PDA

View Full Version : ducati streetfighter vs 910r brutale reviewed

russo
07-08-2009, 12:58 AM
thought id post up some of my thoughts and experiences of these two bikes as i rode them back 2 back today

rode both bikes on the same route pretty much within 10mins of each other
nothing crazy only bout 30 mins on each in some traffic bit of a freeway to open em up
and thru some snakey backstreets

first up was "streetfighter" i dont agree with the name btw

im bout 5'10 and 110kgs for me the bars are a bit forward and low and u sit a bit on the bike
not in it
seat was comfy for the 30min run, the pegs i thought were low n the back brake lever in a weird spot i found my foot hitting the case on the right

compared to the brutale i found it long and feeling a bit on the heavy side with a fair bit of weight forward
i thought it sounded pretty good with the standard pipes
the power is very smooth it was like a big pussy cat down low but when unleashed it is very quick
the brakes were exceptional (maybe helped by engine braking) i had more confidence on the brakes than the brutale
for me the let down was handling n ergos i just wasnt comfortable on it and wasnt confident it felt long and heavy as i said, maybe in the hands of a better rider it would be better but for me was not confidence inspiring

the brutale on the other hand was spot on as soon as i sat on it the pegs were higher the bars were higher and further back and i felt that i was sitting in it not perched ontop

as i said brakes i didnt feel were as good as the duc's
and the throttle opening was fairly snatchy at times and a bit savage

the exhaust is much quieter but the induction sound is as horn as ive ever heard
and when opened up is a devastatingly quick bike

the biggest selling point for me was the way it handled it is dead set on rails and while it is a super aggressive brutal bike i was instantly comfortable on it and it inspired confidence

the mirrors are useless on either bike and both gearboxes are awesome(however i did get 2 false neutrals on the duc)

for my personal taste i prefer the looks of the brutale 2 the streetfighter

i reccomend taking them out for a spin the duc was only the base model they quoted me 26k rideaway and the brutale was the up spec r model and quoted 23k rideaway

thought id share this with whoever can be bothered reading as im thinking of purchasing the brutale

Gix11
07-08-2009, 11:43 AM
Nice work mate, and exactly as I expected.

Tony Nitrous
07-08-2009, 11:47 AM
Good to hear from someone's who's done a back-to-back.

I looked at the Brutale as well. Not bad,
but it didn't suit my needs like big jap-4.

ralph
07-08-2009, 09:40 PM
very nice. Is now the time to suggest something like a comparo section, to encourage further banter on this sort of crap.
Maybe....gsx125 vs gsx1250. Zero difference