PDA

View Full Version : NSW Police Wont Issue Speeding Fines For 1 Week

Large
08-07-2009, 08:01 PM
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,25751484-5001021,00.html

scotty
08-07-2009, 08:09 PM
now that's b&.
I dare ya to go flat out on the 12 n see if ya can get one. If ya do just give em my det's:D

evilkarl
08-07-2009, 10:15 PM
No speeding fines for a week is expected to cost the NSW government $2 million.

So the state government earn over $52 million a year in NSW alone.

Bear
08-07-2009, 10:33 PM
You little beauty!!

Ross_247
08-07-2009, 11:06 PM
whos keen for a hoot tomorrow night, drag race down the F3 ? ? ?

Whos comen wit me ? ?

TurboKat
09-07-2009, 12:10 AM
quote:Originally posted by evilkarl

No speeding fines for a week is expected to cost the NSW government $2 million.

So the state government earn over $52 million a year in NSW alone.

Mathematics FAIL

Jockney Rebel
09-07-2009, 02:07 AM
erm try $104 mill

evilkarl
09-07-2009, 07:08 AM
hehe oops. Fail!!
Still that's even worse. After reading that recent topic someone posted about the people's speed habits etc from a NSW transport engineer it goes to show this is nothing more then a tax

Gix11
09-07-2009, 04:47 PM
Ever thought it's a wind up / baiting? They were very brief with their "After 6pm" statement don't you think, considering it said next week and was dated yesterday - 6pm when exactly?

Jockney Rebel
09-07-2009, 08:07 PM
there was a huge cop presence up here on wednesday mostly bike cops mind you about 8 of them with 4 patrol/pursuit cars

rock hard
09-07-2009, 10:40 PM
Eat Shit N.S.W.theiving c...s thats one of the reasons i left,dirty corrupt arseholes... im only talking bout the public servants. talk about oxymoron. public fuckin servants yeah rite... rant over

10-07-2009, 10:22 AM
Instead of handing out infringement notices on the spot, the dirty pricks are handing out invites to parties being held at courthouses all over the state. Great, clog the court system up even further.

Ross_247
10-07-2009, 10:49 AM
yeah im still not to confident to put this one to the test, there seem to be more cops out than ever...Im sure If I go past one doing 250 they are bound to still pull me over, think they are all talk

Jup
10-07-2009, 11:44 AM
quote:Police will be giving cautions to speeders, unless it is considered a serious breach, in which case the people will be put before the courts

Define serious?

JackTar
11-07-2009, 02:08 PM
quote:Originally posted by Gix11

Ever thought it's a wind up / baiting? They were very brief with their "After 6pm" statement don't you think, considering it said next week and was dated yesterday - 6pm when exactly?

Was on the news as well Si, I tested it by speeding all the way to Sydney and back yesterday but I didn't get pulled over so I guess we will never know. Unless any of the NSWelshmen are up to the challenge:D

DiscoDan
11-07-2009, 03:20 PM
quote:Originally posted by Jup

quote:Police will be giving cautions to speeders, unless it is considered a serious breach, in which case the people will be put before the courts

Define serious?

I'd guess 45 over is serious, maybe even 30 over these days.

Nudie
11-07-2009, 06:43 PM
Yesterday I drove from Wollongong to Young and back for work. I was wondering about this no fine business and kept an eye out for the filth anyway (old habits die hard). Saw a patrol car with a guy pulled over (no idea of booking status) on the Goulburn bypass southbound and another on back halfway up the hill, hiding in the bushes nabbing southbounders.
Made me think, if they're not after speedsters, why hide in the bush? If they're gunna go easy on ya, why not just cruise around with the headlights on and have a higher profile/presence? Then if you know where they are and still do fun stuff, you deserve whatever it is they are going to ream you with.

JackTar
11-07-2009, 07:09 PM
They haven't said they aren't going to take points off you just money, they want to hit the government in the hip pocket.

Tony Nitrous
16-07-2009, 08:10 PM
This is about car's,
but it wouldn't be hard to imagine similar style law's applied to bikes.

(so no 4x4's with more than a 50mm lift ?
or low-riders with a 50mm drop ?)

NEW laws making it an offence to raise or lower a car's suspension without proper approval is about saving lives, New South Wales Roads Minister Michael Daley says.
From August 1, car owners will be limited to raising or lowering their suspension by no more than five centimetres, and all modifications will need approval from Roads and Traffic Authority engineers.

Currently, a car can be raised or lowered by up to five centimetres without approval and by up to 15 centimetres with approval.

Mr Daley says while drivers may think a lowered car looks "cool" it really is dangerous and any adjustment of more than five centimetres doesn't belong on the road.

"I don't want to see young hoons putting their lives or the lives of others at risk, just because they think their car looks better 15 centimetres closer to the ground," Mr Daley said.

"Raising or lowering a vehicle's height can put the driver, passengers and other road users at risk.

"It can affect handling, braking and safety features such as electronic stability control."

Any vehicle that is raised or lowered after August 1 will have to carry a certificate stating that the modifications confirm to safety standard requirements.

Large
02-08-2009, 08:28 PM
Update: Further Action

NSW police threaten to waive fines

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=842299

NSW police will waive fines indefinitely as they fight a state government wage proposal that will remove protections for injured officers.

The NSW opposition is urging the government to end the pay dispute, saying it'll cost the state $2 million a week.

The government wants officer to sacrifice sick leave and death and disability allowances to fund a pay rise of four per cent - an offer the Police Association has rejected.

At a meeting in Sydney on Monday, 200 officers voted to push ahead with the fine blackout, the second in a month.

From August 3 there will be a "open ended" fine-free period, with police refusing to write tickets for a range of misdemeanours, including traffic offences.

"(Police) will use their discretion as to whether they will write (a ticket), or give a caution or if (an offence) is serious enough, they will place people directly before the court," association president Bob Pritchard told AAP.

"Obviously, we would never put the community at risk but we need to show the government that we are very serious."

Mr Pritchard said police were reluctant to take such action "but we have to give the government a wake-up call".

"They (the government) are trying to take away protections if they are injured, and other associated things," he said.

"We can't understand why."

The fine protest is the latest salvo in the long-running pay dispute, which saw police refuse to issue traffic fines for a week at the beginning of July.

The association says the removal of protections for injured workers would financially cripple officers hurt on the job.

Under the current award, police injured on the job receive full pay until they return to work or exit the force.

If the government proposal is adopted, injured police would be on full pay for only 26 weeks.

Police Minister Tony Kelly admitted he was disappointed about the industrial action but said others emergency services, such as the NSW Fire Brigades, had agreed to cost savings to pay for salary increases.

Under government policy, any public sector rise over 2.5 per cent had to be funded by efficiencies.

A cost savings strategy was put forward by the Police Association but was rejected by the NSW government.

"It is a concern, however, the police can't be treated any differently to the Fire Brigades, the nurses," Mr Kelly told Macquarie Radio.

Opposition police spokesman Mike Gallacher called on Premier Nathan Rees to intervene, saying the situation had "spiralled out of control".

Mr Gallacher, a former police officer, questioned why the government was pushing for injury protections to be cut.

"I believe that police perform an extraordinary role in our communities, and their benefits should reflect the dangerous work they do," Mr Gallacher said.

"I don't believe the government has acted in good faith in relation to these negotiations."

He said if the dispute was not resolved, it would significantly hit state coffers.

"Whether we like it or not, fines coming out of the NSW police account for around about $2 million a week," he said.

"That's a significant hit for NSW bottom-line."[/quote]