PDA

View Full Version : Advice anyone??

Fizzgigg
02-08-2009, 10:23 PM
Hey, ive got a few questions that i need answering as im shopping 4 parts that i dont really have a clue about.
ok 1st, im interested in the attack "predator" headlight unit 4 my Hyosung GT650R, does this unit come with the lights n everything to fit or is it just a unit?
2nd, i want bar end mirrors, if i buy a pair will they fit straight on or do i need 2 buy separate connection?

latheboy
03-08-2009, 06:59 AM
Dont know about the mirrors and i think you should ask the seller of the light unit about the globes... Prob wont come with mounting brackets

stu
03-08-2009, 09:50 AM
Most headlight units I have seen don't come with mounting brackets unless it specifically says so. Always ask before you buy. The only dumb question,(within reason),is the one you don't ask and then costs you more $$$$.:(

Gix11
03-08-2009, 07:03 PM
Not many generic fitment lights come with mounting brackets mate. Unless is specifies bike specific you can pretty much guarantee you'll have to make up your own brackets or mounting system. It's not hard to do either if you've got a creative mind.

Bar end mirrors usually come with a selection of fitments as they fit most size bars. Are you putting them into MX/flat bars or do you want them for clip-ons? clip-ons are a different story.

80s freak
03-08-2009, 10:45 PM
Originally by Stu "The only dumb question,(within reason)," HA HA! to true.

Fizzgigg
04-08-2009, 02:22 PM
well now that ive been looking a bit more i think the bar end internal indicators with the bar end clip on mirrors might be good, probably going 2 go with a set of fat bars. I looked into the headlight unit and yes ive got 2 buy separate fork clamps.
Another problem ive run into is my top yoke n dash, because my bike id the fully fared R model with the low sports style bars do i need 2 replace the yoke and get the naked Hyosung dash? or is there other options [ keeping in mind that im not familier with the mechanical side of things ] and as far as indicators, mirrors, bars, headlight unit are these items something that i could put on at home with a basic toolbox? [ once ive got top yoke n dash put on that is ]

latheboy
04-08-2009, 02:33 PM
Go here and look through these threads for info on the triple clamp.
There are more these are just the first ones i grabbed.
Or do a search
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15825&SearchTerms=clamp

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13323&SearchTerms=clamp

It will save you money if you drill it instead of buying one

oldskool
04-08-2009, 11:11 PM
The best advice I could give you is sell your Hyosung and buy a Japanese motorcycle.

Fizzgigg
05-08-2009, 01:18 PM
Yeh i know, this is just my babies 1st project till i pay it off then i move on 2 speed triple or r1:D