PDA

View Full Version : simpson helmets

03gixxerpilot
07-11-2006, 04:11 PM
I know this subject has been covered befor but the topic is locked, and the dates that were last posted are from 04 so dose anyone have any upto date knowledge of any shops/importes that have/can get them in and how many dollars are involved, or would it be cheaper to import one from over seas. I have quotes from both Simpson race products and Rocket industries:( ( they don't do black ones )i was just wondering if there is any where else that sells they just to get a comparision

Befor any starts i know that they arn't legal to use on the road;) but as was mentioned in the old thread certial exhausts, small indicators, headlights etc arn't legal for road use either:D

Cheers Clive

Gix11
07-11-2006, 06:44 PM
Shayne found someone on the coast a while back. He might remember. Also, if you go to the "Paint" page of this site there is a couple of links to custom airbrush artists who, when I contacted them last year, said they could get the lid on their account if you wanted to get it sprayed - i.e. Black, as they only come in white.

Rocket
07-11-2006, 06:48 PM
Billywhizz got one about a month back. Very quick delivery from oversea's.

alfiestorm
07-11-2006, 06:52 PM
I like simpson helmets for drag racing but fuck would i use one on the road not becuase they are illegal to use but because of the severe lack of side vision they have.
Anyone else found this to be a problem with simpsons helmets

Gix11
07-11-2006, 07:13 PM
The usual complaint is the air flow into your eyes and the sound level.

03gixxerpilot
07-11-2006, 07:39 PM
there is a supplier that can get them in black, $760 my price;) then i got to get a visor,
sooooooooooooo the question now is do i get a simpson or do i get another shoie X11 ( my current helmet ) i don't know how much a new X11 would set me back but i'll find out tommorrow

Gix11
07-11-2006, 07:55 PM
Why not wait for one of Stu's Craft helmets? That way you get the simpson style but the practicality of a shoei. Check this month's RAPID Bikes mag for more details.....! ...or just contact Stu. Way cheaper than both that you mention.

scotty mac
07-11-2006, 08:00 PM
has anyone herd of a brand in uk streetfighters mag called bandit helmets they look more like simpsons than the some of the craft ones but i don't know what the finish is like.

Gix11
07-11-2006, 08:02 PM
Bandit Helmets are German aren't they? Alfie or Frankie will know.

scotty mac
07-11-2006, 08:05 PM
i'll have a look in the latest bible....

scotty mac
07-11-2006, 08:08 PM
www.bandithelmets.co.uk or email darren@horton-design.co.uk

BOHEMION
07-11-2006, 08:11 PM
quote:Originally posted by Gix11

Why not wait for one of Stu's Craft helmets? That way you get the simpson style but the practicality of a shoei. Check this month's RAPID Bikes mag for more details.....! ...or just contact Stu. Way cheaper than both that you mention.

There already here mate he was selling them at the Brissy Bike Expo. I got all anxious cause if i got one i had no way to bring it home hehe oh well [V] I saw the Matt black ones and there HORN to say the least! Get onto Stu mate;)

scotty mac
07-11-2006, 08:14 PM
do you konw what models he has???

BOHEMION
07-11-2006, 08:19 PM
http://www.craft-helmets.com/RX_001.htm

The evolution model mate All colurs but silver (i think)

WATEVR
07-11-2006, 08:47 PM
the simpsons are absolutely shit on the road but hey thats the price for cool apparently. the crafts look right on the money to me there is just the issue of purchasing without the ability to try first which is abit of a prob?

ozkat
07-11-2006, 08:48 PM
No way id ever swap my Simpson for a Craft.

07-11-2006, 09:14 PM
quote:Originally posted by WATEVR

the simpsons are absolutely shit on the road but hey thats the price for cool apparently. the crafts look right on the money to me there is just the issue of purchasing without the ability to try first which is abit of a prob?
Austreetfighter will swap the Aus complied Craft free if you choose the wrong size.Simptoms are over-rated heaps of shit. M2R helmets are Australian made and designed from input from 5 of the worlds most respected motorcycle racers,as are their lethers.I support Australian made products.

WATEVR
07-11-2006, 09:22 PM
the exchange thing is great to know and i agree there are lots of aussie gear on market these days thats atleast worth a look as well as lots of new brands/manufacturers that are now available in australia so you dont only the 'big' name brands to choose from. its all starting to get a lot better.

alfiestorm
07-11-2006, 09:33 PM
bandit helmets are German made quality helmets and are far better than Homers

BillyWhizz888
07-11-2006, 09:44 PM
Got the Bandit a while back
hell she lets in air (good its hot anway)
she's noisy (where ear plugs)
Its illegal (so is the bike)

But fark dont it turn heads :D

plod dont stop me, and if they did what would they ask? where did you get it soony (even oldies get called that) got it at the market officer dribble, it aint got a sticker son? its got a tag inside officer, its an AGV tag soony jim, isnt it an AGV helmet officer???

BWAAAAAhahahahahahahaha

07-11-2006, 10:14 PM
ok,so lets clear up this subject for the uneducated, A Simptom Helmet is not a Bandit,yet they both look the same and have similar quality's.But 1 is German made and 1 is Yankie made.? correct me if im wrong here punters?
A Craft lid is Euro built and according to those that own em and have owned alot of different helmets,nuthin compares to it.

So...at the end of the day,it doesnt really matter what your Helmut looks like because if you need to distract the viewers attention with your helmut,the chances are your lid is more impressive than your bike and riding abillity anyway.
just my cent worth.

03gixxerpilot
07-11-2006, 11:09 PM
are the simpson helmet chin straps double D's or the click type.

BillyWhizz888
08-11-2006, 08:33 AM
Someone better tell them they aint bandits??????

http://www.extremesupply.com/simpsonhelmets/simpsonauto/simpsonsnellsa.htm

Simpson Helmets Auto Bandit Nomex® Full Faced - Solid White Helmet (N series - NOMEX® )
Air ram ducts in chin provide air circulation
Standard .125 clear Lexan shield opens with thumb tab
Exclusive impact absorbing one-piece EPS liner
Adjustable tear off posts
Colors: White
Sizes: S,M,L,XL,XXL
Your price: $389.00
Comes with Free Helmet Bag
Truly Free Shipping / No Handling Fee on orders over $100.00

Comes with clear shield.
Click on photo above for larger picture.

Simpson Full Face Bandit helmet is characterized by their distinctive, style-setting appearance and profile that follow the contours of the eyes and face. The redesigned, trend-setting Bandit is one of the most popular helmets today! Snell SA 2005 and SFI 31.2.

Gix11
08-11-2006, 10:55 AM
That is exactly where the confusion started. The Simpson "BANDIT" was the first real Fighter statement helmet and like all things it got abreaviated to just a Bandit helmet. Then the bastards in Germany decided to name a helmet brand as BANDIT and confuse all those new guys who listen to the old school Fighter fans go on about Bandit helmets. The truth of the matter is, the helmets that look the best have the smallest eye area and are hence illegal - so Simpson wins on the looks department hands down.

ozkat
08-11-2006, 04:27 PM
quote:Originally posted by 03gixxerpilot

are the simpson helmet chin straps double D's or the click type.
Double Ds mate. Im more than happy with mine Clive. I wouldnt say its any worse in any way than my AGV which is proberly 5 years old. Side vision is limited a little but i havent had a problem with it. Proberly alot cheaper to buy direct from the USA i think i was quoted around $500 au delivered when i was looking for one. There is a bloke here on the Gold Coast that sells them but at $1200 ea you can do alot better from the US. If you like ill bring mine to 1770 for you to check out. Cheers Shayne

Gix11
08-11-2006, 04:29 PM
Which model you chasing Clive?

03gixxerpilot
08-11-2006, 05:45 PM
thanks shayne that would be great if you could though i proberly would have already ordered mine by then, Si i'm wanting the simpson bandit in black ( yes they are available in black as standard ) and have been quoted $735 landed on my door for it just got to measure my nogin to get the right size, the bike shop that i am getting it form will also do me a deal on the dark visor at $85 instead of $120 ( i think that is what he said was the retail for the visor )

There has been a lot of views put forward here about this or that helmet and is intresting on what people have to say about diffrent helmets, i have always used shoies as they seem to fit me the best and be of very good quality, yes proberly over priced but for been able to have one fit me properly and last is proberly worth it, i've had some big stacks and one was a face plant into the tar at about 80kph still got the helmet as a testamant to the durability of the shoie ( not saying that other helmets are inferiour just that i'm happy with the shoie ) as you can imagine i'm a little warie about changing brands and want to here about others, i have no doubt about the simpson brands quality and am going to give them a go ( i'll still get another shoie for on the hiway ie long distance rides )

Cheers Clive

BillyWhizz888
08-11-2006, 09:53 PM
Clive, try the extreme website they were more than helpful and gave me a spare dark visor for free!
sizes!!! I got XL as per usual helmet, could have done going one under, just something to make sure of [:p]

dont want ya hid wobblin all over now do we :D

03gixxerpilot
09-11-2006, 02:42 AM
Billy thanks mate, whats the actual web address

Gix11
09-11-2006, 09:59 AM
Clive let me know the outcome before you buy mate. See if they are interested to do a deal on two lids...... (as long as they do the entire range and not just the bandit)

03gixxerpilot
09-11-2006, 12:18 PM
Gix sure thing, won't be untill after the 1770 run though.

BillyWhizz888
09-11-2006, 12:29 PM
quote:Originally posted by 03gixxerpilot

Billy thanks mate, whats the actual web address

http://www.extremesupply.com/simpsonhelmets/simpsonauto/simpsonsnellsa.htm

bellhelmets@earthlink.net

Gix11
09-11-2006, 01:27 PM
This is what I got from Airextreme Art last November:

"The price for a Simpson bandit is $650 with a quantity of 5 being priced at $550 each. If you give me your sizes I can see if I have those sizes in stock, if so I can have them to you by the end of the week.
I can also get black helmets but they incur a further $50 on the price.
The old RX is now called Simpson SNX & it is priced at $770."

Clive
Are you looking at the Motorcycle bandit ones advertised on the Simpson website : http://www.simpsonraceproducts.com/products/product_detail.aspx?cat_id=178&prod_id=2475

http://www.simpsonraceproducts.com/prod_images/image.aspx/large/MSB5.jpg

which includes the Outlaw:

http://www.simpsonraceproducts.com/prod_images/image.aspx/large/782.jpg

or the automotive Bandit which seems to be more expensive:

http://www.simpsonraceproducts.com/prod_images/image.aspx/large/120.jpg

including superbandit which is more expensive again:

http://www.simpsonraceproducts.com/prod_images/image.aspx/large/121.jpg

03gixxerpilot
09-11-2006, 01:43 PM
just been on the web site above and black simpson bandit is approx $580 aus the black simpson superbandit is approx $691 aus I'll be contacting them to confirm these prices, what model helmet and what size are you after gix I'll ask about that as well if you wish

just had a look at the shipping appreantly free shipping dosent meen free it only meens free if you are in the USA.:(

Gix11
09-11-2006, 01:53 PM
I was just wondering if anyone had seen a Desperado in real life and if it is a bit too radical with the chin spoiler or not:

http://www.rocketindustries.com.au/images/brands/simpson/SI825-7.jpg

Found this here while doing a search: http://www.rocketindustries.com.au/search.php?field=HELMETS&brand=SIMPSON&menu=Safety+Equipment

Gix11
09-11-2006, 02:21 PM
As for me I have no idea what size Simpson will fit. I wear a Shoei as well Clive, always have. I'm a 57/58 how about you? If you're the same that would be easy.

Gix11
09-11-2006, 04:07 PM
Here's Rocket Industries ((02) 8825 1900) pricing (AU$):

BANDIT $710 + GST
DESPERADO $999 + GST
SPEEDWAY RX $997 + GST

03gixxerpilot
10-11-2006, 04:39 AM
gix looking at the automotive super bandit, that desperado look very trick, but like you i would like to see one in real life first befor buying one, don't know what the numbers on the shoie ar but it is an XL, the simpson site has a fitment chart, I have asked one of the distribers about the sizes ahd he said to measure our nogins and let them know that measurment, im still waiting for a reply form extream supply i'll let you know how things go as they progress.

Cheers Clive

veetwo tls
12-11-2006, 07:11 AM
FWIW

my helmets:
SHOEI VFX-R stanton replica - MX: size S
SUOMY bargy desighn blue metal flec replica - MX: size S
BIEFFE GR 1500 - road: size S
CMS carbon fibre knock off - road: size S

SIMPSON RX8 speedway: size 7 1/4

HELMET SIZING CHARTS:

http://www.snowshack.com/helmet-chart.html
http://www.danscomp.com/products/charts/helmetchart.htm

google:
http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&q=helmet+sizing+chart&meta=&btnG=Google+Search