PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket Fairings? Austalian

Gsxar
14-07-2009, 09:16 PM
I know a SWEAR word fairings [:p] But has anyone dealt with http://www.onlinetorque.com.au ?
I'm looking at getting a set of fairings from them, my main concern was correct fitting and when I him rang he assured me they fit like originals ?
The part I like is I can customize them to what I want [:p]

kevkatana
14-07-2009, 09:47 PM
Cheap arse chinese recycled plastic crap by the looks of it Jo. I've heard they don't fit very well. Just source the genuine fairings you need off the bay of E and get uncle gibbo to paint them for ya;)

Gsxar
14-07-2009, 10:08 PM
Ment to be Australian made Kev - that's why I can change the sticker patterns etc and design my own

Large
14-07-2009, 10:30 PM
quote:Originally posted by Gsxar

Ment to be Australian made Kev - that's why I can change the sticker patterns etc and design my own

There's no fucking way these bits are made in Aus.

They are way tooo cheap and shiney

[:p]

kevkatana
14-07-2009, 10:36 PM
I doubt there is a company in Aus that has made the injection moulding tooling to make all those different fairings for such a cheap price. Aussie company/made in China. Wouldn't be suprised if there is a provence over there named "Australian". Shifty buggers they are. If ya get them let us all know what they are like.

Jockney Rebel
14-07-2009, 10:52 PM
Jo if your after good fairngs cheap check out this guy SBR fibreglass..0413194992/43882233 hes about to make a set of RS250 fairngs for jeff wares[RAPID Bikes} race bike he sells CBr 250RR rep fairngs on ebay at the moment amongst others and he can tailor them to suit you for about $400 all the mounting points are strengthened with carbonfibre they are extremely light and strong.

BANDITROD
14-07-2009, 11:17 PM
ask mishdog20 about cheap fairings he told me they were fucking shithouse

OZ750L
14-07-2009, 11:30 PM
Gsxar, like they say, cheap and nasty. Better to hunt originals on eBay and have them repaired and resprayed. Also, haven't forgot you with the pipe etc but been flat out doing a bit of other stuff.

Jockney Rebel
15-07-2009, 01:02 AM
..also like they said ..those cheap chinese fairings are naff

BANDITROD
15-07-2009, 06:50 AM
quote:Originally posted by OZ750L

Gsxar, like they say, cheap and nasty. Better to hunt originals on eBay and have them repaired and resprayed. Also, haven't forgot you with the pipe etc but been flat out doing a bit of other stuff.
;)

EXBEN
15-07-2009, 09:24 AM
Jo you can't go past Racers Edge fiberglass fairings for quality.
http://www.racersedge.com.au/index.html

Jockney Rebel
15-07-2009, 09:42 PM
i heard they were packin up ben ?..

sickboy
15-07-2009, 09:54 PM
http://www.wet4uracing.com.au/
in WA but.

EXBEN
16-07-2009, 06:41 PM
quote:Jockney Rebel Posted - 15 Jul 2009 : 21:42:34
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i heard they were packin up ben ?..
Dunno, but they make nice glass...

Gsxar
16-07-2009, 08:58 PM
I wanted them mainly because of getting them quick to get the biked rego'd,I really need to learn some patients, think I might go back to naked to start ;) F

sharky
16-07-2009, 09:51 PM
quote:think I might go back to naked to start F
You just know thats the best way ;)

Lewis Moto
16-07-2009, 10:40 PM
quote:Originally posted by sickboy

http://www.wet4uracing.com.au/
in WA but.

Save yourself the money and cut out the middleman - Wet Middle Finger source direct from www.Handcraftfibreglass.com add a bit more and then on sell them to unsuspecting punters.

Tony Nitrous
17-07-2009, 04:08 PM
http://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/showthread.php?tid=12810

Gsxar
18-07-2009, 08:30 AM
Of course your all right :D There not made in Australia. But I rang the guy up and he was pretty helpful so I have been sending emails asking lots of questions before getting any.

Here is what he had to say
To answer your questions.

1. Although we are located in Australia we import, sell and distribute fairings that are made for us by a manufacturer who is based overseas. We have been working with this manufacturer for some time and this allows us to keep our costs low and pass the savings onto our customers.

2. As they are made from mould based on the originals they will fit the same as factory fairings. We do always recommend getting a mechanic to install them to insure proper fitment.

3. We are located about 2 hours out of Melbourne, but as our kits are shipped direct from our manufacturer to the customer we do not keep unwanted stock lying around. This ensures we can keep overheads down and again pass on the savings to our customers.

I have not had any problems with fitment as they are based on the original factory fairings, I understand what you mean about being burnt by suppliers overseas and I have had trouble in the past myself. I have been working with my supplier for a long time and I find that Aussies feel a bit better about dealing with an Aussie.

The only problems I have come across with customers are if they get damaged during transit . The kits are packaged well and protected, but these things can still happen. As the kits are insured all I need is pictures of the box and the damage on the kits and I can organise a replacement for you at no charge.

Let me know if there is anything else that I can do to help.

Iceman
18-07-2009, 09:32 AM
Booster was getting race fairings made buy some guy in Wangaratta, not sure what the company was, but he was happy with the quality and price.

Booster
18-07-2009, 11:29 AM
Zaks, brought on ebay for my R! , runout special at $500
http://www.whitepages.com.au/wp/li/zaks-fairings-fibreglass--wangaratta-vic-V07W.html
good fit,but if there not made for a streetbike i wouldn't waste my time trying to adapt fibreglass.
probably worth a visit to the importer and checkout the quality. also a bit of a thread about these type of abs fairings on the gixxer.com site

Stocky
19-07-2009, 08:19 AM
I'd like a CF fairing for a K1/2 GSXR1000 too if anyone knows where I can get one ?