PDA

View Full Version : Gun Safe wanted

336LJ
02-07-2009, 05:06 AM
Well this is not a particularly interesting post....
But only a few weeks to go and Im'a start breaking things out here with a cheap little 12Ga I bought (its still at the shop)probably the most pov brand in the world but I don't care I'm saving the big bucks for something cool in the near future.

Does anyone have an old gun safe they don't want? that won't cost me about 500 million dollars like all the other good ones.?
OR.. an old locker or something worth using.
Been trawling ebay and second hand places for ages trying to find something. but everything is in frikken melbourne or somewhere else with aids and real far away.

Either that or I'm after some ideas on what else to use. (Toolbox's etc)
We have these big old lockers in a row of 4 made of tube steel but they have chain link fence wire around them, I'd have to get some metal sheeting to weld to it and I Can't be fucked. AND I Can't even move them now they are that heavy.
Cheapest safe I can find is about $300 and it looks like its made out of shot peened paper mache..

I'm in a high set house with wooden floors, so I want to fix it to the floor and have big ass bolts with a steel plate underneath going around the huge I beam holding the center of the house up.

Fish
02-07-2009, 07:48 AM
Let me know if ya find 2 of them.

BOHEMION
02-07-2009, 12:09 PM
Just ask at the range mate, people are always upgrading their kit. Wouldnt hurt.

Mishdog20
02-07-2009, 04:46 PM
My boss built his own, just got the local sheet metal blokes to bend up a box, and then he migged it together. I'm sure if you asked nice they might do it for ya. It cost him $100 bucks, and just rattle canned it black. Looks shit hot too.

Tony Nitrous
02-07-2009, 06:15 PM
We built ours out of adding extra plate to a locker out of a factory.
(Going back a while in the UK, they might be more fussy now?)

A load of staff lockers went through an auction, so we hid
the key's (in my pocket) and bought them for scrap value...[:I]

JackTar
02-07-2009, 07:08 PM
Wasn't Wayne (Chopaweeza) trying to get rid of a couple of lockers that could be used for that?

336LJ
03-07-2009, 01:25 AM
quote:Originally posted by JackTar

Wasn't Wayne (Chopaweeza) trying to get rid of a couple of lockers that could be used for that?

If he lives in bris Im interested.
Either that or we have this huge fakking retro 70's fridge under the house thats got a massive lock/latch thing. door swings like a shipping container, I'm sure it was used to transport "nyukullorr" waste back in the day. has metal frame for a base.
I just can't be fucked carrying it up stairs. and also I want something narrow enough to fit inside a normal cupboard so I Can bolt it into the floor thru the back, and hang shit in front of it.

anyone know any non retarded second hand places that might have this gear around south bris? I know of one in moss st.
Gonna check it out next week so I'll keep an eye out for some extra's
How much would you pay senior bitchfist? Cause I'll whip out the ol "Salesman" front and try get a good price on a few of em. (plus no idea what they are worth really)

I'm definately reinforcing a standard locker tho. I'm almost thinking, it could be cheaper to just build one from scratch if it comes to that.