PDA

View Full Version : I need a dyno

megareg
09-08-2009, 10:24 PM
I have a little problem and If anyone can help, it would be appreciated.

What I need is a dyno run to check where my Kat is now, a couple of years ago I had it done and got 92 hp and I pulled 12.3 at Willowbank, I've lowered my time to 12.1 since then but since I've done my carby mod, I have a lot more pull now, to the extent that Joe (Crazymofo) was lifting the front wheel under acceleration in 3rd, so, the problem I have is that I only get the weekends off now and as I got Brisbane Motorcycles to do the dyno run last time, I cannot get to it during the weekdays, I would like to use them again, but not possible on Saturday..... without me spending a fortune on phone calls, does anybody know of a dyno in the Brisbane area that can give my Kat a check on a Saturday???? its not a tune, just a check, I need HP, Torque (with the lines crossing at 5252rpm)and Air/Fuel ratio

Cheers..

latheboy
10-08-2009, 07:53 AM
I think you should go back to Brisbane Motorcycles!!!!

There is no point using a dyno once for a check up then change things and go to another dyno.
Especially if they are different brands, as you wont get any real information thats worth while.
Different Dyno manufactures all think that they have it right, and when you look into it my bike on my Dyno gets a different HP number than on a different brand.
I have done this on the same day within half an hour and got 9 HP differance. My dyo's right his is wrong/his is right mine is wrong, what ever....
The point is "Use the same dyno ALL the time" then you will see what is happening when you change things around.

megareg
10-08-2009, 11:47 PM
Totally agree with using the same dyno, and I had a word at work and it seems that I actually get a day off a month so I will be able to get it done next week, still, if anybody knows of a place that runs a dyno on a Saturday in the Brisbane area....

Gix11
11-08-2009, 01:42 PM
Skips performance in Yatala are open I think. Look them up and give them a call Reg.

megareg
12-08-2009, 08:28 AM
Ok, I'll do that, It shouldn't take too long for just a quick run to check it....

Thanks
Reg.