PDA

View Full Version : What paint to use on my 1127

Rocket
12-06-2009, 04:30 PM
So, I finally got of my fat lazy arse and tipped the motor out of the turbo bike so Morry can give it a new base gasket to hopefully keep the oil on the inside.

But I always regretted when I first got the motor back from the engine builder, I was in too much of a hurry to shove the fucking thing in so I could ride it (as you would) that I didn't paint it first.

So now the engine's back out, I'm going to remedy that little fuck up and give it a dulux overhaul.

Anyone know what colour those things are ?
Any recommendations on method or paint brands?
Etching maybe ?
I'd prefer the original charcoal colour if I can but if it all gets too hard, it'll probably be the good old VHT black engine enamel.

Hagarr
12-06-2009, 05:07 PM
Hey Phil i've still got some of that E-460 Quick Dry Enamel which I painted mine with if you like.

The colour was matched with a cover of the original.

Mail me if you are interested.

Fight_fan
12-06-2009, 06:25 PM
Out of interest, how do u go about prepping the engine? Jst sand it back, primer n away u go?

BANDITROD
12-06-2009, 06:35 PM
quote:Originally posted by Fight_fan

Out of interest, how do u go about prepping the engine? Jst sand it back, primer n away u go?
i didnt use primer on mine mate i just gave it a good clean and sand and then hit with vht case paint

Rocket
12-06-2009, 06:48 PM
quote:Originally posted by BANDITROD
i didnt use primer on mine mate i just gave it a good clean and sand and then hit with vht case paint
[/quote]

This is probably how I'll end up doing it.
What colour did you use Rod ?
Black ?

BANDITROD
12-06-2009, 07:05 PM
yep just a satin black mate and its done 13000klm and still looks like new mate

Rocket
13-06-2009, 11:24 AM
Onya Rod. Thanks

Jay_G
13-06-2009, 02:14 PM
i haven't had any luck with the vht style heat proof paints, when my engine comes out shortly the whole thing is getting chemically stripped, 2pac etch primed and 2 pack paint on it,

Fight_fan
13-06-2009, 04:22 PM
quote:Originally posted by BANDITROD

quote:Originally posted by Fight_fan

Wicked! Cheers Mr. Sexual! ;)

BANDITROD
13-06-2009, 06:30 PM
who told you that ........and thats ok