PDA

View Full Version : VTR 1000 F wanted

TurboKat
30-06-2009, 02:20 PM
A mate of mine is looking for a VTR, he wants one with less than 20K kms, service history & one owner, gotta be 2000 onwards (19 litre tank) preferably with a couple of aftermarket extras like mufflers, rack, etc. Colour's not important.
He's willing to spend good money for the right bike.
Anyone know of any?

scotty mac
30-06-2009, 02:37 PM
is he interested in a newy? there still a few around.

sen
30-06-2009, 03:12 PM
www.ozfirestorm.com .. always a bunch for sale over there..

Mine fails all of the above requirements, otherwise i'd offer it up so i could buy a blade :P

sharky
30-06-2009, 04:00 PM
quote:A mate of mine
Well we all know that's a lie to start with......
You want an 'onda [xx(]

Bear
30-06-2009, 04:27 PM
What are they like to ride, just out of curiosity?

Cruisecontrol
30-06-2009, 04:48 PM
Great engine but the rest of the bike is built with parts out of the cheap bin to keep the RRP down.

I owned one for a few months and it was pretty bloody quick. Sounded great with a set of race pipes on it too...

80s freak
30-06-2009, 09:02 PM
Spot on Motorcycles has 2... 2003 @ $7490 and 1997 @ $6995. The 2003 is plum, I think it has pipes will check.

TurboKat
30-06-2009, 09:07 PM
I used to work next door to Spot On Motorcycles, I wouldn't buy anything off them - their mechanic Geoff is dodgy as fuck ;) his toolbox only has hammers, shifters & cable ties in it [:0]

sen
01-07-2009, 11:31 AM
quote:Originally posted by Bear

I love mine. It's my daily, commute to work on it etc. They absolutely GUZZLE fuel like there's no tomorrow.. to the point where you constantly think there's something wrong with your bike.. I get 140km's from a 16L tank, if i'm lucky.. 100km if i'm giving it a bit (which is most the time).. still better than a car, and a lot more fun.

They got some wicked mid-range punch, and the SOUND of the things is crazy.. plus they spit flames 2ft out the exhaust when engine-braking down a hill ;) They're not a track bike, so don't expect it to ride like it's on rails, but do expect to scare the fuck out of people and set of car alarms when you start it up (if you have good pipes).

And they're cheap as shit.. hunt around and you can get a 97-99 for $4500-5000 with plenty of rego and some mods.

80s freak
01-07-2009, 12:50 PM
You forgot about the race tape Turbo! lol

devo
05-07-2009, 01:44 PM
Hasn't James (DC Racing) got one for sale, looks great and was a good price from memory.[8D]

OZ750L
05-07-2009, 02:48 PM
I think he sold it devo but not sure. Worth a try anyway.

Link to his ad.

http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12395

BANDITROD
05-07-2009, 08:20 PM
quote:Originally posted by sen

I love mine. It's my daily, commute to work on it etc. They absolutely GUZZLE fuel like there's no tomorrow.. to the point where you constantly think there's something wrong with your bike.. I get 140km's from a 16L tank, if i'm lucky.. 100km if i'm giving it a bit (which is most the time).. still better than a car, and a lot more fun.

They got some wicked mid-range punch, and the SOUND of the things is crazy.. plus they spit flames 2ft out the exhaust when engine-braking down a hill ;) They're not a track bike, so don't expect it to ride like it's on rails, but do expect to scare the fuck out of people and set of car alarms when you start it up (if you have good pipes).

And they're cheap as shit.. hunt around and you can get a 97-99 for $4500-5000 with plenty of rego and some mods.
mate that doesnt sound right most guys i ride with have them and they get about 200klms to a tank and thats hard riding

sen
05-07-2009, 10:00 PM
quote:Originally posted by BANDITROD

quote:Originally posted by sen

mate that doesnt sound right most guys i ride with have them and they get about 200klms to a tank and thats hard riding

Yeah.. though it's been dyno tuned etc and everything is good, so not sure why I get so much less than anyone else. I haven't had it long, so ultimately I gotta look into it more and see what's up.

I only commute 10km each way, I can actually walk to work it's just more fun to ride.. so not too fussed on fuel economy right now.

BANDITROD
05-07-2009, 10:09 PM
hahaha awsome mate

Nudie
11-07-2009, 07:24 PM
If i'm giving it to mine (most of the time) I can get close to 200 with the 19lt tank.

Disclaimer: I'm a big fat cunt. My bike has no aerodynamics to speak of.

HueyonaBlade
12-07-2009, 09:59 PM
quote:Originally posted by Nudie

If i'm giving it to mine (most of the time) I can get close to 200 with the 19lt tank.

Disclaimer: I'm a big fat cunt. My bike has no aerodynamics to speak of.

Isn't that the catch though ,that Sen has a 16L tank ,as apoused to the 19L tank,sought after by the masses , resulting in the greater fuel economy[:o)]