PDA

View Full Version : Flowing and blueprinting heads

Lewis Moto
26-06-2009, 07:06 PM
Who in Melbourne can flow bike heads......aside from TK's mates at Dino Byke?

TurboKat
26-06-2009, 07:25 PM
You can't 'flow' a 2 stroke head & it'd be a waste of time doing your new KAWASAKI's head, the ZX moteurs make the most power in the class anyway.

BANDITROD
26-06-2009, 07:28 PM
what you got a new bike aido cmon where are the pics

Lewis Moto
26-06-2009, 07:44 PM
quote:Originally posted by TurboKat

You can't 'flow' a 2 stroke head & it'd be a waste of time doing your new KAWASAKI's head, the ZX moteurs make the most power in the class anyway.

First off "duh" [:o)]
Second of all "pleeese explayne?" Why not?
Looking at "optimising" the whole shebang - Flow the head, match carburation and exhaust, squish, and possibly big bore - well as much as is available anyway. I'm a fat Kahrnt and all this seems easier than going on a diet so stop pissing on my parade![:o)]

Lewis Moto
26-06-2009, 07:50 PM
quote:Originally posted by BANDITROD

what you got a new bike aido cmon where are the pics

See here http://ksrc-au.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=25190.
Twas TK's fault, but "god love 'im"
Going to Shitme next weekend to fetch it.
By all accounts its ready to go for clubsportlite racing here in VIC.
Was also thinking that if I smash it up a bit or bump off that 17500 redline too many times then I would like to fit a thumper engine or an MX 2stroke engine into the frame - just for fun on trackdays:D

TurboKat
26-06-2009, 07:55 PM
Just race the fucking thing FFS, worry about 'optimisation' or laying off the pies & piss if you come last.
Ken's (Vicwreck) Balius racebike has the most power of all the bikes in the class & that's a slightly detuned ZXR moteur - he actually wants a ZXR POWERplant for his bike!
Tell the world about your new RACEbike, don't be shy now ;)
Oh, you have [:I]
I just remembered an old mate of mine I haven't seen for a while had one of those bikes that he pulled into a million pieces with the intent of rebuilding it... then, unfortunately he discovered Harley Davidsons & last time I was over there, the ZXR was all in boxes & hanging on the walls of his garage.
I'll give him a bell now, I know you suffer from the same 'can't have too many spares' syndrome that I do [^]

Lewis Moto
26-06-2009, 08:38 PM
We are way off topic now but - yep I'll take his "unfinished project" for the right price of course!
Going to look at a lathe and Mill on Monday - 1 gorilla the lot! So funds are becoming dryer than Brumby's N/S pipeline.

Lewis Moto
26-06-2009, 08:45 PM
Oh and those vicwreck bikes are definitely not standard at all. Kudos for the skill the blokes have piloting them but..... When you have an endless supply of parts and people in the trade that might owe favours then perhaps the shitfighters have been breathed on .....a little bit.
When was the last time any bike in the interclub was torn down for inspection? hmmmm
I'm a sceptic.

Lewis Moto
26-06-2009, 09:12 PM
quote:Originally posted by TurboKat

Just lay off the pies & piss....
[^]

Thats my training program so get fucked.
Now answer the bloody question. Who has a flow bench?

BANDITROD
26-06-2009, 10:00 PM
your gunna look huge on that but its the right price so who gives a fuck.......nice buy mate

Booster
27-06-2009, 08:42 AM
Powerflow near Geelong does a real nice job.. but do you actually need more port flow , high comp pistons , better exhaust , cams, all things to consider which is the limiting factor , and if you want roundy fast ...suspension ..

hyside
28-06-2009, 09:58 AM
your gonna end up with a shed full of unfinished bikes...

Lewis Moto
28-06-2009, 07:42 PM
End up with?????
I thought I was starting out with!

Look what I found today [:p]
http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1246280335.jpg

Turbo 2fiddy!
http://www.metalspeed.co.jp/sub6.eng.html

hyside
28-06-2009, 10:27 PM
If you water it, it mite grow !