PDA

View Full Version : SPEED KILL'S !

Tony Nitrous
29-06-2009, 04:04 PM
http://au.foreman.blogs.topgear.com/2009/06/25/speed-kills-me/

Gix11
29-06-2009, 04:24 PM
I have driven on the Autobahn and it really is a whole different ball game. You're not constantly looking to see if there's marked cars or unmarked cars, you are fully alert and you get to see cars that are built for high speed doing what they do best. An all round pleasurable drive. This guys's comments sum it up perfectly.

Tony OW31
29-06-2009, 05:18 PM
quote:Originally posted by Gix11

I have driven on the Autobahn and it really is a whole different ball game. You're not constantly looking to see if there's marked cars or unmarked cars, you are fully alert and you get to see cars that are built for high speed doing what they do best. An all round pleasurable drive. This guys's comments sum it up perfectly.

I lived and worked there for a while, and I saw less accidents in my whole time there than I do on my usual morning commute here.

Tony Nitrous
29-06-2009, 05:40 PM
Can you image lifting the speed limits here !

Most of the motorised-retards struggle to cope as it is.

sen
29-06-2009, 06:06 PM
I say lift speed limits on all our proper freeways (read: good surface, decent bends, not shit roads like the GWH over the blue mountains), and let the gene pool get cleansed by idiots who don't understand that you're responsible for your own limits.

Tony OW31
29-06-2009, 06:42 PM
quote:Originally posted by sen

I say lift speed limits on all our proper freeways (read: good surface, decent bends, not shit roads like the GWH over the blue mountains), and let the gene pool get cleansed by idiots who don't understand that you're responsible for your own limits.

problem is tho' all those idiots would end up taking out us motorcyclists.