PDA

View Full Version : distracted driver die's in Vic

scotty
10-07-2009, 07:45 PM
So Victorias worst intersection claims 4 young guy's on the week end and rip's in to the comunity. 4 day's later a female driver get's hit by a truck and is killed instantly. The news are saying "she was distracted by the road side memorial,or more correctly "she said she was distr.....". How the fuck could she "say" she was destracted, She was killed instantly.What fucking hope do we have as motorcycle riders if a few flowers can distract, sory, be accetable for the media, as an excuse, that a few flowres on the side of the road can distract a driver enough to not see a truck? What if a motorcycle was comming when she pulled out? Oh it's ok she was obviosly distracted, What would happen if, god forbid, they had a fucking circus in town on that corner?

Bikes-or-fishin
10-07-2009, 08:41 PM
sad story but here here scotty.

latheboy
10-07-2009, 08:46 PM
But she was looking at the pretty flowers and she was probably on the phone and thats the last thing she said.....

Sad news for all the family's and friends the people killed, but what do you expect from the media. Next they will do an interveiw with her.

Bikes-or-fishin
10-07-2009, 08:49 PM
if it was I they would say i was speading!!
couldn't stop.

MTBEERWAH
10-07-2009, 09:36 PM
Well.. if your on a bike its self preservation. Even if you`ve got a green light, always look left & right. I personaly have been saved the fate of death by doing so. Never ever take it for granted every one will stop.

boris
11-07-2009, 01:08 AM
now now scotty I agree but being on a bike last weekend ( I'm sure this is (cant spell irrelevant while pissed) ok I may have ) I came across a cross that I didn't know of on a wild corner on the nymboida loop and I have 2 admit I took my eyes off the road when I saw it and had a moment of ass puckering proportion but I'm still here, obviously I have had 2 drink copious amounts of alcohol 2 forget the incident oh and I had 2 go watch akhmal (whoever) 2 help

336LJ
11-07-2009, 01:16 AM
quote:Originally posted by MTBEERWAH

Well.. if your on a bike its self preservation. Even if you`ve got a green light, always look left & right. I personaly have been saved the fate of death by doing so. Never ever take it for granted every one will stop.

So far the only thing that saved me in a similar kind of situation at an intersection.. is the fact that I had a random retard moment, and tried to take off in the gf's car in 3rd instead of 1st. as the light went green I was like "FUCK SAKE" just as I start the car again an F truck with 4 fuckwits probably in a rush to get home and beat their wives ran the red light right where I would have been, at about 140k's.

Only one thing worse than dying in a girls car, would have been the fucking oval imprinted into my forhead.

I personally look left right left right left right left right behind left right behind.. when crossing an intersection.
Especially when the turning lane has a give way (no green arrow, but green light)

KATO ZX7
11-07-2009, 05:34 PM
Yes its fcuked up, but so is that intersection at times!!

Thanks Scotty for sharing ;)

336LJ
11-07-2009, 10:03 PM
the road where my mate died a few years ago is built wrong. my late step father always complained to the council (Where he worked) about it years and years before anything major happened. the second it rains its a fucking big drain pipe. guarantee everytime it rains someones either dead or on their lid in the ditch.

Further up the highway and you got a cunt of an intersection just after a 100k zone starts, over a hill. so when its busy u have people pinning it to get out at least ACROSS the road. like a fucking death challenge or something.
I'm sure in QLD its a case of if someone with the power to change things finally loses someone in a deadly crash. not just your average joes in a daily demolition derby. THEN something gets done about it.

Some intersections it doesnt even matter if you think its clear to pull out or not. there so badly built the second you pop out onto the road a car is straight up over the hill and into you

nothings gonna change - kinda pisses me off to when I see the rego papers and they charge you a "ROAD IMPROVEMENT FEE" - where the fuck does that go! (v8 stato for the pollies no doubt)

80s freak
12-07-2009, 01:27 AM
My thoughts go out to her family and friends, but when are people going to learn that when they are driving, riding, what ever, on the roads. That they are trying (with varying levels of success) to control a deadly weapon. A licence is a privilege not a right.