PDA

View Full Version : polishing sux.. but.. it looks great!

crazymofo
09-11-2006, 05:44 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/midnitebomma/accidentdamage005.jpg

now for the intercooler, plenum, and wheels [xx(]

cheers.joe.

09-11-2006, 05:59 PM
Nice

Iceman
09-11-2006, 06:28 PM
Are they the standard forks Joe?

crazymofo
09-11-2006, 06:35 PM
yeah 92 gixxer items, with re-valved,re-sprung- fully rebuilt basicly

they came up a treat, spent a few hours working on them, smoothing them out, getting rid of machining marks, then got them to a bright finish, and then let a pro finish them off, thats how i done it all really, so total bill was $240 for the parts you see. still... sucks to even get them to "bright" finsh.. so much time put in!

cheers.joe.

fimpBIKES
09-11-2006, 08:04 PM
get a bench grinder and deck it out with calico mops
works SOOOO well :D

crazymofo
10-11-2006, 02:22 PM
i got all that gear at work, but am never happy with the outcomes i get, so i take them to a pro to finish them off..

i have a proper buffing machine at work... it stands 5ft tall and does 16,000rpm!! its great, but not good for the fiddly stuff, and i suck at it, too inconsistant in the polishing.

cheers.joe.,

PS.fimp you still have that iggy advancer for the sv? if so how much for it??

EXBEN
10-11-2006, 03:41 PM
Good to see some progress Joe. Are we gonna see this thing at AFR next year??

TurboKat
10-11-2006, 03:52 PM
MMMMMMMM.... Shiny goodness [:p]
Ain't nothin in the world looks as good as polished Aloo min umm! 'cept maybe for pussy ;)*
You got a top system for your polishing Joe, but I can streamline it even further for you.
Fuck the doing half of it yourself & then having a Pro finish it off, cut out the middleman (you) & get the Pros to do the whole thankless motherfucker of a job for you!!!!!!! See..... Brilliant Eh? (pardon the pun)
I can certainly recommend doing it this way, I worked out that time IS money & I was better off earning a quid for the time I would otherwise be sanding & polishing & more sanding & more polishing & guess what?... It worked out about the same to pay the experts to do it right & you don't have to have black snot for a week! (I'm like you mate, I can get it nice & shiny on the fine wheel but can't seem to get any consistancy happening)
It also leaves more time for custom fabrication of trick bits & that's what it's all about* [:p]

*Views expressed are not necessarily those of STREETFIGHTERS everywhere, they remain the sole property of TurboKat Inc.
That'll be 2c please...... cash or card?

crazymofo
10-11-2006, 04:08 PM
id love to have a pro do it for me turbo.. but theres a problem.. this is a budget build.. i havent even cracked 2500 bux for all the mods yet! lol

also, im of the veiw do all you can yaself, farm out what you cant.. so far all thats been farmed out is the chassis alignment, the intercooler tank welding (cbf doing it myself lol), and the final polishing , the rest ive done in my back yard

cheers.joe.

crazymofo
10-11-2006, 04:12 PM
quote:Originally posted by EXBEN

Good to see some progress Joe. Are we gonna see this thing at AFR next year??

yep sure will. 100% completed, albeit on a trailer, since i still wont have my licence back by then.

so no complete bike piccies till then :P haha

cheers.joe.

cammy9r
10-11-2006, 08:28 PM
they do look great, almost a shame to put them on the bike as they would look good on display on a mantlepiece. Got to be better than the tatt the missus has all over the place.
Wonder if there is a market for man ornaments????.........

.....Ahhg what was i thinking, get them on the bike, get it ready and kick the shit out of it. :)

crazymofo
10-11-2006, 09:10 PM
quote:Originally posted by cammy9r

.....Ahhg what was i thinking, get them on the bike, get it ready and kick the shit out of it. :)

amen brother amen haha

cheers.joe.

10-11-2006, 11:01 PM
This will be a contender for best backyard build at AFR next year.For all you blistered polishers out there,"Lightning Shine" and a 7" or 9" foam buff wheel. Makes 400 grit highly polished in under 10 minutes.