PDA

View Full Version : SOS bike recovery!

damo1
27-07-2009, 07:39 AM
<center>http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1248749635.gif</center>

Fuck after my mishap with my bike going back a couple of weeks and thinking how the fuck am i gonna get home from here, and spending $118 on a cab ride and then having all the fuck around of having to go back the next day to get my bike.

I only found out yesterday that Jockney rebel and weasal have started up a bike recovery business call "SOS".

They say they'll come and help you out and if they can't get you back on the road they'll transport you and your bike for a fare price.

And it turned out that fare price would have been cheaper than my cab ride.

Next time i know now i'm in the loop.

They do every where from Wollongong to Newcastle and every where in between.

Just letting the rest of the guys & gals know if they already don't, like i didn't.

Maybe you boys could do a post out of some cards to members and stick up some info about your great business on this site for others.

If you get caught my first call would be to "SOS"

Well done boys on a great idea and hopefully i won't need to use you in the furture, but if i need help again i'll be calling.

-Dex-
27-07-2009, 08:32 AM
That's an awesome idea. Will definitely be passing it on. Is there a specific business number to call or is it just the guys mobiles?

damo1
27-07-2009, 08:36 AM
Mate the card reads:

SOS motorcycle recovery

Sydney : 0420 435 938 (Weasal)

Central coast : 0420 436 039 (Jockney rebel)

hooligan
27-07-2009, 10:59 AM
I had to call weasel on Friday.
Turn on the bike, hit the starter and the ignition would turn off. Weasel took it to RB Racing for me, and they traced it to a loose earth wire in the remote control unit.

Good price, fast service, ugly driver.

sen
27-07-2009, 11:51 AM
Weasel saved me a couple weeks back too.. got my crippled overdressed bike back home for me. Definitely keep their numbers in your phone.

JackTar
27-07-2009, 11:52 AM
I called them out and they wanted to fuck me in the bus, said business was slow and they wanted to have Jim and Weasels BangBus.

Oh and before anyone asks they are both shit roots.

KATO ZX7
27-07-2009, 08:40 PM
Thats cool as, but do you always get a happy ending??
;)

Jockney Rebel
27-07-2009, 10:58 PM
for you dear always .........from "the good looking one " lol cheers blokes S.o.S coming to a town near you soon lol thanks to Si [gix]for an awesome logo

fimpBIKES
28-07-2009, 09:26 AM
yeah, i would use ya

but si didnt put my bike on the logo so.... [:P]

zedsled
28-07-2009, 11:29 AM
Am currently setting up an old ambulance as bike transporter/ mobile workshop for my own bikes, maybe able to offer same deal in Brissy soon

Tony Nitrous
28-07-2009, 11:42 AM
quote:Originally posted by zedsled

Am currently setting up an old ambulance as bike transporter/ mobile workshop for my own bikes, maybe able to offer same deal in Brissy soon

I was just going to post that !

Who going to open the Brissy branch ? or something similar ?

Shadowzone
28-07-2009, 04:06 PM
I'm looking at it for Brisbane. Based out of Redcliffe will work from Tweed Heads to Goondiwindi in the sth west to Toowoomba to Monto and Maryborough in the north or further if necessary.

Just need to get the moteur in the transit van replaced after the auto lecky (cocksucking cunt) left a plug loose and it popped out drained the radiator and my bro cooked the donk driving home unawares (yep he's a fuckwit too for not watching the guages).

Shouldn't be too long before I'm good to go though. Maybe another month or so.

Jockney Rebel
28-07-2009, 10:58 PM
quote:Originally posted by zedsled

ill fire work up to you guys from any of my customers heading your way ...when you get sorted send me some cards etc and ill get a national register going
we should form an association so that we can get recognised by the RTA,state road authorities ..[ ive had erm "discussions " with the local towies lol] im going for my towie licence soon but ive been "informed " i wont be likely to get any work from the established towies ..so im gonna circumvent them and go straight to the ins companies and the RTA if neccesary
theres definitlty a market for this ....

sen
29-07-2009, 09:58 AM
I can definitely send you guys some business in Syd.. mostly bikes being carted between workshops etc. I grabbed a few cards off Weasel so i'll pass them out.

Tony Nitrous
29-07-2009, 02:11 PM
Can you not make it to long for the Brissy one,

Im starting to make a habit of it........

http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/2581/radi3.jpg

Shadowzone
29-07-2009, 02:30 PM
No worries Tony I'll see if I can get it done sooner for ya.

Tony Nitrous
29-07-2009, 02:52 PM
Just for the guy's doing this / thinking of....

Malaney to Alexandra Hill's.
RACQ wanted $367 (and im a member)
Bike Tow Brisbane wanted $250.

I squeezed the core, banged on some exhaust gum-gum,
bought a bottle of water and limped home.

yeah, yeah, i know...dumb arse. No radiator guard.
I did both my Busa's, its on my to-do list..........:D

Shadowzone
29-07-2009, 03:34 PM
Tony I would have priced Goondiwindi to Brisbane at $440 based on heading out there and back to collect the bike and rider.

Tony Nitrous
29-07-2009, 03:46 PM
quote:Originally posted by Shadowzone

Tony I would have priced Goondiwindi to Brisbane at $440 based on heading out there and back to collect the bike and rider.

Goondiwindi to Alexandra Hills is
368.4km Time: 4hr 10min (approx)

My quotes were for.....
Malaney to Alexandra Hills
Distance: 113.6km Time: 1hr 26min (approx)

RACQ wanted $500+ to bring me back from Warwick,
Distance: 180km Time: 2hr 7min (approx)
lucky I dropped onto a towie that had just took a Subaru back
to Warwick with a burnt out clutch so he got me home for $100
as he live just down the road.

Jockney Rebel
29-07-2009, 08:44 PM
we do 100ks for approx $200 thats our 24hr service anytime 7days aweek [the only time its more is during a public holiday ] we are predominantly a recovery/roadside repair service on booked transport we cant really compete with the likes of fergusons ....so we dont but then again they woudnt come out ona rainy night to pick you up or fix yer puncture or find yer keys or get you home from the pub cos yer pissed lol ..or pick yer bike up from work for its service and get it back to you before you have to ride home

Jockney Rebel
29-07-2009, 08:46 PM
quote:Originally posted by sen

I can definitely send you guys some business in Syd.. mostly bikes being carted between workshops etc. I grabbed a few cards off Weasel so i'll pass them out.
ta sen mate :)

Jockney Rebel
10-12-2010, 12:49 AM
..Update ..i will be forming a recovery group with annual memberships [like the nmra] and launching sometime in the new year
Initially just covering the NSW coastline [50 to 100kms inland ] but as the members roll in we will be extending that
looks like the memberships will be around the $70 mark for a year

Were still working out the details but this will generally cover you for at least 100kms radius of the breakdown
and will cover you obviuosly not the bike.... you can ride any bike you like and well pick you up
other issues were working on are of course group discounts etc etc

im getting membership packs made up which will include some goodies and a rubberised embossed keyring with your membership number on it ...and a 1800 number
depending on how fast and how many members join up will dictate how fast we can expand into the rural areas and franchise interstate

This will be a unique service which WILL NOT be using traditional tow trucks and your bike will be handled by experienced operators most of whom have MVRIA tickets for roadside assist
Currently im looking for operators [who have an established area]in the following regions [these regions are not cast in stone anywhere near any of these wil be considered we all know the roads that need cover ] :
Woolongong
Grafton
Tathra
Goulburn
and later dubbo bathurst etc etc
the ops im looking for will have :
a working knowledge of motorcycles/trade cert preferrably a rider
current liabilty ins and goods in transit ins

basic equipment required:
reliable vehicle [van preferred but a ute and trailer acceptable with 3 metre bed]
some form of front wheel chock system,
jump pack ,25 ltr fuel carrier,tyre plug kit[s],basic hand tools,multi meter
contact me on 0420436039 for further info or to recommend people
thanks guys soon youll have your very own
National Motorcycle Recovery Association lol

RevHead
10-12-2010, 05:48 AM
im on board youve got my areas mapped out port mac to urunga

Jockney Rebel
10-12-2010, 10:38 AM
yeah mate ill be doing a coverage map shortly

Jockney Rebel
16-04-2011, 10:47 AM
ok update so far ......
coverage has just been increased to cover the south coast[of nsw] and sydney west out to Campbelltown and surrounds
so to recap we have
sydney metro ,
sydney west and south ,
sydney north and central coast ,
newcastle and surrounds
macksville and surrounds

brisbane nrth and south

as far as transport goes looks like i have a regular run to brissy from syd and maybe vic borders too

rod185651
16-04-2011, 11:44 AM
Hey Jim, how far south? Are you guys covering Illawarra now mate?

Jockney Rebel
16-04-2011, 11:26 PM
i have a dude whos based in campbelltown and he reckons he can cover the south coast hes only done one job so far but that worked out ok so ...