PDA

View Full Version : GSXR electrical issues

guzziracer
12-07-2009, 05:47 PM
My 86 Gsxr race /road bike has a strange electrical issue.. Runs, idles, accelerates beauifully. If i put on the blinker and or headlight the bike will idle for a few secs then he revs drop and it stalls. its a little difficult to re start if the blinker/headlight is left turned on,, Starts perfrctly if they are turned off.. It seems to have no issue when running at normal road speed. It has new Dyna 2000 ignition/Dyna 3 ohm coils/dyna ignition wires/ new odysey battery.. It had this problem before the ignition system and battery was replaced.I have checked earths and all sems ok.. running around a steady 14.8 volts on the volt metre at 4,000 to 5,ooo rpm . guzziracer

guzziracer
16-07-2009, 07:32 PM
Just a guess would be of some help.. I'm stumped.. Did notice that the revs also drop slightly on my 86 gsxr1100 when the headlights are turned on at idle.. nothing like the 750 stalling with a blinker turned on though.

Guzziracer

evilkarl
16-07-2009, 07:41 PM
Rev's dropping when headlights turn on suggest the alternator is probably seen better days. Maybe take it along to an auto sparky, get it tested.

grindella
11-08-2009, 10:11 PM
more than likely a fucked diode on the diode plate in the alternator. good luck getting it fixed.