PDA

View Full Version : Anyone able to help move my bike? or know someone?

sen
12-07-2009, 04:30 PM
Blew the rear tire leaving work on friday, they lock the place up til monday so it's been stuck there in our carpark. [B)]

I just need it moved from Sydney CBD to Erskineville. 10 mins away.

If anyone has a ute/trailer that can help me monday arvo/evening i'm happy to pay, shout a case, whatever.. or if you know someone who does this stuff can I have the number?

Otherwise i'll just call up a flatbed I guess.

Another argument to the missus on why I <s>want</s> need a ute. :(

Fight_fan
12-07-2009, 04:36 PM
Jockney Reb or Weasel mate! SOS motorcycle recovery!

sen
12-07-2009, 04:47 PM
This mob? http://sosmotorcyclerecovery.vpweb.com.au/

Seifer
12-07-2009, 06:07 PM
Do you have a car? If you get desperate hire a trailer from a servo, the bigger ones are better. Youll need someone to help you lift the bike up tho.

ozkat
12-07-2009, 06:40 PM
I cant belive that someone in Sydney cant spare an hour of their time to give this bloke a hand, looks like ASF is going the same way as the the rest of motorcyclists, no one gives a fuck. Mate id give you a hand but im in QLD.

BANDITROD
12-07-2009, 07:28 PM
quote:Originally posted by sen

This mob? http://sosmotorcyclerecovery.vpweb.com.au/

yep thats them mate they will look after you i am sure

rod185651
12-07-2009, 08:35 PM

Blew the rear tire leaving work on friday, they lock the place up til monday so it's been stuck there in our carpark. [B)]

I just need it moved from Sydney CBD to Erskineville. 10 mins away.

If anyone has a ute/trailer that can help me monday arvo/evening i'm happy to pay, shout a case, whatever.. or if you know someone who does this stuff can I have the number?

Otherwise i'll just call up a flatbed I guess.

Another argument to the missus on why I <s>want</s> need a ute. :(

Mate I haven't got a car or ute but I've got spanners, would be happy to ride over after work and give you a hand to remove the back wheel so you can get a new tyre. If you need a hand I will help ya put it back on when you replace the tyre. My number is 0416513076

Bear
12-07-2009, 09:27 PM
quote:Originally posted by ozkat

I cant belive that someone in Sydney cant spare an hour of their time to give this bloke a hand, looks like ASF is going the same way as the the rest of motorcyclists, no one gives a fuck. Mate id give you a hand but im in QLD.

Jumping in a bit early there man. I only saw this post tonight (Sunday), otherwise I may have been able to help. Lotsa things to do on a weekend and Shitney isn't the easiest place to get around even on a good day. Especially compared to Brisbane.

Jockney Rebel
12-07-2009, 11:34 PM
sen we 're 24 hours in sydney and the central coast numbers 0420435938 Andy hes in bondi
we do roadside repairs too so he can plug yer tyre till you get it fixed perm ,store the number mate and treat us like the NMRA for bikes cept we know what we re doing lol

sen
13-07-2009, 12:17 AM
Thanks for the replies everyone.

rod185651 thanks for the offer, appreciate it heaps.. prob is I don't have cash for a new tyre atm, so swapping it out on the spot isn't an option. Thanks though.

Jockney Rebel, ta, will give a call tomorrow from work and try organize a time. A plug would be sweet for now, it's just my commuter. Just wanna get it home and on a stand so I can wait til next pay and sort out a new tyre.

Seifer
13-07-2009, 01:55 PM
I'd help but my daily drive is a 72 mini, cant see that carrying much...
Maybe even go to MCAS and pick up a tire repair kit with a Co2 cylinder. Would be enough to get you home. They are easy enough to use too....

scotty
13-07-2009, 02:26 PM
I'd hate to burst any bubble's here but WTF....
When i was a courier i had a little tool that can magicly repair tyre's. It's called a puncture repair kit, Cost's fuk all and is so quick to use when i had a puncture i would pull over and 3 sec later i was back on the road...
There called a wick seal punct repair kit...They even have a little co2 bottle in the kit to fill up ur tyre...
Dont leave home without one...

sen
13-07-2009, 06:37 PM
Bike's safely home!

Thanks HEAPS to SOS, will definitely be recommending them to whoever/whatever will listen to me.

scotty/Seifer: It was a pretty chunky screw that left a decent size hole, and i'd had to ride on the tyre for a bit, so I didn't feel comfortable plugging it.

rod185651
13-07-2009, 06:50 PM
Good to hear you got your bike home Sen, yeah those SOS guys sound like good blokes eh ;)

scotty
13-07-2009, 07:35 PM
Shit Sen now ur in trouble, well if ya let them now where ya live, you'll av some wee kid out the front of ya house at 6 am yellin "do a skid" and "bollox" all the time[:p]
BTW glad she got ohm

Weaselman
14-07-2009, 03:52 PM
Yes gents we got him home. And it was a ragged hole and an external plug wouldnt have held for shit. Needed an internal plug

sen
14-07-2009, 03:57 PM
Some gentle persuasion in changing my taste in bikes, as well as some awesome ideas on how to fighter my runaround, came free with the service haha :P

scotty
14-07-2009, 05:37 PM
quote:Originally posted by Weaselman

got a ragged hole held for shit. Needed an internal plug
I heard that about u

Jockney Rebel
14-07-2009, 06:04 PM
quote:Originally posted by scotty

Shit Sen now ur in trouble, well if ya let them now where ya live, you'll av some wee kid out the front of ya house at 6 am yellin "do a skid" and "bollox" all the time[:p]
BTW glad she got ohm
..erm yeah hes on his way lol:D

Jockney Rebel
14-07-2009, 06:07 PM

Bike's safely home!

Thanks HEAPS to SOS, will definitely be recommending them to whoever/whatever will listen to me.

scotty/Seifer: It was a pretty chunky screw that left a decent size hole, and i'd had to ride on the tyre for a bit, so I didn't feel comfortable plugging it.
thanks for the plug [see what i did there lol]remember we're there when you need us ..be fully operational on the central coast too very soon [ unfortunately youll have to put up with me then :D