PDA

View Full Version : strange request

ozzy1100
26-07-2009, 09:20 PM
sorry boys this is a strange request and one i would rather not make.
my uncle was a founding menber of the rebals in qld in the late 60s and 70s so i quess u could say he was a old boy, this was in the time before all the bull that happens now.... some of my fondest mems as a kid is him with my arnty on the back of his 140 hp kwaka 9 rolling down our driveway in leather than the sound of those pipes as they left in the only style he knew fast lol
well we lost him the other day and i have been asked if ill be one of the few bikes 2 esort him as he will be on a bike herse from kingaroy 2 blackbut (south east qld) my prob is the only bike i have a monemt is wifes vt 750 and while he did like the bike (i think it was because my 5 foot tall wife could ride it so well lol) i dont feel it would do him justuse ..... so if any 1 has a mod bike or tuff clasic (he loved all the stuff id tell him about the stuff we do now and he would tell me how they did it all before lol over beers) that i could use for the day i would be very greatfull.... it is this comeing friday and no matter what ill ride and i know this is a lot 2 ask from some1 but im sure i could get u the copies of pics of us on ride if u wanted(he was allways a load barsted so i dont think he would mind lol )
so like i said its a strange request for some 1 in the local area thanks

BANDITROD
26-07-2009, 09:24 PM
mate if i was up that way i would have given you my bike for a day in a heartbeat ....sorry to hear of your loss mate

ozzy1100
26-07-2009, 09:27 PM
np thks for the thought rod lol
he lived a bit like bon scot so u cant help but feel it was 2 soon
but know it couldnt last

Gix11
27-07-2009, 02:41 PM
When is it mate?

Slain
27-07-2009, 04:35 PM
post says this friday si :)
if i had the fighter together i would mate but i only have the motard running at the moment.
sorry for your loss

Gix11
27-07-2009, 04:43 PM
Shit, I missed that. If you can get down the coast and keep an eye on the oil leak on the cam cover as well (might ruin your clothing mate? - I need to get it fixed just don't have time or space just now) then you can borrow my bike.

ozzy1100
27-07-2009, 06:42 PM
yer its this friday 31 thanks so much for the offer si
ive got a few days so ill see how i go but might have 2 take u up
cheers lynton 0416 220118

rock hard
27-07-2009, 10:44 PM
hey mate sorry for the loss of your uncle,no disrespect but i think your uncle would be happy if you just rode,no matter what bike,cause its an honour to him if you go..sincerely morry

Jockney Rebel
27-07-2009, 10:55 PM
do him justice mate good luck

80s freak
28-07-2009, 08:16 AM
Ride with pride mate.

papa smurf
28-07-2009, 06:23 PM
Sorry for your loss Lynton,
I know a few of the Reb's & they're all good blokes.
One of the original founding members even had the exact same name as mine.
Ride with pride mate & as already said, do him proud.

ozzy1100
06-08-2009, 07:01 PM
thanks all heaps boys
and thank u si that was a very generus of u and one i will not forget
sorry i didnt get back 2 u on it as all went 2 shit lol(only takes one 2 fuck every thing up and make it harder for every 1 else)
i took a mates new z 1000 and rode him right down next 2 the grave than we all fucked off 2 the pub and had a drink and a laph in his honer
i can only hope that when i go i go in such stile and so many poeple wishing well on my final ride
and mister smurf i might have 2 buy u a beer one day and find out if u knew him
any way cheers al or yr well wishes