PDA

View Full Version : Mackcity AKA Charles

MaCkCiTy
02-07-2009, 09:09 PM
Hows it going all. Been trolling though here for a while, thought I'd say hello.

So I used to ride a bike years ago and for reasons I don't really remember anymore I sold my much loved RGV250. Recently I've really been missing my bike and I've been hankering to get another one. Put my old car on another forum saying I'm keen to swap for a bike, was ment to swap it Monday for a 00 R6... ol' mate dropped it getting me a RWC [xx(], by the sound it his riding talent could keep up with the bikes performance. So now I'm waiting on his insurance to fix it. Ah well, so I'm still bikeless at the moment. If the R6 falls through, I'll have to try and join the gixxer club, love those old 750s.

Anyways, when I do get a bike, expect heaps of questions!

Gsxar
02-07-2009, 09:17 PM
Welcome to the fun MaCkCiTy..... Get yourself on 2 wheels soon as you can :D;)

wackyrider
02-07-2009, 11:27 PM
Welcome mate

latheboy
03-07-2009, 06:59 AM
If your still going to get the R6 id be asking for some cash with it as its been damaged. Even if it has been fixed.

Welcome

MaCkCiTy
03-07-2009, 08:14 AM
edit: (was tired last night) *by the sound of it, his riding talent couldn't keep up with the bikes performance.*

Cheers all

^oh definately latheboy, I was actually sending cash with the car. The car is nothing fantastic so I'm not going to complain too much. But that dollar amount is going to have to drop a bit methinks. As for the bike, I don't think they we're going to fix the cosmetics or the it would become a statutory write off. Sounds like it's going to be prime to be streetfightered!

Gix11
03-07-2009, 12:14 PM
Welcome aboard mate. Where abouts on the Gold Coast are you?

I know of a young bloke that bought a brand new R6 because he thought bikes were cool. His first bike. He dropped it within 500 metres of the shop down Lawrence Drive and then again at the roundabout. Needles to say it spent a lot of time in the shed and then got sold a year later with about 200ks on the clock. Some people aren't meant to have bikes, sounds like you've found one of them.

KATO ZX7
03-07-2009, 06:48 PM
Hi Charli
Welcome to the nuthouse

MaCkCiTy
04-07-2009, 10:21 AM
^^lol at dropping the bike twice. Jeez, drop it once you think you would start driving with some super humility! My brother is one of those people that shouldn't have bikes. He was always asking to ride my RGV when I had it, the answer was always no. But he bought a pitbike last year. Started it in his back yard, crashed it into the nearest fence (his yard is about 5Mē :p). The front brake calliper fell off, I said "why didn't you hit the back brakes?", he didn't even know what I was talking about!

I'm currently at Mermaid near Pizzy Park but we're out of this place soon, not sure where I'm moving to yet. Probably Surfers or something.

Gix11
06-07-2009, 05:29 PM
Another one of our members is down there as well. Rides a GSXR750 in all black. You may have seen him around, not far from the IGA there.

MaCkCiTy
06-07-2009, 07:39 PM
Ah cool. Haven't spotted that one, I'm right near that IGA too, I reckon it wouldn't be impossibel to drive a golf ball and hit that place from my house (would want a few tries though :P). Only bikes round here is my neighboughs, he's got a Yellow TT600 and some monstrous 1.3L cruiser.I told him about getting the R6, haven't seen him since bellend dropped it. Have to tell him my sob story...

I'll keep my eye out for the Gixxer though!

caotic
06-07-2009, 10:12 PM
welcome mate go the yamaha's good to see

scotty
07-07-2009, 12:48 PM
welcome Mack

STELF
10-07-2009, 02:06 PM
Welcome mate:D

Jockney Rebel
11-07-2009, 01:31 AM
welcome mate you brissy lot are breeding ..

jakelive
12-07-2009, 01:03 AM
Welocome mate at the rigt place Jake

MaCkCiTy
12-07-2009, 09:01 PM
Cheers guys. Checking out a bike tomorrow arvo, I'm excited! It's another R6s, those things are cheap these days! If I get it, expect pics!!!

Harry
12-07-2009, 11:04 PM
welcome mack,...enjoy mate. hope the r6 works for ya mate..easy fighter:)

davio
13-07-2009, 06:28 PM
welcome mac ,, just a thought.. isnt it great that ur bike got dropped? now u have no fairings to take off ,and u got a big ol cheque from insurance man to spend on shiny things and noisy things and alcohol ,, u lucky bastard

MaCkCiTy
14-07-2009, 07:10 PM
HORRAY. Yeah yesterday I picked myself up a 96 YZF600R (R6?)for the what I'd say is an extremely reasonable price of $1800 with a helmet and gloves. I just tried to pinch the photos off the Trading Post ad, but it's not available. I also moved yesterday to a mates at Surfers, so I'll get pics happening when I can. This like the last one I looked at also has a half knackered fairing, so this thing is primo for streetfightering. I'll keep you all posted!

Yamie
16-07-2009, 10:38 AM
Welcome mate the R6 wont let you down:D

Yamie
16-07-2009, 10:44 AM
Drop us a line when your out Nerang way its good out here its the hills or the highway[:p]