PDA

View Full Version : Japanese Imports

Seifer
14-11-2006, 05:19 PM
Hey guys, brand spanking new user and soon to be streetfighter upgrader. Very stoked I found this forum, great job boys.
Anyhoo, ive got a friend whos in the habit of importing parts from Japan. I was thinking about pulling in the mod parts i'd need ie swingarms, subframe Incl plastics, and a fork set. Coz well, theyre 80% cheaper. Has anyone had any experience and can i assume the parts will fit the same as buying here.

THanks again guys. :D

03gixxerpilot
14-11-2006, 05:53 PM
G'day seifer wecome to the madness that is streetfighters glad you like our site, i don't know of anybody that has experience in importing parts so cant advose you on this subject hopefully someone on this site will be able to help you out.

Cheers Clive

Kamakazebusa
14-11-2006, 06:06 PM
Hey Seifer, welcome to the Jungle......u know where u are , u gonna diiieeeee!!!!!!!!......sorry got bit carried way there. The gunners are playing in the bacground.:D:D:D:D:D

Parts should all fit dude, Japan still produce motorcycles never released in australia and even models that have been out of production for some time. But the parts are all the same. And if u get into trouble there are plenty of ppl on here with the knowledge and equipment to make it fit.

By the way, u said u got a mate in japan ,can i put in a special order....This is what i want..!!!!!!

http://www.asahina-racing.co.jp/gt_formula/index.html

The bike would be nice also but just the pipe would be fine......:D

ozkat
14-11-2006, 06:16 PM
I reckon certain engines would be a good seller.

dazz
14-11-2006, 06:21 PM
what is that bike?

That thing is great kamakaze

Kamakazebusa
14-11-2006, 08:32 PM
quote:Originally posted by dazz

what is that bike?

That thing is great kamakaze

Its fantastic isn't it!!!!!!! i luv it. Looks real tough.
[8D]
Its a Z1000, not the new model but old 70's style. They still make shit like that in Japan, (not in that spec though, thats an endurance race bike) but they where still making Katanas up till not very long ago , just like they did in the 80's......cool ha.....:D

Gix11
14-11-2006, 08:38 PM
Welcome Siefer. ....as in Loui Siefer by any chance?
Mate, the bikes here originated in Japan, why wouldn't they fit? What else can he get? There's a lot of guys interested here in an 80% discount on old parts. Here's your mate's chance to make a buck or two!

gibbo
14-11-2006, 08:42 PM
G'day Seifer, wellcome, hope you have fun here mate, hard not too really.
Parts from Japan hey[:p]:)[8D]:D

Slingblade
14-11-2006, 08:52 PM
USD forks 80% off. Where do i sign???

Seifer
14-11-2006, 09:37 PM
Awesome response guys,
I'll find out all the details and hit u guys up with some example part prices and go from there. Happy days!

WATEVR
15-11-2006, 09:06 AM
seifer i think there is a chance your everyones new best friend!!!! now friend i would like....

pt
15-11-2006, 02:15 PM
suzuki t250 hustler parts? please[8D]

p.s. gday and welcome