PDA

View Full Version : Single sider Question

latheboy
10-11-2006, 02:35 PM
There has been a few pics lately of single sider converions and its got me fucked how to tension the chain .. Is there a cam built into the wheel hub ? or do you have to wait for the sun earth and the moon to be in alinment to fit it while hooping on one foot .. anyone know better ?

God
10-11-2006, 02:49 PM
Optoin 2.

rasper
10-11-2006, 06:19 PM
Had this same problem when i purchased my VFR after a bit of searching this is what i found hope it helps mate
Easier than a convenional swingarm setup. No need to worry about wheel alignment.

First in your bike's tool kit you should have a large C - spanner.

Start with putting the bike on the centre stand
2. turn the back wheel by hand 360 degrees three or four times litely deflecting the chain up at the minpoint.
3. Astablish the amount of deflection and correct to 30 - 40mm. Better a little more than less.
4. Depending on model there will be a 14 or 17mm bolt head at the rear top of the swingarm. Undo this bolt anti-clockwise 2 turns.
5. You will notice at the rear of the swingarm there is a notched wheel. This wheel is turned forwards or backwards with your C-spanner depending on weather you require to loosen or tighten the chain. Its an excentric cam.

latheboy
13-11-2006, 11:57 AM
thanks god .. youve cleared it all up for me now ... no wait whats that you say rasper ... thanks man