool

A mate has one and it works well ,the only problem is if the cops catch ya its a BIG fine for a speed evasion device.
Somthing like $1500 fine I think.

Do you lose points as well? I can handle the fines, it's the points that do me in:(

KRASH
13-08-2009, 10:49 AM
You could still see the plate number alright it just looked like old perspex when it was ment to be clear.
I guy in Rockhampton with a 08 busa had a servo driven plate holder fitted that folds up at the flick of a switch on the bars...
He came for a ride with us last week end and this worked a treat... He bought it from somewhere and had the local shop fit it and it looked almost normal (compared with the above mentioned system)

http://www.speedflip.com/index.htm

grindella
13-08-2009, 11:06 AM
Nice idea but complicated and expensive, on the otherhand a spung number plate is cheap and effective.

KRASH
13-08-2009, 09:04 PM
Black electrical tape... and change a couple of numbers/letters for the quick rides...LOL

Large
13-08-2009, 10:28 PM
Still the best imho...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-sDvltqCxo

KATO ZX7
14-08-2009, 10:30 PM
quote:Originally posted by grindella

Nice idea but complicated and expensive, on the otherhand a spung number plate is cheap and effective.
:D;)
thats the ticket

uncle pervy
15-08-2009, 06:11 PM
simple solution a hinge and spring slipstream forces the plate to move upwards, the spring pulls it back down. faster you go the higher up it flips. when your at speed limit its down. when your blasting through a multinova, its up. different springs allow for
different speeds. or a cable system. push the choke like lever and the plate flips up. that way any following coppers dont get hip to the spring thing.
well im going to be trying the spring out on my plate carrier. doesn't lift till im over 110. till then i'll just have to cop a smaller speeding fine