PDA

View Full Version : NOYES MOTORCYCLES "have gone into receivership"

MONO
13-07-2009, 11:43 AM
Just found out today that all four stores of Noyes Motorcycles (Ipswich, Caboolture, Brendale & Lismore)went into receivership on Friday. I had some fork seals on order with them - looks like I won't be getting them then :(

RUSS M8
13-07-2009, 01:03 PM
Lucky it was only fork seals! Not a paid for bike or sumfink...
Amazing how many shops are really struggling at the moment...

Zed14
13-07-2009, 04:01 PM
lismore shop was closed today wondered why.

80s freak
13-07-2009, 08:41 PM
Another one bites the dust, it's happening all over the place.

suxukifreak
13-07-2009, 09:17 PM
Sounds like they had a bad rep anyway.

This only one story i found...

I dealt with the Ipswich store a couple of times. Never again.

I was looking for a new roadie and wanted to have a look at a new model CBR. They didn't have one in stock but had them turning up in a few days apparently. Gave the salesman my number and he wrote it in his diary, but didn't hear from them for about 4 weeks. I bought elsewhere by this time.

He finally rang and i told them i bought elsewhere and i wasn't interested anymore. The salesman told me that i had agreed to buy it and he got it in especially for me. I asked for a copy of the sales contract and my signature and he said "i don't have that yet but you verbally agreed"

Told him to get stuffed and take me to court. I didn't organise anything apart from a look when they arrived. They then rang twice a week for the next month dropping the price and offering deals.
Told them to stop calling and eventually i had to visit the store manager and tell him to stop his staff calling me and if they persisted i would make life hell for them. It was then it all stopped.

Sad to see people out of work but they would never get my business with the way it was run.

StuNVA
14-07-2009, 02:59 PM
Where abouts is / was their shop in Lismore ?

fimpBIKES
14-07-2009, 05:23 PM
a shop in heatherbrae went under last week too...

whale
14-07-2009, 08:25 PM
Lismore shop was south of the bridge at the start of the Bruxner on the way out of town.

Jay_G
16-07-2009, 03:27 PM
quote:Originally posted by fimpBIKES

was that the one that was selling cagivas? only opened about 18 months ago?

StuNVA
16-07-2009, 06:30 PM
quote:Originally posted by whale

Lismore shop was south of the bridge at the start of the Bruxner on the way out of town.

The Triumph dealer or the next one down ?

fimpBIKES
17-07-2009, 12:52 PM
quote:Originally posted by Jay_G

quote:Originally posted by fimpBIKES

was that the one that was selling cagivas? only opened about 18 months ago?

yeah, too much instore i think
and the mechanic that they had there at the start sucked (not sure if they fucked him off or not)

just bad timing i think

old gsxrr
18-07-2009, 07:17 PM
any of you fellas from lismore know Kevin Poole he'd be about 55 had guzzies when i worked with him in bris

Tony Nitrous
22-07-2009, 10:25 AM
Revhedz kawasaki closed this week too.

whale
22-07-2009, 04:44 PM
Small world............. If its the same Kevie Poole, he was a good mate of a good mate and I used to run with him a bit in my old Brisbane days. I havn't seen him for years.
He works for the railways and lives up at Dunoon these days ( hills north of Lismore ). My mate tells me that he still rattles around on a KLR 650.

whale
22-07-2009, 04:45 PM
It was the Triumph / Honda dealer

Shadowzone
26-07-2009, 04:50 PM
Couldn't have happened to a nicer Cunt.

Didn't he send UTO Broke years ago as well?

Tony Nitrous
12-08-2009, 05:37 PM
City Yamaha near the Gabba are closing too.

johnpro2
30-10-2009, 03:40 PM
I was speaking to the local Suzuki/Yamaha dealer here.He informed me that Noyes owes him $14,000 for accessories never paid for.

He was most unhappy as you could imagine. The only upside is that he should pick up some of Noyes business as he is the only mainline dealer in town now.

He also mentioned in passing that someone he knows is owed $350,000 by the Hoyes group. Enough to make a fully grown man cry.

Grays on line recently actioned everything on 15 october 2009.i missed the action .Would love to know what some of the stuff went for.
Some real bargains I would suggest ...although buyer beware ....no warrantly whatsoever.

Jp
Caboolture