PDA

View Full Version : Azraels Valfighter..

Azrael
16-06-2009, 10:41 PM
Rightio then, I already have a ute, it has many names, the red baron, the stunt ute, red death and that big red heap of shit. Its a pretty good ute, but when im driving any vehicle i have an overwhelming urge to kill people who drive like cunts. Therefore i require a vehicle that stikes fear into the hearts of the endless litany of fuckwit drivers clogging up our streets so they know they are about to be murdered in a truly diabolic fashion by some dark menacing threat on wheels. I know there are some Chrysler/Valiant nuts on here (paging Large) so i thought id show off my new build, yes it has 4 wheels but it also has a 318 to push it and im hoping when im done it'll have less charm than a rottweiler on a gloryhole;)

Any suggestions, tips, piss pulling welcome and if the real valiant gurus could please step forth so i know who to call when i fuck something up that would be much appreciated.

My first question, ahem, whats the best carb to run on a 318? holley 650?

And where can i buy a length or railway iron for my <s>bumper</s> garden..

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1245206317.jpg

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1245214330.jpg

BANDITROD
16-06-2009, 10:42 PM
bout time someone round here built a decent tinlid ......how does it go large ...mopar or no car

BANDITROD
16-06-2009, 10:43 PM
go for a 750 pumper mate they love em

LKC73
16-06-2009, 10:55 PM
Awesome, really like the square Val utes!

I met Weasleman at DynoDay2 on saturday, told him of my other project which is a C20 Chev pick up. Big and square also... never thought of putting it up though.

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1245170199.jpg

TurboKat
16-06-2009, 11:39 PM
quote:Originally posted by BANDITROD

go for a 750 pumper mate they love em

What fucking drugs are you on?

Tom, If the 318 is standard, it'll be a 2 barrell manifold, you can only use a Holley 350 or 500 CFM with an adaptor plate & believe it or not the 350 will work better than the 500. If you want to go 4bbl, the first thing you need to do is find a 4 barrell manifold off a 340/360 (or an aftermarket job) then put a 390 or 465 squarebore vaccuum secondary Holley on, stay away from spreadbores, mechanical secondaries & double pumpers - they'll only drown the moteur when you floor it.
The old Fireball is not an efficient powerplant by todays standards, in standard trim it only needs around 400cfm of air/fuel at max RPM & it'll only make 270 or so HP with all the boltons (carb, manifold, pipes, ignition) if you have an efficient intake manifold, ignition system & exhaust setup, you could go for an oldskool #1850 600cfm vac sec Holley but nothing bigger unless you want to be pouring lots of unburnt fuel out of your tailpipes. Of course if you want to go nuts on the motor, the sky's the limit (but I'd be looking for a 440 instead [^])
I remember taking my mates 440 VG ute for a spin years ago, it was totally fucking nuts [:p] You could only use a sniff of throttle off the lights or it'd go up in smoke, you hadta be real careful with the kickdown on the auto because it'd just go up in smoke, even at 100 kph on the freeway, if you floored it it would... you get the picture. ;)
BTW, a limited slip diff is the best investment you'll make with a V8 ute, hours of sideways fun for the whole family & endless amounts of these -&gt; :D
Oh yeah, the VE/VF/VG series had fucking diabolical frontends in em, the best thing you could do to make the old chap handle/steer half decent is adjust the steering box up properly & renew all the balljoints, tie rod ends, pitman & idler arms - it'll make a HUGE difference. Get a knowledgeable operator to do the wheel alignment too, it's important to get it right.
TRY to resist lowering the fuck out of it by winding the torsion bars down, it looks tuff as fuck but kills the aforementioned joints in no time.
Keep us posted mate, anything you need to know about the old Valigrunts, let me know.

BANDITROD
17-06-2009, 06:47 AM
i am on lots and i wont be sharing with you anymore ....and for the record pumpers are awsome TK ........once you know how to use them;)

latheboy
17-06-2009, 07:58 AM
Id put a quadrajet pumper on it... But like TK said the 318 isn't a go fast motor without the $$$$ thrown at it, well it is a truck motor!! I would be leaning towards a injected crate motor, heaps more power and awesome for fuel. And even if your set on a carby motor all you have to do to the crate motor is swap the manifold and its done, or go straight GAS Injection.
A <s>440</s>[B)] 426 hemi would be rad but the dollars involved would make the crate motor so much better.
You also need a couple of speakers in the tub on full noise playing BLOODDUSTER all the time[}:)]:D

Large
17-06-2009, 08:15 AM
*426 Hemi Ivan

Tom you need massive power but don't need to go to the trouble of a big block conversion, so-

http://www.moparmarket.com/classifieds_view.php?classifiedad=27950

Or get your own 360 and Hemisize it - http://www.pentastarparts.com.au/sunshop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1347

Or maybe just install nos on the 318 for shits and giggles

Docktor
17-06-2009, 09:49 AM
maybe a 600 vac.......... It aint never gunna be a monster and the 600 will feed it ok.
Hell rip the fireball out and slap a 265 in it with trip su's

Elapid
17-06-2009, 11:27 AM
A mate of mine had a cl 4 door with a 318 in it, sounded the part and that was it. Then it got a 360 crank, 318 rods and pistons but the pistons had to have the crowns machined down a heap. it ended up being 351ci from memory. he had 273 heads on it apparently they have a better rocker assembly. It had 12:1 comp and ran flat 12s over the 1/4. he had a predator on it for a while then swapped that for a 660 centre sqirter. It was pretty heavy on fuel. Mopower performance built the engine.

If the engine is close to standard just use either of the two barrels mentioned above.

Kris.

Azrael
17-06-2009, 03:52 PM
quote:Originally posted by TurboKat

[quote][i]BTW, a limited slip diff is the best investment you'll make with a V8 ute, hours of sideways fun for the whole family & endless amounts of these -&gt; :D

This^^is the purpose ofthis build:D

Fark, cheers lads, thats a shitload of info and good advice. Im gonna start pulling it to bits thisarvo so ill know more once i get the motor out. Im not planning on making this thing a full on drag car, just enogh power to scare people and get sideways alot

"Keep us posted mate, anything you need to know about the old Valigrunts, let me know."

This ^^ is why i love this site:) cheers mate will do!

And Ivan, when this thing is done, Im gonna drive around in my cunt shirt with dontcallmehomeboyyacunt basting as i run people down[}:)]

Azrael
17-06-2009, 03:55 PM
quote:Originally posted by Large

*426 Hemi Ivan

Tom you need massive power but don't need to go to the trouble of a big block conversion, so-

http://www.moparmarket.com/classifieds_view.php?classifiedad=27950

Or get your own 360 and Hemisize it - http://www.pentastarparts.com.au/sunshop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1347

Or maybe just install nos on the 318 for shits and giggles

Thanks mate, nos is not a bad idea actually, just for scare factor, might have to call this beast the Fecalator[8D]

Weaselman
18-06-2009, 04:50 PM
mention quadrajets once more latheboy and i'll hit you

cut a hole in your bonnet and run 3 stromberg 90's with velocity stacks yeah baby

latheboy
18-06-2009, 05:06 PM
quadrajetshehe

Weaselman
18-06-2009, 05:29 PM
turrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrd

why do you like those over complex pieces of shit anyway.

Azrael
18-06-2009, 06:33 PM
quote:Originally posted by Weaselman

cut a hole in your bonnet and run 3 stromberg 90's with velocity stacks yeah baby

It came with spares, one being a bonnet so yeh this babys getting a shaker hood..

Elapid
18-06-2009, 06:42 PM
That should look differant in a good way. Not to many vals with shakers. Are you going to try and get it centred? From memory vals v8s were offset.

Kris.

latheboy
18-06-2009, 08:57 PM

turrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrd

why do you like those over complex pieces of shit anyway.

When you get them right they are fucking great, but when they go bad its a world of trouble in know....

Large
18-06-2009, 09:19 PM
quote:Originally posted by Azrael

It came with spares, one being a bonnet so yeh this babys getting a shaker hood..

I reckon a bloke with your skills could knock up a nice pop up Air Grabber type of scoop pretty easily.

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1245347339.jpg

Or maybe a Hemi Dart all out fuck you cunt scoop

http://www.asfphotos.com/upload/1245371333.jpg

Tomanyprojex
20-06-2009, 08:18 AM
I took the quadrashite off my 440 van motor and stuck in a reprogrammed chevy ECM to run fuel injection using a Holley throttle body. Works really well after a while fucking around remapping again and again and again...

Azrael
20-06-2009, 03:07 PM
Thats some cool shit right there, that hemidart looks angry!

20-06-2009, 03:10 PM
It is angry, it just realised it's not a Ford

Hagarr
20-06-2009, 09:17 PM
Fuck Azrael I knew you were cool but not THAT cool.

Love the old vals..

My 5 cents worth with Chrysler V8's fuck off the Inlet and Exhaust Manifolds with Aftermarket or equivalent and stick it on Full LPG.

The most limiting factor is they are basically a Truck motor as other guys have mentioned, and the manifolds are designed for really shit fuel which equates to restrictive Manifolds, althoug port designs were actually brilliant flow designed primarily for crap fuel.

Sure theres heaps of performance things you could do but I reckon thats the way to go.

These things make good power particularly on straight Gas as most have High Comp anyway.

Lucas
20-06-2009, 09:57 PM
Why don't you be like all the cool kids and get a WRX scoop. They work even better if you don't cut the bonnet.

latheboy
20-06-2009, 10:31 PM
What about a 6/71:D with a big fuck off bug catcher .... angry as a short bloke on roids who's coked up to the eyeballs