PDA

View Full Version : Crossroads

Slingblade
02-11-2006, 07:33 PM
Ok i need some help.

I have basically gotten my blade to where i can without spending large dollars on structural work ie. changing swingarm, subframe, USD front end, etc.

My dilemma is though i am happy with it, its not exactly what i want.

I am not the smallest unit in the world and so i think rather than spend more reddies on the blade i might look at a bigger bike.

I think there is really only three options for large bikes i can fighter.
1. ZX12R this would be my first choice as i have liked them since they were released. Unfortunately they are pig ugly with the plastics off.
2 Hayabusa. Nice option but they arent exactly sexy naked and they are pretty pricey 2nd hand.
And that leaves.........GASP!
3 GSX-R1100. I was determined not to go here as there seems to be more gixxers fightered these days than with fairings, but it seems the logical choice. Its relatively cheap. It looks great fightered. They go like stink and i have to admit have the nicest sounding note of any inline four to this day. Its a decent size.

So the point of this ramble? What model do i want? I aint up on the gixxer ancestry but i figure a mid 90's? When did they go to the water cooled? and which motor is better?

Must have USD.

Heres a chance for all the gixxer boys on here to educate a dumb Honda rider. I can do a search on the net but i want advice with fightering it in mind.

Let loose Ladies!

ozkat
02-11-2006, 07:58 PM
no choice really, 89-92 oilcooled 1100. 91-92 have the usd forks as standard tho.

Slingblade
02-11-2006, 08:36 PM
Shit. Look at this on bikepoint. I live in bloody newcastle. Wonder what i would get for the blade??? My missus would kill me.

http://www.bikepoint.com.au/DesktopDefault.aspx?UsedBikeID=2030021&TabID=3424&Alias=bikepointau

Slingblade
02-11-2006, 09:06 PM
Cheers ozkat.

Geez i thought i would be inundated with wisdom with all you gixxerphiles on here!

Suzuki riders must be shy! hahahaha

fimpBIKES
02-11-2006, 09:18 PM
thats the shop across from kawasaki that has that gixx

Slingblade
02-11-2006, 09:20 PM
Yeah i bought my lid from there. Have you seen it ?

Gix11
02-11-2006, 09:41 PM
Yea, what Oz said. No questions.

geesexar
03-11-2006, 06:51 AM
yep no doubt about it...91..92 gixxer..usd forks...one hellava motor..fightered they look like catwoman on heat..they are enough to give me an orgasm before i even throw my leg over one

Slingblade
03-11-2006, 07:14 AM
Ok. Thats solved. Can someone set me straight on the 750 frame issue. The frames look really similar. Whats the appeal of the 750? Is it smaller or does it just have more radical geometry? ie less rake and trail etc.

Hillsy
03-11-2006, 02:00 PM
Saw a ZX12 fighter on the road in Brissy last night - looked the goods Boris.....are you sure you want to go Old Skool??

Docktor
03-11-2006, 06:35 PM
Faaark Boris, If u wanna pay 5.5K for a gix, you can have mine and I will even freight it up to ya. Doc counts $$$$ up and ponders next bike................. :)

03-11-2006, 09:31 PM
same rake,shorter wheel base and seat height.89 has the strongest engine but lacks the handling. 90 750 with 89 11 is the ultimate SF unit.5.5 is way to much for a stocker.

Docktor
03-11-2006, 10:14 PM
Nah. ............ Awwww yeah. What he said its a little lots dear dude. Mine is a L model with upside downs and she is a 1100. If I could get 5500 I would be parkin my ass one something more comfy lol. But what a bike mate, its old as hell and a sweet as ride.

Slingblade
04-11-2006, 02:55 PM
I didnt say i would pay the asking price fellas!

Stayed at the Novatel in Sydney last night and i casually slipped in the gixxer idea over a romantic dinner. She just smiled, was quiet for about thirty seconds, gave a creepy little laugh and asked when i was going to make that appointment for a vasectomy.

Suddenly the blade seems to be my only friend at home....

Hillsy, the zx12 would be great but they look weird with the tank cover hovering in midair once the plastics are removed. I had given some thought to getting Ben to have a crack at making some 'accent' covers to tidy the tank area up (like they did with the buell x1 when you removed the airbox) but i would have to find a bike at the right price first. After the wifes reaction it may be a while yet.

I guess i can understand her reaction. I have been finishing up fiddly bits on the blade this week and while i am doing it i am hatching a dastardly plan about what my next bike will be! I suppose i should let the blade attend one Fools run before pissing it off.

What can i say these fuckin fighters are more addictive than crack! I cant wait to get to the next one.

Slingblade
05-11-2006, 09:15 AM
Actually i think crack addiction is less expensive than fighter addiction.

Hasnt made me steal off my parents yet though. Or hold up a servo.

Iceman
05-11-2006, 09:45 AM
If you get rid of the Honda, are you gunna change your name?

Gary the Gixxa
Kevin the Kwaka

The possabilities are endless!

Slingblade
05-11-2006, 09:51 AM
Soloman the Suzuki has a nice ring i reckon or neville the ninja