PDA

View Full Version : New bike, help a noob get started!

MaCkCiTy
16-07-2009, 05:04 PM
Hey guys, I bought a bike (94 YZF600r) on Monday and now I'd like to get into Streetfightering it. So can you help me out with what I need to know! :D

I live on the Gold Coast (Surfers Paradise)and know nothing!

So any mechanics you'd recommend, I need to get a RWC.

Also, what's the basic shopping list I'll need to nude it up?

Cheers, Charles.

Cruisecontrol
16-07-2009, 05:16 PM
Read through this thread in its entirety:

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7482

Decide what look you want before you just start chopping changing things.

Gix11
17-07-2009, 03:09 PM
Do the RWC first mate. Go to The Motorcycle Performance & Tyre Shop on Lawrence Drive in Nerang and speak to Ricky and Andy, mention you're from ASF and that Si sent you and they'll sort you out. Once you have the RWC cert its time for the next stage.

OZ750L
17-07-2009, 10:11 PM
Charles,

My little brother might be interested in taking any of your fairings that you don't want off your hands. PM me and let me know.

caotic
19-07-2009, 08:28 PM
hey mate sent you a message but check my old fighta out 94 yzf 750

check it out man more than happy to hep, did everthing myself ecept paint

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15646

oh yeah and welcome

The crow
21-07-2009, 07:37 PM
definately do as si said and get the rwc first. once you get it home and have that rego sticker on it then it's time to play, that way then your little adaptations won't get looked upon so harshly even if they are up to par

MaCkCiTy
22-07-2009, 07:16 PM
Cool cool, thanks all! I'll have to get onto it, works been crazy recently! Will let you all know how it goes.

As for plans for the bike, I've got a pretty serious crush on what the hooligan did to his CBR. I want to do something similar to that.

OZ750L, will let you when the plastics start comming off!

caotic, do you have your number plate at that angle to beat speed/red light cameras? The guy with the first R6 I looked at had that going on and said that's why he did it...

Cheers, Charles

Hillsy
23-07-2009, 12:05 AM
quote:Originally posted by MaCkCiTy

As for plans for the bike, I've got a pretty serious crush on what the hooligan did to his CBR. I want to do something similar to that.

Then you DEFINITELY want to get the bike RWC'd before you start cutting

caotic
02-08-2009, 08:00 PM
yeah man the higher the better, NEVER BEEN BOOKED!!!!!!
hey i have some bar risers we machined left over. if your interested...let me know, ps the acewell unit is the best shit ever man worth the cash...............

if anyoine else wants some risers i have plenty (without bolts)