PDA

View Full Version : Wiring Diagram for 92 CBR900RR Wanted

dane_ra
04-11-2006, 03:02 PM
Hey, does anyone have a colour wiring diagram lying around for a CBR900RR 1992?

I have a starting issue, hit the button and nothing... no click nothing at all. Still got lights and shite, and if I cross the starter solenoid, starts fine. So I replaced the solenoid... still nothing. Thinking that there is either a short somewhere or the start switch is fucked.

I need the diagram to work out how to bypass the switch.

Any help would be great. Cheers

cammy9r
04-11-2006, 07:51 PM
maybe the side stand or neutral switch is faulty. I think there might be a clutch switch as well at the lever. These are safety things to stop you starting the engine while in gear.
Side stand switch is usually 1st to go with all the shit it collects.

I'm sure it is a grounding circuit that feeds back to a starter kill relay, maybe some one else might know more about your set up.

cammy9r
04-11-2006, 08:51 PM
http://www.streetfighters.com.au/forum/upload/493992205206849.JPG

This is for a cbr900rr 96 onwards i dont have anything earlier. I think it might be very similar though.
Blue circle is the parts i was talking about before.

dane_ra
04-11-2006, 10:15 PM
Thanks Cammy.

The clutch switch and side stand switch got removed a long time ago, so that cancels them out.

I had another look at it this arvo and discovered that if i connected one of the wires in the kill switch to one in the starter switch, it fires up, so I figured that the issue must be in the actual kill switch/starter switch unit.

Hmmm, I'll study the wiring diagram and see if I can make sense of it.

Cheers

dane_ra
04-11-2006, 10:48 PM
OK, I think I've worked out the wiring diagram. Just need to test my theory tomorrow.

Bed time now[|)]