PDA

View Full Version : bunabaroo

bunabaroo
30-06-2009, 10:53 PM
Well hello! I've been lurking a while and this does look like fun...

I live in God's country on Sydneys northern beaches, my interests are bikes, bikers, and watching other people take long walks on the beach. I'm six foot tall, have long legs, a curvy figure, attractive facial hair and my missus rides an R1 so sucked in to all you blokes who have to go shopping on the weekend

By way of bike introductions I'll just say I've always wanted a gixxer 1100, and a year ago I got one. It had an ABM conversion, twin lamps and an Acewell dash. Looked good but handled like a pig. It's now got clipons, which allows the forks to be re-set to the correct position, and it handles like a wild boar. But that's my problem.

Good to be here, I hope to join in a sunday ride someday soon.

:D:D

Fish
01-07-2009, 08:37 AM
Welcome Mate.

Harry
01-07-2009, 08:40 AM
welcome mate,you must have some prob's with the bike..iv never heard that said of a gixxa.........................does it have tyre's on it? :)

Gix11
01-07-2009, 04:35 PM
If you've ridden the Gixxer for the first time after being used to the latest and greatest for years then she's going to be a handful mate. They were a big bike and even the advert in the 80's warned that you needed to be an experienced rider to own one. A lot of us that own them have been riding bikes since that period and are just used to that kind of bike.

Anyway, welcome aboard mate.

latheboy
01-07-2009, 04:51 PM
Welcome James.....

scotty
01-07-2009, 05:33 PM
Howdy James, Pics please(of the gix and the misses if ya like:D)

wackyrider
01-07-2009, 06:25 PM
Welcome mate

bunabaroo
02-07-2009, 12:14 AM
Cheers folks, Tyres are horrible old shitters from the darkest corner of the grudge. I swapped in a K5 thou shock this morning, and it turns a bit sharper, but I think I need a bit more spring, and the damping is maxxed out but seems to have little effect. I think a shock rebuild might be on the way...

I actually enjoy having to wrestle it around, it's not really as bad as I make out, but as some suggested I have been used to some newer kit. I started my time on a '95 GSXR750, Ive had 2 SRAD 750's, 2 900 Superlights, a 99 R1, a very nice TL1000S, and I've dispatched for years on BMW R850's, CBR600's and an ER-5. I've also got an ex-Suzuka K2 thou for fun at the creek. Compared to that lot, the 1100 is a bit of a handful, but fabulous fun to ride, and I'm enjoying the challenge of sorting it out.

Photos soon.

Z Power
02-07-2009, 11:00 AM
welcome aboard mate