PDA

View Full Version : WTB Cheap Bike hauler (UTE)

pappas
06-07-2009, 11:10 AM
Looking for a cheap ute to take the bikes out on.

damo1
06-07-2009, 12:28 PM
Why don't you get a trailer??????? it'd be cheaper!

pappas
06-07-2009, 12:48 PM
Don't have a car to tow a trailer at the moment. Got a ute for work but not allowed to use the thing for personal use!

Hows the 7/11 going Damo? WR's going well! I've been on a few rides and it hasn't missed a beat!

gibbo
06-07-2009, 01:16 PM
http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1246882351.jpg

Utes are so yesterday mate[8D]

damo1
06-07-2009, 01:30 PM
quote:Originally posted by pappas

Don't have a car to tow a trailer at the moment. Got a ute for work but not allowed to use the thing for personal use!

Hows the 7/11 going Damo? WR's going well! I've been on a few rides and it hasn't missed a beat!

Glad to here it mate ;)

Yeah the 7/11's going real good got the seat unit on,got the vfr arm and rear end in splashed a bit of paint around new tires rego and it's all sweet.

Just fucking around with the tune of it but i'm pretty sure it's right now just going to try one more set of jets to see if i can get more out of it.

Long story but it's rego'd as a 750 not an 1100 :D the RTA didn't know what to do with the computer system as it kept going to 1127cc every time they put the new engine number in.
So the knuckle head goes gets a supervisor tells her whats going on and she just tells him to override the system and put in 748cc:D

I'll get some pics up soon, were having computer issuse and i cant load them from my camera at the moment.

Jockney Rebel
06-07-2009, 08:51 PM
trailer for sale down here fully enclosed big enough for two fully equipped race bikes plus spares

Jockney Rebel
06-07-2009, 08:52 PM

..ahhh thatll teach me to read the post properly lol

LKC73
06-07-2009, 09:17 PM
Pappas, Ive been thinking of selling my 1980 Chevy C-20. It is a 350 V8 on straight gas with a single throttle body from "Gas Research Systems". Was going to put it on the market about September, and at 6 grand, would be a cheap type of truck to hual bikes with.
If you would like more details, send me an email.

(Edit) I'll put a pick up for you also.

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1246934810.jpg

pappas
07-07-2009, 01:54 PM
quote:Originally posted by damo1

Glad to here it mate ;)

Yeah the 7/11's going real good got the seat unit on,got the vfr arm and rear end in splashed a bit of paint around new tires rego and it's all sweet.

Just fucking around with the tune of it but i'm pretty sure it's right now just going to try one more set of jets to see if i can get more out of it.

Long story but it's rego'd as a 750 not an 1100 :D the RTA didn't know what to do with the computer system as it kept going to 1127cc every time they put the new engine number in.
So the knuckle head goes gets a supervisor tells her whats going on and she just tells him to override the system and put in 748cc:D

I'll get some pics up soon, were having computer issuse and i cant load them from my camera at the moment.

Sounds like you've got a fair bit done! Would be good to see some pics once you get your computer sorted! I'll keep a lookout!

pappas
07-07-2009, 01:56 PM
quote:Originally posted by LKC73

Pappas, Ive been thinking of selling my 1980 Chevy C-20. It is a 350 V8 on straight gas with a single throttle body from "Gas Research Systems". Was going to put it on the market about September, and at 6 grand, would be a cheap type of truck to hual bikes with.
If you would like more details, send me an email.

(Edit) I'll put a pick up for you also.

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1246934810.jpg

Nice looking ute mate! Prob on the high end of my price range. I was looking at spending around $3-$4K.....how much rego is on it?

LKC73
07-07-2009, 10:01 PM
Pappas, this is why i would wait until September, coz she is to close to rego to put it up for sale right this minute. When i do sell it, will have 12 months from 29th Sept.

JackTar
07-07-2009, 11:26 PM
You are better of selling it before you get rego, if someone buys it and changes it into their name they just have to pay rego again.

RED ZX
08-07-2009, 09:13 AM
Email sent about the C20, I am interested. Just would like a few more details, cheers.

pappas
08-07-2009, 09:52 AM
RED ZX, Mate you sent that email to me not LKC73.

LKC can you email me some contact details so I can talk to you about the car mate? spappas@energy.com.au I've sent you a PM but not sure if you got it.

RED ZX
08-07-2009, 01:00 PM
hahaa, whoops, sorry mate. *slaps forehead* note to self, dont email just after getting up.

LKC73
08-07-2009, 09:43 PM
Pappas, just sent you one now mate. Ive added details and info about the C20.
RED ZX, if you want more detail I can flick you a email with the same detail as Pappas.

I was going to put this up on fleabay also, but I will wait seeing its got some attention with you fellows.