PDA

View Full Version : Factory Pro jet kits

Hillsy
14-11-2006, 09:09 AM
http://www.factorypro.com/

Anyone used these? I have heard they are the only kits that really sort out low and mid range fuelling (better than Dynojet from what I've read)

My 2000 ZX9 now has a crap low end / low mid after re-jetting the mains to suit the new end can.

Slingblade
14-11-2006, 09:48 AM
I put a new end can and pods on my blade. I got it dynotuned and let my mechanic figure out the jetting. He ended up with a 160 main jet and left the needles. It fuels perfect. better than my old speed triple and it was fuel injected. The jetkits are a best guess. Factory pro put the most popular exhaust on the bike eg. akrapovic etc. . Tune it on the dyno and put the jet and needle sizes in a box and charge a fortune. The problem is you dont have an akro pipe and same conditions as when it was dyno'd it still wont be perfect. You can buy the individual jets for like 5 or 10 bucks. Get someone reputable to dynotune it and its jetted to your bike. Mine took an hour and a half labour and the cost of the jets. Money well spent.

Especially as you have used a car end can hillsy. Any jetkit could be way off.

Slingblade
14-11-2006, 09:56 AM
Also look at an ignition advancer. I put one in and was surprised at the increase in midrange. Apparently the factories retard the timing to pass emissions during compliance and the advancer puts it back to optimum. It specifically helps bottom and midrange. And drop a tooth on the front!!

Hillsy
14-11-2006, 12:47 PM
quote:Originally posted by Boris_the_Blade

Get someone reputable to dynotune it and its jetted to your bike.

I think this is the problem to be honest. I took the carbs apart on the weekend to clean / inspect and I think the only thing that my dyno guy has done is raise the floats. I hadn't had the carbs apart before this, so I don't know for sure what the original mains were, but if anything there would only be a "modest" increase in main jet size (1-4 160, 2-3 165). The BuyKawasaki US parts list says these are the standard jet sizes for USA(???).

Also what I've read is that the 2000 model ZX carbs were pricks to re-tune properly without replacement needles, and that the Factory Pro kit covers everything (needles, springs, pilots, mains, air jets).

Anyway, I'm over getting other people to work on my bikes. This guy's had 2 goes at this one and it's nowhere near better at the bottom end.

Thanks for the tip about the ignition advancer though Nathan - I will put this on the shopping list as well

Slingblade
14-11-2006, 01:39 PM
Cant really help on the 2000 model. A mate had a 98zx9 with a yoshi slip on and a k and n and after the jetting was done it went great. And sounded fuckin horn! It was one of the best sounding inline 4's i have heard. Right up there with a gixxer 11.

Hey who knows the factory pro kit might fix it completely. If you are getting Factory pro parts go through Wolf racing products in QLD. They did my Factory pro shift kit for $131 when matt mladin imports wanted $199!. They had it to me the next day as well. Great service.

pt
14-11-2006, 02:46 PM
wow. factory pro you are my heroes i just found a bunch of aftermarket stuff there that i didnt know you could get. sweeeeeet[8D]

in relation to your question, i have no idea, but if ya do go with the factory pro kit can you tell me if it does improve low and midrange, cause i'm having the same problem:(

WATEVR
14-11-2006, 03:01 PM
i have to back BTB with the ignition advancer they cost fuck all and really make a notable change if your into ringing your bikes neck!! they make them them rev alot sweeter through the mid range

unsane
14-11-2006, 04:44 PM
Cant say for your bike Hillsy, but ive got factorypro stage 3 jets in my gpz 1000 and they are great. Worked well from the first setup, lots of bottom and mid power, and crazy topend. They make top quality stuff. The kit also comes with lots of good setup and tuning info, makes it alot easier to do it yourself.

Hillsy
14-11-2006, 07:39 PM
quote:Originally posted by unsane

Cant say for your bike Hillsy, but ive got factorypro stage 3 jets in my gpz 1000 and they are great. Worked well from the first setup, lots of bottom and mid power, and crazy topend. They make top quality stuff. The kit also comes with lots of good setup and tuning info, makes it alot easier to do it yourself.

Thanks unsane - the more I read about these kits the more I think they're gonna solve my problems. There's a few testimonials on the factory pro site that give carb set-up info for my ZX9 as well, so I'm thinking it'll be money well spent......plus an advancer....

14-11-2006, 08:02 PM
you talkin stage 1 or 3 ? ignition advancer is a bonus but if ya really want ya bike to perform ya need mild cams and a flowed head.A set of 40mm mechanical flatslides can cost about the same and give a better result.

Slingblade
14-11-2006, 09:14 PM
I can vouch for the factory pro shift kits as well. My gearshift is much better since its been installed.

Seifer
18-07-2007, 02:49 PM
quote:Originally posted by Slingblade

You can buy the individual jets for like 5 or 10 bucks. Get someone reputable to dynotune it and its jetted to your bike. Mine took an hour and a half labour and the cost of the jets. Money well spent.

Rather than starting a new thread I agree with your thinking in this post slingblade and wanted to go the same route. How much did it cost you all up if you can remember to tune and get the new jets in? Whats say a standard dynojet stage 3 or factory pro kit cost on the otherhand?

cutcat
18-07-2007, 09:20 PM
Hi Hillsy, it will be interesting to know who out there has had to change their main jets on Kwaka's with the ram air gear removed.